Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sort of got to work  (Read 2055 times)

Nik2502

Sort of got to work
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:28:19 AM »

First day back at work after two weeks sick. Got up, dressed, drove to work, saw my manager, sobbed my heart out, got sent home!

My mood is just so unpredictable at the moment. I just can't function as a normal person. I feel like my life is on hold, sitting on the sofa crying, waiting for things to get better.

I've just had an extra half a patch added to my Evorel 75 so waiting to see if this brings any improvement.

All I want is to be me again! 

Robin

Re: Sort of got to work
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:39:32 AM »

You're not alone Nic. Take it easy and look after yourself. Post away if it will help there are lots of us here to listen.  :hug: Xx

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:45:27 AM »

Thanks Robin. It really does help knowing that I'm not alone - before I going found this site, I seriously thought I'd end up sectioned.
It's the unpredictability of it all I find hard to cope with. One minute I'm ok and the next I'm sobbing my heart out. I think I need to be kinder to myself and give myself a break rather than trying to ‘force' myself better xx

Robin

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 10:09:50 AM »

You did achieve something today you know Nic. You got up, dressed, got yourself to work and managed to tell your manager you were struggling. None of that is easy when you're feeling as you are right now. As you say give yourself a break, be kinder to yourself and don't rush things. When you start feeling a bit stronger take baby steps, don't rush things xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 12:30:49 PM »

I was going to say that too!  My mantra is "I'm out of bed, what more do 'they' want!"

Hopefully your Manager will follow up sending you home with a 'phone call. 

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »

Thanks ladies. I just find it so hard not knowing how I'm going to get up each day. Or how my mood will change from hour to hour.
I'm a rubbish patient xx

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 01:14:46 PM »

Are you on conti or sequi? If conti it may be that the progesterone causing the problem. I know what it's like, I hope you see some impovement soon.

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »

Sending lots of love Nik,think there are a few of us in the same boat,I'm sure we'll all get there sometime xx

Nik2502

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 02:20:22 PM »

Are you on conti or sequi? If conti it may be that the progesterone causing the problem. I know what it's like, I hope you see some impovement soon.
Hi. I've just upped to Evorel 112.5 plus 100mg utrogestan 12 days xmonthly.

SueLW

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »

On my worst days, full of pity and misery and anxiety and upset, I was much better if I were with other people doing things.  So going to work and actually working (not sitting in an office talking to someone who is asking you questions about how you feel, which will only ever deliver the full awfulness in force), getting stuck into something, talking to others about work and their lives etc. made me calm down and feel so much better.  Being alone was bad.  I work alone, so that was a double whammy for me, I had to go out and seek people in different units around me, the coffee shop or the book shop on site etc, or ring them, but when I made myself do it I felt much better. 

Maybe it's an act.  So what, who cares, if it helps to get the day through successfully.  I don't think sitting around at home, on Google and feeling sorry for ourselves, lamenting what we think we have lost, is ever good for us.  I have always been much worse at weekends when I have no schedule to stick to. When people ask "how are you?" just say "fine" and move straight into asking them the same so that the conversation can move on.  No one really asks that question expecting anything other than "fine" really anyway.

Have you had a blood test to see if your oestrogen levels are accurately mirroring the dose you are using?  Perhaps you are not absorbing from the patch properly.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 03:59:01 PM »

That's reminded me SueLW - when I was very depressed if I went into the village shop or walked the dog, when I met others my mood would lift.  Would that be an adrenaline boost, don't care really, I found it helped.  Sometimes it meant dragging myself along thinking 'right foot, left foot'  :'(

SueLW

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »

That's reminded me SueLW - when I was very depressed if I went into the village shop or walked the dog, when I met others my mood would lift.  Would that be an adrenaline boost, don't care really, I found it helped.  Sometimes it meant dragging myself along thinking 'right foot, left foot'  :'(

It's not adrenaline, but it's our innate need for social interaction.  Our brains react different when we are with others.  It's powerful therapy.  Especially if there is a feeling of belonging or contribution i.e. working together to achieve something at work or going to a crafting group etc.  Exercise classes are less effective in this situation because you don't interact with others really.  But exercise of course creates endorphins so is good in other ways. 

Sometimes I would sit there in misery and a visitor or a visit with someone was the last thing I wanted.  But it was the actual thing I really needed.  I'd feel better in moments when I started taking an interest in someone else.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 04:29:36 PM »

:thankyou:

AG

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 06:32:46 PM »

Hi

I do hope you are feeling better soon. The unpredictability of it all is the really tricky part I find as well. What has improved things for me is to do some exercise, even a brisk walk can be good (I am usually able to walk to and from work). I found that keeping working helps as well but some days can be a challenge. All the best Anna

NorthArm

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 07:29:32 PM »

Oh SueLW - that's me too. I absolutely DREAD the weekends, and would work seven days a week if I could! I really wish I had done nursing now (I'm a dental hygienist), shift work would probably work so much better for me these days.....
Pages: [1] 2