Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Taking Menopace ontop of Merina  (Read 897 times)

Kintyregal

Taking Menopace ontop of Merina
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:24:55 PM »

Hello, I am 48 and I am going through the menopause. I have been refused HRT on medical grounds and have turned to Menopace to see if it will help with my symptoms. I had the Merina coil fitted about 6 months ago to help also. After 6 months on the coil I am not really seeing any major changes to my symptoms. When I am on my period I have severe mood swings. I feel anxious, emotional and unable to cope with little minor issues at home. I only started the Menopace recently so I don't expect to see any major changes straight away. My question really is has anyone else tried the Menopace with the coil and did it work for you? Can anyone offer an alternative to HRT? My GP has talked about anti depressants but I really don't want that.

Tinkerbell

Re: Taking Menopace ontop of Merina
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:56:48 PM »

The Mirena won't do anything for your symptoms apart from helping with heavy bleeding if that is the reason you had one fitted.
Why did you have the Mirena and what is the reason for not being able to take HRT?

Kintyregal

Re: Taking Menopace ontop of Merina
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:37:46 AM »

Hi Tinkerbell,
I had the Merina fitted to stem my heavy, painful, two weekly periods which in time I hope will either get lighter or stop altogether. At the moment the coil fitting is in it's infancy and my periods are still heavy and about every two weeks. However the pain has eased which is good. I have been refused HRT because I have a family history of breast cancer and my mother has had thrombosis. I chose Menopace Max as I think it offers a wide range of vitamins which will be helpful to me. I was worried that I my symptoms seemed to have gotten worse since taking the Menopace but I am probably just paranoid. I know it's early days and I need to be patient and wait to see if there is a change in time.