Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Natural sleep aids  (Read 12265 times)

Mrs Bella

Natural sleep aids
« on: May 27, 2018, 03:44:13 AM »

Hi, can anyone suggest some natural sleep aids? For example, I think magnesium is one. Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:24:34 AM by Mrs Bella »

Daisydot

Re: Natural sleep aids
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 06:08:36 AM »

Morning Mrs B I use tetley redbush vanilla tea bags they have zero caffeine or tannin as they're not strictly a tea they're a herb.I now get at least 7 hours at night as previously it was scattered, asleep an hour awake an hour stuff so huge improvement for me on them.xx

Mrs Bella

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 06:23:38 AM »

Morning Mrs B I use tetley redbush vanilla tea bags they have zero caffeine or tannin as they're not strictly a tea they're a herb.I now get at least 7 hours at night as previously it was scattered, asleep an hour awake an hour stuff so huge improvement for me on them.xx
Morning Daisydot!
I will have a look in my local supermarket for it. Fingers crossed Tetley stock them in OZ.
Thank you for the suggestion. X
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:27:14 AM by Mrs Bella »

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 07:00:20 AM »

You can try any type of redbush tea,it's South African I think,I just prefer the vanilla flavour I have pampered taste buds 😂😂 xx

Katia

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 11:32:14 AM »

There's an app called insight timer that has a lot of sleep meditations and music. It's great

Mrs Bella

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 11:39:42 AM »

There's an app called insight timer that has a lot of sleep meditations and music. It's great
Thanks Katia! I use that App along with Smiling Mind. I find them really helpful. I can't take sleepers so am looking at other ways to help improve my sleep pattern. I find it hard to fall asleep, and I also wake frequently during the night. It is driving me mad.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:43:18 AM by Mrs Bella »

Mrs Bella

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »

You can try any type of redbush tea,it's South African I think,I just prefer the vanilla flavour I have pampered taste buds 😂😂 xx
Oh I might be able to source the redbush tea from my local health food shop if all else fails. Goodo!
I must say, I think I too would prefer a lovely vanilla flavour if given the option Daisydot! My taste buds are rather pampered too 😂😉 X
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:50:30 AM by Mrs Bella »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »

Deep bubble bath
Soft music by the bed
Do not fight 'I can't sleep tonight' - it becomes a vicious circle.  The night I stopped worrying that I wouldn't be able to cope due to poor sleep patterns was the night I went to sleep ........ if I have bad nights I read, do crosswords, make a cuppa. 
Not too hot or cold
Keep hydrated in the day as the kidneys will work harder if we with hold liquids

Katia

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »

CLKD A bath is a great idea. I have one every night. I sleep really well after a ginger bath. Just boil and simmer pieces of ginger in some water for about half an hour and add that to the bath. That helps me sleep.

I just look at the smiling minds app, I have tried tried that one. I have the other problem of wanting too much sleep

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »

Wanting or the body requiring?

Apparently we think we need more sleep than we require, the body apparently will catch up as necessary in that it will sleep deeper when sleep is needed.  My pattern is usually OK with the odd night of going to sleep but waking at mid-night thinking that I've been asleep for hours  ::). Then I'm awake  :-\.  OK unless my brain starts to whirr ........

Relaxation the muscles from the toes upwards can help too.  As can trying to keep the eyelids wide open ........

Mrs Bella

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 09:29:15 PM »

Wanting or the body requiring?

Apparently we think we need more sleep than we require, the body apparently will catch up as necessary in that it will sleep deeper when sleep is needed.  My pattern is usually OK with the odd night of going to sleep but waking at mid-night thinking that I've been asleep for hours  ::). Then I'm awake  :-\.  OK unless my brain starts to whirr ........

Relaxation the muscles from the toes upwards can help too.  As can trying to keep the eyelids wide open ........
CLKD I am dog tired all the time. I constantly have bags under my eyes. All because of crappy sleep.
I have never heard of trying to keep your eyelids wide open. I will give that a whirl.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:31:05 PM by Mrs Bella »

hereandthere

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 05:54:47 AM »

For those who are interested, as a South African living in SA, rooibos tea (we don't call it red bush, even if we're English), is great for the digestive system. It is traditionally drunk without milk but here it's a staple so often drunk milky too. It's often and I think best combined with lemon, honey and ginger. So a great tea when you have a cold too  :)

dulciana

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 06:27:46 AM »

Just to add to these posts, Mrs. Bella - I use a magnesium spray if I wake up in the middle of the night.  It definitely helps me get back to sleep and wake refreshed. 

Mrs Bella

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 07:43:38 AM »

Deep bubble bath
Soft music by the bed
Do not fight 'I can't sleep tonight' - it becomes a vicious circle.  The night I stopped worrying that I wouldn't be able to cope due to poor sleep patterns was the night I went to sleep ........ if I have bad nights I read, do crosswords, make a cuppa. 
Not too hot or cold
Keep hydrated in the day as the kidneys will work harder if we with hold liquids
Oh sorry CLKD, I have only just seen this. I was so tired this morning I missed it. Story of my life at the moment.
Thank you for the ideas/suggestions. I use to take baths before bed. I must start again as they do help me to relax. I think I might have one now as I need to turn in early. It's been a loooooong day.
Thank you CLKD! X

Mrs Bella

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 07:48:26 AM »

CLKD A bath is a great idea. I have one every night. I sleep really well after a ginger bath. Just boil and simmer pieces of ginger in some water for about half an hour and add that to the bath. That helps me sleep.

I just look at the smiling minds app, I have tried tried that one. I have the other problem of wanting too much sleep
Ooooooo...I haven't heard of ginger before. Thank you Katia for mentioning that.
I love Smiling Mind. My fave is “Starry Night”.
Katia can you please send some of your sleepiness my way? X
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6