Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Too old for forum?  (Read 10760 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Too old for forum?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »

My gynaecologist has told me I can take hrt 'forever'.

CaroleM

HRT post menopause
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 11:02:29 PM »

Thanks Ju U,

Is your gynaecologist NHS or did you have to go privately?

On Monday I have an appointment with my new GP, it's only the 2nd time I will have seen her. The brilliant receptionist told me that it would help my case for going back to HRT, even aged 63, if I turn up with some current research on the subject. She said that she didn't know how receptive my GP is to putting anyone back on HRT. The GP is quite young.

Any guidance in locating research papers would be 1,000,000% gratefully received ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 11:08:19 PM »

Go in with the words "I've come to discuss the merits of HRT and have found MM Forum where I have had advice from ladies .......... I have X, Y, Z symptoms which I am no longer prepared to put up with and understand these could be eased by HRT ........  I don't want to continue feeling older than my age!"

Let us know how you get on.

CaroleM

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 11:49:23 PM »

Thanks, I will. 

Mbrown001

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 06:30:40 AM »

If you look in the forum guide section there is a topic started by Dr Currie detailing the NICE guidelines.

The information you need will be there and you can print it off.

Sorry I'm rubbish at links.

Hope this helps.

Mrs Brown

Ju Ju

Re: HRT post menopause
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 07:06:41 AM »

Thanks Ju U,

Is your gynaecologist NHS or did you have to go privately?

On Monday I have an appointment with my new GP, it's only the 2nd time I will have seen her. The brilliant receptionist told me that it would help my case for going back to HRT, even aged 63, if I turn up with some current research on the subject. She said that she didn't know how receptive my GP is to putting anyone back on HRT. The GP is quite young.

Any guidance in locating research papers would be 1,000,000% gratefully received ;D

I see a gynaecologist privately, but my GP recommended her. My gynaecologist writes to my GP with her recommendations and I get my HRT prescriptions on the NHS.

Jenna

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 07:14:04 AM »

If you look in the forum guide section there is a topic started by Dr Currie detailing the NICE guidelines.

The information you need will be there and you can print it off.

Sorry I'm rubbish at links.

Hope this helps.

Mrs Brown

Here is the information from the Homepage  :)

The Guideline is available at https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/NG23
The Information for Patients version is available at http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/informationforpublic

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 07:35:19 PM »

Hi again - I didn't realise info had been posted here so I posted on your other thread which had had no replies!

Hurdity x

CaroleM

HRT and my GP appointment
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 11:39:01 PM »

Thank you, one and all.

I will let you know what happened on Monday afternoon. I'm going in armed with CLKD's list and everything I pull off the links. The Doc could have extra fun with this one, because my physical pain, lack of mobility and sometimes sheer bloody mindedness comes courtesy of a road accident in 1976. My opinions of drunken drivers are definitely not fit for civilized company. Suffice to say, 4 of us were in a car, idiot came around corner on wrong side of the road. I was the only survivor in our vehicle. Two things I can promise you, engine blocks are f...... heavy sat on your lap and staying conscious until being cutout and being loaded into the meatbox was the only way I knew to survive. Idiot wondered why his car had stopped....... So some things that some of us can safely put down to HRT, for me have been a fact of life for 41 years. Actually, what really got to me most was losing my dream posting to Hong Kong for 3 years. To add insult to multiple injuries, my boxes had already gone and I was to follow shortly after.  Let's just say, my history has left me being one tough cookie, but there are somethings the cookie dough hasn't baked yet. :)

Oh, PollyMarie says good night to anyone reading her thread on Pets. She's a very clever hen, it appears she can type with her beak :ange:

babyjane

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 09:03:23 AM »

CaroleM, reading between the lines I can feel how much this matters to you.  My mother was in a very similar situation to yourself when she was 20.  4 in a car after a friend's 21st birthday party, swerved to avoid something in the road and hit a lamppost.  Mother was the only one to survive, with a broken back and broken neck. She was not paralysed but ended up with a bone graft in her back, they used one of her floating ribs for the graft.  She has back and neck issues all her life but lived with it and kept mobility until she was almost 82.

She was also a tough little lady.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2017, 01:11:05 PM »

:'(. tnx both for sharing .........

dulciana

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2017, 07:06:41 PM »

You're never too old to feel good  :) 

I think I'll make that my mantra, Katia!

CaroleM

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2017, 12:24:58 PM »

Babyjane, it sounds as though your Mum was a very brave lady.  My sincere respects to her and you.

I was 21.  Andy, the driver was 23 and there were 2 17 year olds in the back.  Andy was impaled on the steering wheel and the youngsters were both 17, broken necks = instantaneous death.  Thank goodness, the knew no pain.  Andy took 20 minutes to die and there was nothing I could do to help him. Survivor guilt is well documented now, but back then it didn't exist officially.  It either makes you tough or swamps you.  I experienced both, not pleasant.

One silly story about being in hospital and bored silly.  I was in my chair, practising my reverse bathroom door opening techniques.  Half way up ward, turn 180 so back facing bathroom door.  Select your best reverse gear and charge, with luck the door flew open, missing saw another chunk of plaster out of the corner of the doorway door!  To alleviate my boredom I got sent down to the Red Cross room.  There a RM decided to take a bet with me.  He said I couldn't play a full game of snooker in my chair, he stood to loose £50.00.  A lot of money in 1976!  He lost and his mates made him pay up.  The cream cakes were on me that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Moral of the story, don't take on a 21 year old WRAF unless you are ready to loose your money.  I was in the Royal Naval Hospital here in Plymouth.  I'd been transferred there from Middlesex due to my Dad's very poor health.  Enjoyed the hydrotherapy, hated the gym and questioned by Chief Petty Officer physiotherapist's parentage many times ;D  However, on discharge home, I was one fit girl.

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2017, 01:13:07 PM »

Babyjane, it sounds as though your Mum was a very brave lady.  My sincere respects to her and you.

:thankyou:

nearly50

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2017, 02:42:37 PM »

That's horrendous Carole. I was in a bus crash in my 20s, trapped in the bus with two people who died. One died at my feet and it was horrendous enough without actually knowing him so my heart really does go out to you. I was very lucky, only had what they call cuts and bruises, but it leaves a lasting impact and it definitely isn't something you forget.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4