Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Head bump  (Read 8008 times)

Yammy1

Head bump
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »

Hi all not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes. Dad passed away 3 months ago and between grief and nemopause I don't know weather I'm coming or going, I had a fall a week ago and bumped back of my head. I didn't pass out or vomit and apart from a bump I seem OK, but my anxiety is through the roof. I'm terrified to go out even to the shops in case I pass out,I know my hormones are not helping the situation but I really am finding it hard to function

Woodlands

Re: Head bump
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 09:50:19 AM »

Hi there.
Bless you. I took had grief in this meno journey loaing my eldest son at 23.
Mindfullness and taking only one day at a time was my saviour.
Sending hugs
Woodlands xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »

Thank you woodlands,and I am so sorry for your loss.  :'(, I was very clos to my Dad and I think his loss is only hitting me now, My logical  head is telling me that if there was Any damage from fall I would know by now, but due to meno my logical head isn't around much these days  :P. One day at a time x
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:20:04 PM by Yammy1 »

Megamind

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »

Try not to worry. I have a few friends who fell and banged the back of their head. One cut it open and went to hospital and had to have the cut glued. Dr's told her just to watch out for signs of concussion and to take it easy for a few days. She was fine apart from a headache. Another friend fell and banged her head but no bump. It's actually worse if you don't have a bump. She was seen by Dr's and they said she was OK but again, she had a headache for about a fortnight.

My daughter fell and banged her head when she was young and there was no bump plus she fainted. We took her to the Dr and they just did tests on her checking her balance etc and she was given the all clear.

I'm sure if you didn't pass out, didn't vomit etc then you are fine to go about your normal routine but I can understand your anxiety making you panic but rest assured you don't have a concussion or anything untoward.

Yammy1

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »

Thank you megamind, I think sometimes we just need reassurance. I just went to local shops(only 10 minute trip) but the main thing is I did it X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »

Do the head injury check list: vomiting?  dizzyness?  wanting to sleep?  not being able to be woken?  double vision?

How do you feel having been out in the fresh air?  I fell about 10 years ago - not so much as a bump but oh the bruising which continued to 'come out' for 2 weeks after  ::)

Megamind

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 03:35:46 PM »

Well done Yammy. I know it's easier said than done but try to fight your anxiety, don't let it win. You did well there walking to the shop. Little steps x

Yammy1

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »

I really don't know what I would do without this site, the support and advice is so comforting. No one judges you, just being able to talk is half the battle. Once again thank you all so much, today was a good day, who knows what tomorrow will bring, but as the song goes 'one day at a time'.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »

You'll be fine!  Little steps .......... what do you take for anxiety?

Yammy1

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »

I'm not on any ads, but I have a couple of zanax and take half one when I get really bad. Had hysterectomy 4.5 years ago and my pelvic floor and bowel were damaged at the time, I'm going into hospital next month for repair so that also has me anxious, I really have a fear of hospitals. I'm going in on wed for pre op tests so I am going to tell them how anxious I am and hopefully they will be understanding x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 07:05:26 PM »

Take a list of your worries.  Ask the questions that you need answers to.  Do check that you aren't having one of those 'mesh' operations until they have been improved.  When I had worries I spoke for along while with the Anaesthetist who is in control of pain relief etc. during surgery.

let us know how you get on.

Yammy1

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 07:06:16 PM »

Will do, thanks again

Yammy1

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »

Hi all pre op went well, got to talk to anesthetist and told her how nervous I am, she put me at ease and said as soon as I arrive for op on 24th she will give me something to relax me. My only concern is that the bump I got when I fell almost 3 weeks ago has gone down a lot(but not completely) is still very tender to touch and sometimes stings, probably worrying about nothing as usual  :'(

Yammy1

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »

Thank you megamind, I know I'm being silly but you know yourself how your ur mind can make you think all sorts, when will this meno end :'(. My hormones are all over the place

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 10:12:10 PM »

Show the anaesthetis (sp) the bump when you book in next time .
Pages: [1] 2 3