Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: New member JillM- help  (Read 21534 times)

AgathaC

Re: New member JillM- help
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »

JillM - search for our friend Roseneath regarding the swallowing xx

jgr

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 05:47:53 PM »

Hi Jillm, not so much couldn't swallow but sometimes i'd feel it going all the way down like it was struggling to get there.  did get a lot of gastric problems, ie heartburn & indigestion, had to go on Omeprazole eventually as eating was not something i looked forward to with all the problems. Had to go on Lactose free milk and cut out cake, pastries etc. I can however eat most things now and back on normal milk again, i just think we have hiccups with this period in our life as the body changes and settles down again. Hope this helps. xx

Jillm

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 07:58:42 PM »

Thanks Jgr, very helpful, I too have reflux can't take omeprazol, but ranitidine twice a day works.
I lost my gall bladder 3 years ago and I can't tolerate dairy very well, but I do love coconut milk.
After such great responses today from all the great women on this forum, I am now feeling a lot calmer and think I will now go to bed and watch the Greatest Showman, can't beat a bit of Hugh Jackman👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 08:01:08 PM »

I can beat Hugh Jackman - if you give me a stick  ;)

I find that the simple Milk of Magnesia or Rennies eases my heartburn. I've had a lot since I got that cold/cough in October. 

Roseneath

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 08:14:21 PM »

Jillm. I have sent you a private message. I was exactly where you are not a couple of weeks ago. Including the swallowing! You are not alone in this. X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 08:41:32 PM »

Oh JillM
Enjoy The Greatest Showman, lose yourself in it, it's just great.
Loved every minute of it.......🤡🤡

:ola:

Roseneath

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 09:44:47 PM »

Did anyone NOT cry at the Million Dreams song  :'(  My son joined a choir and they sand this at Christmas, also ' Somewhere only we know' (John Lewis Ad / Lilly Allen) and ' Halleluja  - Lenard Cohen.  All tear jerkers. I couldn't look at him or I would have lost it completely. I even cry at the RSPCA Dogs Advert now!

Jillm

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 10:51:03 PM »

Roseneath, so new to this I don't Know how to send a personal message yet.
Thank you so much for your message, you don't Know just how much better it has made me feel.
Obviously I am not pleased anyone else is suffering these horrible feelings, but just to know it is hormones makes it a lot easier to accept. I really don't want HRT due to my family history, but I will go along on Thursday as see what GP has to say👍
Thanks again for taking the time to help me😃

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »

One has to post a certain number of times B4 one can reply to personal mails ;-)

Take a list with you Jillm ....... this isn't about your family history but about Quality of Life.  Take a list with you and ask questions at your appt..  Some GPs however are not au fait with HRT etc.!  Don't be fobbed off with 'you are too young' or 'you can take anti-depressant medications for that' ........ ask what is available and what would be suitable for your current symptoms.  Let us know!

Aby123

• First Flush
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 03:43:49 AM »

Hi Jillm
Im at the same stage as you, and have very similar symptoms.  The buzzy legs & vagina, also extends to my groin too, it also came on after stadting Vagifem, but my GP like yours says its not related.  For a period I also felt like I was trying to swallow a lump in my throat.  Funnily enough after a visit to the GP and receiving his reassurance, it weny away. 

This blinking health anxiety has a lot to answer for.  I read a document regarding HA and following this I decided to wean myself of “googling”.  It seems to be working, as now my first port of call is this site.  Its been such a comfort, and it helps to know others are in the same boat.

As you can also see I have insomnia......03.45am  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 10:54:44 AM »

Hi jillm & welcome to the mad house,you should look at the forum,funny side of menopause & check out what we have all diagnosed ourselves with,I think there's a fair number of us who have had ms
Glad the posts have made you feel better,it's good not feeling like you're alone

Jillm

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 07:15:07 PM »

Hello Aby123 &Jpo. Thank you both for your great info.
I have been feeling a lot better Monday & Tuesday, so much so that I was going to cancel GP appointment tomorrow.
Then today, back to horrible sensations, this morning slight numbness in face and tight scalp, mild sore head off and on all day and now slight numb face and tight scalp again.
Here I am back to square 1, anxiety through the roof. Oh buzzing legs again.
I have now got magnesium body butter which seems to help a bit.
I'll go tomorrrow and pore it all out again.😢🤯

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 07:25:03 PM »

It sounds like neuralgia,have you checked that? I too thought I'd ms a few years back,tended to think my face was more numb than it actually was I think but that's what it was in the end
Good luck tomorrow x

Jillm

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 08:23:52 PM »

I agree the worst thing I've done is google. Was discussing with my friend this afternoon and we both think it's a blessing and a curse to be as informed as we are.
I never discussed menopause with my mum, but now that I thiink back, there were times when she was struggling, but I was too young to understand.
I wish she was still here to talk too.
I won't make that mistake with my 16 year old, have been telling her how I feel. Hardly surprising she's not that interested just now and I don't blame her, but I'll keep at it, it may help some time down the line👍

jaypo

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 08:33:11 PM »

You're absolutely right jillm, I too don't keep anything from my daughter,like you I was clueless to all this,think you're going mad to start with,thank goodness for this site 😊
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7