Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help, What's Going On  (Read 3386 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Help, What's Going On
« on: January 27, 2019, 07:49:24 PM »

Hi Ladies
I think this has come up before but I can't find anything by searching. I frequently have weak, wobbly, feeling hot, spells usually when I'm out walking but recently I know I'm going to have an attack as my vision starts going funny, nearly like blurry/fast eye movement. Sometimes they last for a few minutes, others for an hour - not good when you are out on a long walk!! Sorry a bit useless struggling to put into words how it feels, but can anyone tell me what these attacks are & what causes them? Thanks

jaypo

Re: Help, What's Going On
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 08:46:10 PM »

Me too sparkle,usually had something sweet and just sat for a few moments until it passed

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 08:57:14 PM »

Low blood sugar?  I carry Dextrose tablets as recommended by the Ramblers Association and my GP for instant relief, when we go walking long distances I ate a normal breakfast but we take fruit cake with us as well as bananas.  Slow release food to keep levels even.  It's awful the it hits  :-\

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »

Sparkle, CKLD yes it could be drop in blood sugar, the weird thing is it always happens on a Friday when hubby & I plan a walk & always within the first 30mins, I have a large bowl of porridge with blueberries for breakfast, so it's not like i'm going on an empty stomach, typical I usually forget to take a snack with me!
Sparkle I am post meno.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:14:11 PM »

That's it!   Years++ ago DH and I would have a full cooked Sunday breakfast prior to going on a cycle ride.   Now this was in Wales and we know what there is in Wales  :o.  Yep.  Narrow lanes and HILLS and within 20 mins. I would faint.  Due to my body trying to digest whilst trying to cycle up hill.  After the 3rd time we decided to have light toast and carry snacks.

Many years ago+ we found a lady sitting on a hillside in the Lakes.  Alone.  We approached and it turned out that her blood sugar had dropped so her partner [not much longer we felt  ;D] walked away.  We had cake and biscuits so we munched for a while until she began to get some feeing back into her legs.  We wandered down the hill, fortunately the view was lovely in bright  :sunny: to a Cafe where she bought a pot of tea for us.

She then found the partner and words were quietly said.  We never knew the end  ;D

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »

Oh yes I lived in Wales, very used to narrow lanes and hills, mind you we have those in Yorkshire it's just I live in the flat part, we have to drive to the hills.
Love that story, my DH gets very concerened, certainly would never dream of leaving my side :)
I go on long walks on my own on the moors especially when it's a  :sunny: morning and never suffer it's all very strange.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 07:25:51 PM »

Not after you have eaten though?  Do you have a mobile, in case and snacks B4 you require them?  I would never walk on the moors  :o Yorkshire is too 'wide' for me, I prefer the confines of Derbyshire where I can see both sides  ;D.  Any snow up there yet?

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 07:55:47 PM »

I used to live there too,little place called Itton,near Chepstow,got married in Usk😊

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 03:11:28 PM »

Jaypo ah yes I had a friend who lived in Itton, I used to live in Caldicot!
CKLD  ;D I'm very strict when I drive up to the moors or the Howardian Hills on my own, make sure I have everything and yet never need it as I'm always absolutely fine and there is always a lovely lunch to be had after!! I went for a 4 mile walk straight after breakfast this morning and no suffering! No snow at the moment, but we had some on Thursday last week.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »

Do you carry a fold up shovel and whistle? 

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 03:47:37 PM »

Oh my,small world YG ask your friend if she knows whitemill cottage,that was our house 😄 we also looked at a house in caldicot

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »

That will identify you  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 06:42:56 PM »

Haven't lived there for years clkd

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »

even so  :D .......... >hands over brown paper bag>  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 07:10:40 PM »

😆
Pages: [1] 2