Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New member  (Read 5837 times)

Boombod

« on: April 05, 2019, 10:07:37 PM »

Hi everyone I'm new and been peri for about a year finally decided to go to docs today and was surprised she offered me hrt straight away she gave me evorol sequi now I have anxiety about starting it not the first 2 weeks but the last 2 weeks with the progesterone part been reading a lot of women don't get on with now wondering if I should start or not anyone any views on this thanks

sheila99

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »

Yes, definitely try it. I was on it and the prog was fine. There are a high proportion of ladies on this forum with particular problems with meno, the many who are happy with there HRT are less likely to post. The chances are you will be fine, if not you can ask to change.

Boombod

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 11:16:56 PM »

Thanks no harm in trying I guess will see how it goes as u says can always change thanks for answering x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 07:49:16 AM »

Hi Boombod

:welcomemm:

As sheila99 said! It wouldn't be still on the market if sufficient women didn't get on with it as it wouldn't be commercially viable!

How old are you and what have your periods been doing reently ie cycle length? If they are pretty irregular and you are well into peri then you should now get a regular monthly bleed and if you have sweats and flushes then hopefully these will disappear, along with other symptoms.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 08:55:08 AM »

Some ladies have no problems with it  ;)

:welcomemm:

Boombod

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 10:19:16 AM »

Hi I am 46 my periods use to be every 28 days on the dot but are now more heavier . I had 2 last month this month was a week late I am getting hot flushes . Night sweats .anxiety pain in my knees and feet gum problems worst pmt ever  and I also have an under active thyroid and thought it might me that but it's in normal range she did say my fsh was 11 but I don't know what that means  I pick up my patches on Monday from chemist they had to order them in and she says to start on first day of my next period and pray they work thanks for answering x

Rosie77

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 11:10:17 AM »

Hi there!  Give them a try!  I am on the patch and progesterone pill. Tolerating pretty well. I have been pretty nauseous as I have to take the progesterone continuously. Starting week 4 in a couple days...so kinda early still. My mood has been much better since starting.  I have lots of symptoms, so I don't expect everything to be resolved!  Best of luck! 😀

Boombod

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 11:13:45 AM »

Thanks Rosie I will do  :)

Peripurple

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 11:32:07 AM »

Hi boombod, I actually always feel better in the prog phase, so give it a go and see  :)

Tc

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 12:07:40 PM »

Boombox. Hi and welcome.
Everyone reacts differently to different types of HRT and regimes. Even the docs dont realy know why but you will hear the phrase ",its not one size fits all". Some ladies love a particular one and others dont get on with it.
So please dont be put off. Theres no harm in trying and you may find it's perfect for you.
FSH.
I do know that consistently high FSH >30 miu/ml  can be used to diagnose post meno along with  absense of period for 12 months. I know fsh levels are also used to assess fertility but I'm not sure what role they play or how significant the levels are n  peri meno.. Maybe someone else will know. Im guessing it would depend on where you were in your cycle when bloods were take  to assess it.
X

Tillymint

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 02:30:33 PM »

Hi ladies - I was given evorel before xmas but still not started  it but think am going to take the plunge as I've been feel bloody rubbish for the last couple of months - change in bowel habits- colonoscopy all clear- no clear diagnosis of IBS but my digestions been awful- cramps acid reflux - blood tests got put on folic acid which I think I've reacted too but docs saying could be a virus- rash all over hands &rash patches on face - it's been an absolute joy lately!! Add on some anxieryy/doom feelings totally exhausted etc & I think I've just about covered it !! Periods are rare - last one was mid Jan but very light - worried about HRT as used to get migraines but had none for year and a half.  .... so sorry for rambling post- I often check this site & it really helps - do you think HRT might help me as I'm so so down !!  :( :( not myself at all - thanks for listening xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as acid reflux  ::)

Boombod

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 04:34:23 PM »

Thanks tc and tilly let me know how ur getting on with ur evirol  :)

Boombod

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »

Aww that good news peripurple hope I am the same will let u  know in a few weeks when I try the prog part of it x

Boombod

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 04:55:03 PM »

That's not so good birdy can I ask what hrt it is ur using and how long u have been on it
Pages: [1] 2 3