Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Racing heart  (Read 7720 times)

Luigi

Re: Racing heart
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 08:03:20 PM »

Annie
They truly are awful, it just stops me in my tracks😢

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »

I'm about 3 years post meno and still I'm getting some and I do agree they're horrible

Luigi

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »

Trey
Thank you so much for your response , I feel truly dreadful this evening, just wish I had some answers, I've been waiting which seems like forever to be seen.
I'm a fit 44 year old and walk miles with my dog most days, recently walked Snowdon and had no episodes doing that!!
My gp mentioned something about pill in pocket but wants me to see an electrophysiologist first after looking at my ecg's , I don't think anxiety is helping tonight either😧

Luigi

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »

Thank you Trey, so nice to come on this forum for advice and reassurance, my hr at the moment is 110, the highest it has been is 158 and that was when I was in hospital!
I often think if the doctors were concerned I would have been seen by now do t you think?
I think anxiety definitely contributes to it and often makes it worse, I have come on here rather than go to Dr Google 😩

susiefreer

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »

Gosh this is an interesting thread. I am new this week on this site as my symptoms were becoming unbearable and i cant believe how many of us have the same things. I really feel as if i am going to die when the panicky thing starts but my symptoms are slightly different to others in that if i were to put a bp monitor on my reading and my pulse are both low even though i feel as if my heart is going to pop out. I have been to the docs today and she has started me on  something called fluoxetine and sending me for an ultrasound scan. Ive had all the 24hr mons, bp and ecg and all ok so for me its just trying to accept that it is menopause and nothing else. But it sure is hard  :'(

Luigi

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »

Well ladies
I have just come home from a night in A&E being monitored very closely, I know have answers and I have Afib!
Beta blocker pill was like a magic pill.... within half an hour my heart rate had come down to normal, will be having more investigations but a lot is to do with my thyroid messing with the hearts electrics🙄
Feel absolutely fine today apart from exhaustion as didn't sleep a wink!
So glad I went to A&E third time lucky and had my answers!
Thank you for all your replys it really did help, what a wonderful forum this is
L x

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »

Glad you got answers and was taken seriously

I feel very envious that you can take BBs, I was gutted when I found out I'll never be allowed them

Luigi

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 01:42:26 PM »

Consultant was amazing and settled me straight away!
I feel more like my old self today even if I am exhausted as I have been so worried and down about it all.
Thank you all for your wonderful advice , I hope now I can stop being a nuisance to everyone!
L x

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »

Hi Trey

Drs were reluctant anyway to give me BBs for my arrythmia because of asthma but when the palps revved up a gear I said on here that I'd like to try them, a member pointed out I'd never be allowed them as I carry epipens for anaphylaxis.  I read up about it and it's correct, they cancel out the effects of the adrenaline in the pens

Annie0710

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 05:18:15 PM »

Oh that's interesting.  I have allergy induced asthma and need my pump at any given time now.  At first it was just when I was home (pet allergy) but for a few years now there's no pattern to my attacks. 

Re: anaphylaxis, I'm actually very good with my triggers and these days don't need A&E much at all, just silly reactions that antihistamines deal with.  But wherever I go medically they home in on my allergy, and stress how important it is that I carry the pens everywhere, I wonder too because I'm still developing new allergies, antibiotic was one so far this year.  I never asked the dr but reading up about it seemed it'd be a flat no.  Although I have to add since changing my hrt the palpitations have reduced to almost nothing but I also know they can start again anytime like they have before

Wrensong

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 05:45:53 PM »

Luigi, I'm so glad to know you have a proper diagnosis at last.  Well done for going back to A&E - plucking up the courage to do that can be stressful enough in itself if you felt a nuisance, as you say you have.  You did the sensible thing & that's what A&E is there for.  I'm sure you were never a nuisance to anyone & you were certainly not on the forum, if that's what you meant.   I'm so glad the beta blockers did the trick & once they get your thyroid properly sorted you should be so much better.  You must be wiped out after such a night, so I will shut up now.  Take care & let us know how you get on.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:49:09 PM by Wrensong »

Katia

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:30 PM »

I got them since starting HRT. They panicked me. I stopped HRT for a week for blood tests and they disappeared. Started it again and they came back. I  just stopped the estrogel and they have disappeared. I'm still taking the Utrogestan. For me the estrogel caused them.

Luigi

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

Wrensong
Thank you so much for your kind words, it did take a lot of courage to go to A&E again, the worst thing about it all for me was my children seeing me unwell. They are 20 and 15 and are amazing but felt guilty for being the unwell rubbish mum😢. Still tired but feeling more like my old self!!!
L x
Pages: 1 [2]