Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi Rash under Patch  (Read 1685 times)

Jeps

Evorel Sequi Rash under Patch
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:46:50 AM »

Hello

I've just taken my 4th ever patch off and there's a rash just where the patch has been.  It's not itchy or sore, but it's there.  There wasn't a rash with the other patches that I took off.  Today is my first day on the progesterone patch which I've put on the other leg.

I just wondered if I should tell my doctor or if it's a common side affect and not to worry about it.  As I said, it's only where the patch has been and it wasn't there with the first 3 patches.

Also, how on earth do we get rid of the sticky residue left behind when we remove the patches? 

Thanks in advance.

Jx

Taz2

Re: Evorel Sequi Rash under Patch
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:05:48 PM »

Hi Jeps - if you look on the patient information leaflet it says that 1 in 10 people can develop a rash and you should discuss this with your GP. Now and again I've had this happen and then the rash disappears again. Mine was incredibly itchy though. If it continues you can consider other types of HRT. It is an allergy to the adhesive used and not to the HRT itself.

As for the marks. Again I've always followed the suggestion on the leaflet which is to remove them with baby oil. I have also used a small amount of nail varnish remover. They do disappear in time but you can end up with your skin looking like a giraffes!  ;D

Taz x

Jeps

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 10:12:44 AM »

Thank you Taz, that's really helpful.  I missed the bit on the leaflet about baby oil so I'll give that a go. xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »

Well there's so much information in the leaflet it's easy to miss things!

Taz X  :)