Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Coming off Evorel Sequi Patches  (Read 4340 times)

Libbygrace

Coming off Evorel Sequi Patches
« on: September 28, 2018, 07:00:24 AM »

Morning Everyone

Need advice please

I'm 57 yrs been on the sequi patch for about 2 years,  saw GP due to high blood pressure symptoms and having heavy monthly bleeds It was decided  that I came off and to monitor my symptoms. Therefore I reduced the dosage of my patch over the last 3 months so not to put my body under a crisis, since doing this I have not had a monthly bleed. I'm feeling stable with the occasional hot flush, pmt symptoms and meno brain.
75 % of my patch is on a waterproof plaster and 25% on my skin this works well
I'm worried that if I'm not having a bleed will my womb lining build up?

Tried evorel conti and had a constant bleed maybe I needed to reduce the dose like above.

I have never gone over a year without a bleed, any suggestions please ?

:-* thank you

Hurdity

Re: Coming off Evorel Sequi Patches
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 07:19:35 PM »

Hi there

The most likely reason for your lack of bleeding on the half patch is that you are post-menopausal and your lining isn't building up sufficiently (on the half patches) to need to shed. I presume you are using half patches throughout the cycle ie half Evorel 50 for two weeks folllowed by half Evorel conti for two weeks? Strange to suddenly stop though if your last bleed before cutting down was a heavy one? Did your doc suggest a scan given that your bleed was heavy on this combo at age 57 eg to check for fibroids possibly and that the lining wasn't getting too thick? However if the latter you would have expected a bleed even on half a patch so a bit puzzling. However lack of bleed is not usually a problem whereas abnormal bleeding could be and needs investigation.

If you've been on sequential HRT then you won't go 12 months without a bleed since this HRT is designed to give a withdrawal bleed even if your are post-menopausal. You could always speak to your doc if you are concerned?

Hurdity x

meenaruss

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 05:49:43 PM »

Hi

I wonder if you got sorted with the evorel sequi?  I am also 57 and have been on the evorel sequi for 2 years (having not fully gone through the menopause).  My symptoms were aching joints, anxiety and lack of sleep due to hot flushes at night.  The patches have sorted my symptoms out completely and the only side effect is acid reflux which has only just started.  My GP informed me this week that he no longer wishes me to have HRT due to brexit (!) and the fact that it is now dangerous as I am over 55.  When I asked him what I would do about my symptoms he advised me that I could have betablockers and antidepressants and that the painful joints were part of old age!!!

Any advice?

Dancing Queen

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 07:28:03 PM »

Meenaurus..sounds like your gp is a twonk. You can have hrt after age 55..Can you go to another gp? x

NorthArm

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 08:13:47 AM »

Hi meenauruss

Please, see another gp/ get referred to a meno clinic. You can stay on hrt for life if you wish. Your gp is woefully misinformed, and what the heck has brexit to do with it???