Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help, What's Going On  (Read 3384 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help, What's Going On
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 07:13:16 PM »

I tend to rush off when we are out walking, have one speed only which is fast  ::) which means I burn off energy quickly.  We have to remember to stop so that I can top up ......... otherwise!

dangermouse

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 10:15:30 PM »

It could also be migraine (silent so no pain), particularly with the eye movements as well.

Hormones leaping about can cause this along with other neurological changes like twitches, weakness, mood changes and tachycardia.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 08:09:33 PM »

Jaypo I'm not in touch with them any more!
CKLD I only have one speed which is fast as well but have to slow down when with OH, and apparently I'm like a nimble goat when walking uphill ;D
Dangermouse I've never heard of a silent migraine!

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2019, 05:31:20 PM »

Yorkshire Girl  - this regularly happens to me if I take more than usual exercise even after breakfast. With me it usually only happens in the morning and for me it is reactive hypoglycaemia - which produces the same symptoms as true low blood sugar that diabetics get. I have had this all my life but became worse during peri-menopause and has stayed with me.  Sometimes it happens when I'm not even hungry - and yes it involves trembling ( visible shaking of the hands), copious sweating and an intense craving for sugar!

I know now to always have a good breakfast so you need an egg on top of your porridge (not literally  ::) ) and perhpas some fruit too eg a banana, some grapefruit. No need for dextrose but I always (usually!) carry a muesli bar with me so that if I'm caught unawares - I'm OK. Also an apple or clementine will do the trick - but it takes a few mins for the blood sugar to rise!

Hurdity x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, always put fruit on my porridge usually blueberries and sometimes banana. After eating my porridge I'm too full to eat anything else!! I have now stocked up on oat/granola/muesli bars. It would make sense about the "more exercise than usual after breakfast" but it always starts within 30mins of starting out!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 05:11:46 PM »

Body trying to replace energy that you have used!

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 05:30:59 PM »

A boiled egg is very small but it always works for me. We eat quite early the night before too so that might have something to do with it... Try it - just on Fridays (was it Fridays?)!! Yes that's right CLKD but it shouldn't happen so quickly especially after you've just eaten.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]