Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Emmerdale  (Read 13016 times)

Tc

Emmerdale
« on: March 08, 2019, 09:27:26 PM »

So emmerdale are doing a hysterectomy storyline.
Tonight rhona told diane she was having her ovaries removed ar the same time and was worried about crashing into menopause.
Diane said "dont worry about that,they can give you something for it  they work wonders these days"  hmmmm......
Will be interesting to see if they develop the storyline.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Emmerdale
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 10:01:30 PM »

I know TC, I saw that too.
I will be waiting to see what happens next....
I hope they cover everything, and I mean everything, not like other programs where they just mention a few hot flushes and skim over the rest.....
Hopefully, one of the writers has been through it, and knows what they're on about.( I don't mean, hopefully as, I hope they've suffered, have experience, that's what I'm after..) lol
Poor Rhona.....xxx

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 10:07:52 PM »

It's not real life girls, and it's not meant to be. I gave up on soaps years ago as I found myself laughing at supposedly sad story lines, because they were so rediculous.

Robin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 10:16:01 PM »

I think they do try much harder these days to be more realistic about the issues they cover. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but if they do it justice then a perhaps a few more women will head into menopause understanding it's more than a few hot flushes and that there are treatments available. Id like to see more of this sort of thing to get menopause out in the open, get conversations started and become less of a taboo. Drip drip effect every little helps
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:25:15 PM by Robin »

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 10:23:18 PM »

The amazing thing is that she only had to wait a couple of weeks from diagnosis of fibroids! I think that women who have fibroids will think that emergency hysterectomy and removal of ovaries is the only treatment available and that they will receive surgery within two weeks! Usually the soaps do research the medical conditions they cover but this storyline is laughable.

Taz x

star35

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 05:55:33 AM »

Some time last year Nicola was diagnosed with early menopause but that story line didn't seem to go any further,does any one remember seeing that. Also on a different note I don't like watching the teacher and Jacob story line.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 10:06:55 AM »

I have so much going on in my Life that is typical of 'soap' story lines, that I've never needed to watch  ;D and 1 can dip into Coronation Street once a year and still keep up ;-).

Maybe send the Producers a copy of Mary's book  ???

Tc

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 10:20:14 AM »

Just interesting to see if they go anywhere with the meno storyline.
I gave up on all the other soaps years ago because of rubbish storylines. Some of them are downright insulting to viewers intelligence.
I'm on a thin thread with emmerdale.
I must admit Ive never been big TV watcher. Even when I was younger I preferred radio and my music  but I now watch less TV than ever.

I wonder if emmerdale have done any research on this. Maybe they should take a look on here if they want to tell it like it is ;D

Shadyglade

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »

Just interesting to see if they go anywhere with the meno storyline.
I gave up on all the other soaps years ago because of rubbish storylines. Some of them are downright insulting to viewers intelligence.
I'm on a thin thread with emmerdale.
I must admit Ive never been big TV watcher. Even when I was younger I preferred radio and my music  but I now watch less TV than ever.

I wonder if emmerdale have done any research on this. Maybe they should take a look on here if they want to tell it like it is ;D

Are you my twin sister.  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 10:33:27 AM »

Yes I'm the same.
Gave up on Eastenders years ago, and Corrie too.
Emmerdale is the only one I watch occasionally.

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 10:39:25 AM »

Send them an e-mail and make the suggestion  ??? ;)

Tc

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »

Always thought I had a secret twin :) :)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 01:51:51 PM »

1 thing for the programme is the scenery  ;)

Tc

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 01:55:57 PM »

Clkd I have a friend who lives up there. Her village is just like emmerdale,. I actually visited the set of emmerdale last time I was there. It's on a big estate.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 01:56:48 PM »

Yorkshire is too wide for me to feel comfortable, there's too much of it  ;D.  Prefer Derbyshire.  A) it's closer to home and b) more contained.   ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5