Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause problems 😬  (Read 1406 times)

Crafty Kaz

Perimenopause problems 😬
« on: July 14, 2018, 03:56:44 PM »

Hi Everyone
I've been lurking on this site for a while & your information & experiences have helped me immensely, so a big thankyou for that 😘 I've been having minor perimenopause symptoms for about 4 years, the usual irregular & a couple of missed periods, dizziness, thinning hair, night sweats before & during periods & feeling like I'm drying up like an old prune! 😬 Then I hit 50 & felt fine during the first part of one cycle but almost over night I turned into a different person, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat & felt so anxious all the time my heart was racing 24/7 like adrenaline over load so off to the docs I went! To cut a long story short I had loads of tests which all came back normal so they decided it must be hormonal & I was put on Evorel Sequi. After about a week I felt so much better on the Evorel 50 patch but when it was time for the Conti part I felt grumpy unsociable & downright rotten so after 3 month trail my lovely doctor put me on Fem Seven sequi which I persevered with due to sticking problems but gave up after 2 months as didn't feel I was absorbing enough from them & didn't have a bleed on them either which my doctor said not to worry about. I'm now back on Evorel 50 & she has prescribed 200mg utrogestan days 15-26 orally, I'm a week into Evorel 50 alone & still feeling really tired bloated & pmt ish, with bloating & low mood ☹️ due to start utrogestan next weekend & really worried I'm going to feel even worse! I know it's hard trying to balance hormones during peri as our hormones are all over the place but can't understand why I felt so good on the Evorel 50 part of the sequi when I first started & now I'm not! Have any of you lovely ladies got any advise for a perimenopausal wreck?

Thanks in advance
Kaz xx

Hurdity

Re: Perimenopause problems 😬
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 04:35:19 PM »

Hi Crafty Kaz

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough. As you yourself realise when you are peri-menopausal your hormones are all over the place and as HRT does not suppress your cycle - your own hormones can kick in and override the effects of the HRT. Hopefully though the HRT makes you feel better than you did before for most of the time. Why not keep a diary and note down how you feel for a few cycles and including your bleeds and see if there is any pattern? Otherwise keep busy and active, keep fit, get out in the sunshine and try to enjoy life without thinking about menopause, if you can  ::)

If you haven;t already seen it - here is an article about peri-menopause: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

You will find lots of help and support on here as everyone is very friendly :)

Hurdity x

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »

Thankyou Hurdity
The attachment on perimenopause made sense as I'm sure I ovulated (I usually get slight ovulation pain) first 2 months on hrt & did feel better, but I feel the following few months I haven't ovulated so maybe less estrogen. Will definitely write a diary for the next few months on utrogestan trail before I go back to my doctor 👍 On the plus side overall I do feel better on hrt as my sleep as improved 100% & no more adrenaline rushes & nightsweats thank goodness 😀 Hopefully the next few months my estrogen levels will increase & I have little side effects from the utrogestan 😬 I'm am going to try it orally first as recommended by my doctor, so fingers crossed! Now I'm off to the garden to enjoy the sunshine ... long may it last 🌞

Thanks again for your advice
Much appreciated
Kaz xxx

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 09:22:04 AM »

Good Morning Hurdity
I think I spoke too soon about my sleep & nightsweats 😬 last night was dreadful! I'm hoping you or somebody else can offer me a bit of advice. As I said in earlier posts I haven't had a bleed for the last few months on sequi & cant help feeling if I did I would get rid of this awful pms type feeling ☹️ Do you think it would hurt to take the utrogesten a week early to try & encourage a bleed as I'm sure I wasn't absorbing the femseven sequi properly for a few months due to sticking problems or could the symptoms be due to my estrogen decreasing even more & maybe I need to up my patch? I'm totally fed up with it & just want at least a few normal weeks, I'm bloated clammy ( my hand & feet are sweating like crazy) tired & my skin is so greasy on my face my make up keeps rolling off 🤪 It really is like pmt on steroids & I can't speak to my doctor this week as she's on a well derserved holiday.

Any advice would be more than welcome
Kaz xx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 02:04:38 PM »

CraftyKaz - sorry to hear you are still getting symptoms. It is so difficult to say what is causing what at this point especially as women react differently to the hormonal situation and changes to it in their body. No harm in taking the utrogestan early if that's what you want to try - and see what happens - but be sure to note everything down until (maybe) a pattern emerges.  Bloating tends to happen on the progestogen part of HRT and cycle so it could be your own cycle kicking in? Hope the sweats and other symptoms ease soon.:)

Hurdity x

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 07:33:12 AM »

Good Morning Hurdity

I started my course of utrogestan last night orally & had a fairly good nights sleep, feel calm but a bit nauseous & heady this morning but hoping my body will get used to it soon & it will pass, if not I may try the vaginal route! I have started a my diary & hoping a pattern will emerge soon 😀 I will get this balance right! Still can't help feeling I'm going to feel tons better after a bleed, so bring it on lol!

Thanks again for your knowledge & support over the last few days, you really are very clued up on this menopause lark & hopefully I will be soon so I can offer advise & help others also at this tricky time! I've told my doctor I'm coming back as a man & she said you would probably have to deal with prostate problems then & that's another ball game altogether lol 😂 (a little giggle for a Tuesday morning)

Have a nice day
Kaz xx