Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Natural sleep aids  (Read 12264 times)

Tempest

Re: Natural sleep aids
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2018, 07:32:05 PM »

I'm really working on my sleep hygiene. No screens at all after 9pm, and I diffuse lavender and clary sage in the evenings. I have a cup of Clipper Snore & Peace tea before bedtime, and have blackout curtains in my bedroom and use the 'This Works' pillow sleep sprays.

Sometimes it works, other times not so much. For me, a stressful day before or after guarantees rubbish sleep and a 4am awakening (why is it ALWAYS 4am)?!?. xxxx

Mrs Bella

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2018, 11:36:39 PM »

I'm really working on my sleep hygiene. No screens at all after 9pm, and I diffuse lavender and clary sage in the evenings. I have a cup of Clipper Snore & Peace tea before bedtime, and have blackout curtains in my bedroom and use the 'This Works' pillow sleep sprays.

Sometimes it works, other times not so much. For me, a stressful day before or after guarantees rubbish sleep and a 4am awakening (why is it ALWAYS 4am)?!?. xxxx
Hi Tempest,
I too do similar things before I go to bed. However, I use my phone's alarm clock which sits by my bed at night. I think I am going to have to ditch the phone and buy an old fashioned/traditional clock as I constantly check to see what the time is during the night.
I have never heard of pillow sleep spray. Does it help?
Funny you should mention 4am...that's one of the times I always seem to wake. Someone told me it's due to the change in air pressure or temperature just before dawn breaks. Well it was something along those lines. Thank you for responding to me thread!

Daisydot

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2018, 12:13:49 AM »

It's to do with your cortisol levels Mrs B have a google it'll explain better than I can.xx

Mrs Bella

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2018, 11:16:24 AM »

It's to do with your cortisol levels Mrs B have a google it'll explain better than I can.xx
Thank you Daisydot!
I will have a read-up in the morning.
I am feeling so miserable. Lack of sleep and increasing weight are sending me into a spin. I feel like I am sleeping less, and that I have put on loads of weight since starting HRT. I don't understand what's going on?  :'(
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:18:04 AM by Mrs Bella »

Wilks

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »

Hi Mrs Bella
I can only offer my empathy and an e-hug. I'm fed up with my bigger waist but it's obviously a difficult thing to control as I keep noticing women of a certain age who are otherwise slim but with a bit of a “spare tyre”. If I wasn't into sports I'd be happier to “starve” myself. I did a 48km mountain bike event yesterday and had to eat a lot just to fuel the ride.
Cortisol is a hormone that peaks in the morning to wake us up for the day, but chronic stress/ anxiety can increase our cortisol levels above what is needed, which can cause weight gain. Humph.

Mrs Bella

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2018, 10:48:07 PM »

Hi Mrs Bella
I can only offer my empathy and an e-hug. I'm fed up with my bigger waist but it's obviously a difficult thing to control as I keep noticing women of a certain age who are otherwise slim but with a bit of a “spare tyre”. If I wasn't into sports I'd be happier to “starve” myself. I did a 48km mountain bike event yesterday and had to eat a lot just to fuel the ride.
Cortisol is a hormone that peaks in the morning to wake us up for the day, but chronic stress/ anxiety can increase our cortisol levels above what is needed, which can cause weight gain. Humph.
Thank you Wilks! I got your e-hug!
My we ladies get the raw end of the deal. I have menopause plus anxiety which equals crappie sleep and weight gain. I want a Leave Pass please ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]