Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: New member JillM- help  (Read 21530 times)

Jillm

New member JillM- help
« on: January 06, 2019, 10:56:32 AM »

I am new here and need some help. I have not had a period for 2 years, noticed first peri symptoms approx 4 years ago. Normal stuff flushes/flashes, irritable etc. But this past year has been awful. Palpitations, strange head tightness, feeling I can't swallow, this is very intermittent, but scary. In the past 2 months I now have strange buzzing in lower legs, now in vagina. This weekend strange weak feeling in arms, internal shakes, tight muscles.
I have convinced myself I have some horrible decease, MS, Parkinson's etc. These started around the time I started vagifem. Doctor says this would not cause the buzzing strange feeling in legs. Has anyone else had this.
I am so desperate and think I am loosing it most of the time.
Spend must of my time on my own watching TV in my room. I think my family thinks I've moved out.
In reality the person I was has moved out, I want her back😡😢🤪 ps is it normal for things to rank up post menopause?

AgathaC

Re: New member JillM- help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:48:08 AM »

Welcome JillM. Sorry about your horrid symptoms. I'm not at your stage but sounds “normal” to me for this awful menopause lark. Someone will share similar soon, I'm sure xxx

Jillm

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »

:)thank you so much for your reply. I am currently lying here convinced I have MS and I am petrified😩I should stop feeling sorry for myself and get up and move, I know this, but I have no motivation😡

AgathaC

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:59:10 AM »

Have you looked at the website “34 menopause symptoms”?
Also, look at the thread on here...”things I have diagnosed myself with this year” xx

Jillm

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 12:12:15 PM »

Thank you again yes the 34 symptoms are very interesting, I think I have had nearly all of them at some point. I have an appointment on Thursday to discuss HRT. I have been reluctant to go down that rout as my mum had breast cancer. But I don't know how much longer I can cope feeling like this. Didn't sleep last night, feel like I am on the verge of a seizure or stroke. I need to get this health anxiety under control.
Doctor prescribed ani depressant for leg buzzing. Too scared to take it due to all side effects

Jillm

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 01:28:39 PM »

I am up, showered and my wonderful daughter made me a big bowl of oats with all good things in it. About to watch a film while doing a huge load of ironing. Going for the distraction route.
Back to work tomorrow and actually looking forward as it will take my mind off. Now I know I've lost the plot🤯

jgr

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 02:23:06 PM »

Hi Jillm, i can sympathise  with you as i have had all of your symptoms and more  :'( I had to resort to HRT a few months into the meno and i am still on it. I am post meno now, age 60 and will stay on it as long as i can. It settled a lot of my symptoms however i still get blips of them now and again. Its the health anxiety that gets me as, i should be use to these blips but i always get myself worked up about them thinking something has been missed by the Dr and i start to google (don't google). Every now and then i come on here and i am reassured by what i read. This site is a life saver and has given me back my sanity many a time. The ladies on here all help each other so use it to help you through this very trying time for us. xx

Jillm

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »

:o thank you so much for your very thoughtful reply. It does help to know others have the same symptoms, although I do not wish them on anyone.
Can I ask if you had swallowing problems. I don't have problems with food or liquid, just the feeling I can't swallow without forcing it. It scares the life out of me.
Also what HRT are you taking?
Thank you again for all your help❤️

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »

Hi JillM.  :welcomemm:
Sorry you're feeling so crap, we know what that feels like. Unfortunately.
Everything you've got sounds like the good old meno symptoms, and the leg thing sounds like
restless leg syndrome? I get that, feels like my leg muscles are still moving, or want to move even when resting. It's not nice, but maybe take some paracetamol? I've found that helps sometimes.
When I was in peri, all I had was hot flushes, then when I became post meno, it got worse, all the symptoms under the sun, strange feelings, palps, anxiety,( which was the worse,)headaches, you name it, just horrendous.
The only thing about the swallowing I can think of is, maybe you get a lot of saliva build up?
I get that, and have to keep swallowing all the time, in fact, someone else posted about it the other day, sometimes it wakes me up, it is a nuisance, but I haven't found anything to clear it yet, it just settles on it's own.
As for convincing yourself you've got some incurable disease, we nearly all do that, is not nice either,
but all I can advise for that is don't google, and try and keep busy, like you're doing, keep your mind off it, hard I know, but hopefully, you're be able to get sorted out soon at the docs.
Hang on in there, hope this helps..😉

Jd xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 04:39:24 PM »

:welcomemm:

How's your diet overall?

marge

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 04:46:58 PM »

Hi JillM

I agree with other posts; all sounds quite normal especially the buzzing legs. I had that for a couple of years on and off and was also offered ADs, but refused. It's all anxiety related and will pass. Keep busy and walk a lot - it helps.

Jillm

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »

Thanks Marge, all the great replies have helped calm me down a lot :- in reply to the last post diet could be better, I am really trying to improve things🍔 only joking. Increase in veg but struggle with fruit it just makes acid reflux worse (forgot to add that to my symptoms). Fish also a problem but now added Maca. Linseed and chia seed. Hope these all help.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 05:10:40 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also, at this time of Life hiatus hernia can be a common problem which causes reflux, heartburn etc..   Over the counter medications can ease symptoms. 

Eating little and often might be wise.  Slow release foods so that the gut doesn't make too much acid because the stomach is empty.  Ginger is a good settler.  Porride. Dried fruits and nuts.  Cut out alcohol  ;)

Gentle exercise.  I don't get on with fruit [unless it's in a pie with custard  ;D] but we eat lots of veg. usually roasted.  Lots of stir fried chicken breasts with ginger and garlic on beds of rice; chicken currie or mince with peppers, peas, beans mixed in. 

Do read our threads on Vaginal atrophy too!

Jillm

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »

Sounds very similar to my diet, I will from tomorrow be better at work, don't get a lunch time as I only work 6 hours, but Shouldn't stop me eating well, instead of waiting till I get home and grabbing rubbish. I am going to make overnight oats for tomorrow.
Excercise is ok swim and sauna on Thursday and Friday and I am going to walk the 2 miles home weather permitting. Alcohol is now not my best friend anyway(sadly) Although I do slip up from time to time🍷

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 05:34:14 PM »

Many find that alcohol 'turns' when hormones begin altering  ::)

Think about what you like eating and maybe prepare so that you have something in the fridge when you get home?  DH cooks foods that can B frozen then heated quickly. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7