Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cant sleep is it estriol 1mg  (Read 1458 times)

elainewin

Cant sleep is it estriol 1mg
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:09:19 PM »

Hello does anyone know if estriol lmg effects your sleep been on it 3 nights and laid in bed 6hrs and cant nod off had to keep taking a zopiclone ,which I dont want to do , is there a better time to take estriol other than bedtime ,or is it me just being me again .

Ewin x

Cazikins

Re: Cant sleep is it estriol 1mg
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »

Sorry I can't answer your question but is there anything on the info leaflet about it - maybe it could be a side affect??
Hopefully someone with more info will be along later.

Cazikins x

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »

Is estriole 1mg a cream or tablet or patch?

elainewin

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 04:34:10 PM »

Hi LJP   sorry yes its cream ,to be used at bedtime ,just wondered if the estriole surge is keeping me awake and would it be better earlier in the evening ?..no there isnt anything on the leaflet and I have also googled.but cant find much about times or side effects .
It could just be me ,but just wondered if anyone had experienced same thing .

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »

Hi Elaine, is it estriole 0.01% vaginal cream? If so it is very mild, it's the weakest estriole preparation and although nothing's impossible, i would imagine it's unlikely that would be enough of a surge to prevent you sleeping.
I presume if it's the vaginal cream that you are currently on a loading dose for two weeks? If you can stick it it out to get the benefits, then when you reduce to two/three times a week it will be interesting to see if sleep resumes.
Not easy to keep a vagina full of cream unless lying down, so can't really suggest earlier application.

elainewin

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »

Thanks LJP  yeah of course makes sense to take it at night for obvious reasons , only just had a hysteroscopy last friday under general so prob just my body trying to get back to normal ...
I was prescribed ovestin cream 1mg for 1 mth but with the option of staying on it .
Thanks again for the replies.
                                                 Ewin x

Ljp

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »

Ah ok ovestin is 10 times stronger than the generic estriole cream, but it is still considered a mild treatment, and being a local application it is unlikely it would have a effect on your sleeping I would think.
I take Kalms takers at night if I'm struggling to sleep, I find they relax me just enough, hope it settles for you x