Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New member  (Read 5842 times)

Boombod

Re: New member
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »

I forgot to mention when I was at the docs she says my bp was high so took it 3 times says it's getting lower think the anxiety got the best of me but surely if it's high she would not have gave me hrt now I two minds whether to start because of that x

Tc

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 10:37:53 PM »

Boombod. She will have averaged it over the 3 times.
My dad always gets a first high reading. Lots of people do.  "white coat syndrome"  so dont worry xxx
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 10:48:43 PM by Tc »

Boombod

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 10:54:47 PM »

Thanks tc I'm such a worrier wish I could go back to my 30,s lol x

Boombod

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 05:12:30 PM »

Ok thanks will ask chemist x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »

BP can raise in the surgery.  We have a monitor at home but I don't register on it, apparently I'm clinically dead  ;D [not that you would notice  :D]

Boombod

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 07:03:23 PM »

;D I was just looking at magnesium on amazon so does anyone know if it's best to use the chelated ones to help bp x

Boombod

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »

Sorry clkd just looking back and realized what ur message meant I didn't mean to ignore all ur  replies I really appreciate what u have said in them thanks for replying to my questions 😀x

Boombod

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 12:05:25 PM »

Perfect thanks

Pink68

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

Hi boombod, can I ask what your cycle is like? Iam peri as well still have an irregular cycle but doc has given me everol sequi hrt, I haven't started them yet as don't know if this is quite a high dose to start with. X

Boombod

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2019, 11:00:12 PM »

Hi pink mines are still normal most months maybe a week late sometimes but a lot  heavier and bad pmt  than I use to be I think if u have not had a period for a yr then it would be just conti bu not sure myself cause am still new to all this Peri stuff x

Ladybt28

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 11:49:58 PM »

Just a couple of things from looking at all the posts.  Its a bit late in the day but welcome Boombod!  If you are peri then checking levels of hormones doesn't really work.  GP's usually do it once to see if they are low and then say "menopause" cos it rules out other things but you still have your own hormones flitting in and out under your own cycle which means its very hard to measure them again at any given time.  This also can cause a bit of erratic bleeding.

No one size fits everyone - just give it a go and keep trying till you find one that suits.  Took me 2 years! and now I have been on the right thing for 8 months but it took nearly 5 for everything to settle.  So patience can be the name of the game but you could be lucky and get it first off - I do hope so.  The other ladies are right, we are all so different what works for one won't work for another!

See  the blood pressure I have a bit of a theory about that.  I have been on blood pressure medication for 10 years but when I think back it started when I was in peri and I had ridiculous anxiety, I mean, nearly psychotic at times!  But since I have been on the right hrt, nearly all my meno symptoms have gone or are hardly any bother and there have been occasions when I have forgotten my blood pressure meds and been to the GP and they've taken my blood pressure and its normal!  How does that work, well, I reckon my body spent so much time in a state of panic it was putting my blood pressure up.  I now get a little lightheaded sometimes when I do remember to take my BP meds and that could be because they are lowering a bit too much.  Anyway that's my theory - if you live 7 years in one great big panic attack you are bound to have high blood pressure!

Boombod

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 09:17:56 AM »

Thanks for that message ladybt28 I picked up my evorol sequi yesterday but didn't start it cause of the blood pressure been high I do have the nurse on Monday to get it checked then again and hoping it's went down a bit from last week at the docs x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »

DH found his home BP monitor this morning to check levels for his Nurse as it's no good in the Surgery - white coat syndrome  ::)

Boombod

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 02:49:22 PM »

Thanks clkd I've never heard of white coat syndrome before I was never an anxious person till all this Peri stuff started taking magnesium last night so hoping that will help me and hopefully be a bit calmer for the nurse on Monday if it's fine then can start my patches next month x

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »

Is there a BP monitor in the waiting room that you could use?  A reading should be taken 3 times to even out, takes about 20 mins..  Let us know how you get on!
Pages: 1 [2] 3