Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Dr Julie Ayres  (Read 4564 times)

kdee69

Dr Julie Ayres
« on: April 18, 2019, 05:15:51 AM »

So I have made an appointment to see Julie Ayres. After the awful experience with Utrogestan and the fact that my doctor's surgery have no clue - I just want to talk to someone who I feel “gets it” and can help me.
I spent most of yesterday in tears, all I want is to feel “normal” , I'm not asking for amazing and I despair that that seems to be so hard to attain.

Has anyone seen Julie and if so, what can I expect? It's a good two hour drive and £110 for the first appointment but as we live in the middle of nowhere, this is my nearest option.

When I was younger, I'm sure I remember “well women's clinics” at pretty much every surgery. My practise now only has a diabetic clinic as they said there was a greater demand  :(. Sorry to sound fed up but I am and just need to get it out.

Dotty

Re: Dr Julie Ayres
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:04:59 AM »

Kdee - can I ask where you live? X

kdee69

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 06:14:56 AM »

Hi. North Lincolnshire x

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 06:32:34 AM »

Hi kdee69

I've seen her (on the nhs). It was a couple of years ago when she was opposed to testosterone replacement for women, however, I believe she had changed position on this and now prescribes it.

Re Utrogestan or alternatives I'm pretty sure she'll suggest the Mirena (she did with me).  That's ok if you can tolerate it, unfortunately I couldn't, and had to have it removed after 6 months. You could always ask her for the jaydess if you don't want to go down that route it has less progesterone than the Mirena, so would need monitoring.

Good luck with your appointment, and let us know how you get on x

Shelly65

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 03:09:58 PM »

I have seen her twice and first time she was very good the second not so good. She didn't want me using vagifem more than twice a week and so prescribed estring which gave me bad period type pain so stop using it. Anyway I disagreed with her on the vagifem and that was that she said she didn't need to see me no more. I think for many women she is very good just maybe not for me. Hope all goes well for you tho which I'm sure it will.

helenmelon

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »

I've seen her twice too, she was very patient as I cried through most of the first appointment.
I took my husband too and wrote a very long list of how I was feeling. On the day I was having a horrendous flooding period she suggested I have a hysteroscopy and gave me the name of a excellent gynaecologist. She suggested a Mirena and although I didn't really want one due to a previous bad experience I have one now and all is well.

Good luck, write everything down and if you're too emotional during the appointment she can read it herself xx

Nik2502

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 09:09:32 PM »

Waste of a journey. I ended up getting a refund. No letter after the consultation. Wasn't interested in listening to me or my husband. Cried all the way home.

Nik2502

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 04:47:56 AM »

Basically she took one look at me, saw I was overweight and then lectured me on my diet. I think at my age I could write a book on diets!
My husband tried to steer her back to the subject but didn't get anywhere.
I'd been on oral HRT for eight years but it had stopped working and she said she wouldn't have started me on it.
I sobbed all the way home.
Myself or my GP never received a letter about the consultation.
I made a complaint and got a refund.
Finally saw Dr Mansour last week who was very helpful.

Nik2502

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 11:49:57 AM »

Yes. She told me to eat less and move more. I told her I eat healthily abs my job is physical so I never stop. I've always been big. I'm not diabetic, don't have high BP or any other health conditions.
Dr Mansour was much more helpful and am seeing her again in August after she prescribed utrogestan to use vaginally (although she did ask if I could reach my vagina!)

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 01:12:11 PM »

Couldn't agree more Stellajane.  Most I've come across have been wonderful but there are a few I've thought should not be let loose on patients.  Their manner can be persistently upsetting to the point of being mildly traumatic when patients are in a state of heightened emotion through no fault of their own.  Not only that, but failures of understanding mean the wrong decisions about care can sometimes be made & the derailment hard to get back on track because of the imbalance of power.

Sarai

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 02:45:03 PM »

i waited nearly a year to see her on the NHS in my next city only for them to cancel saying she left the NHS and did I want to trail to the next city to see a GP with an interest. No thanks. Not bothered since.