Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Hair Thread  (Read 6499 times)

babyjane

The Hair Thread
« on: April 21, 2017, 06:31:17 PM »

Hair is a topic we ladies love to discuss

Hairdressers, haircuts, long hair, short hair, curly, straight, brunette, blonde, grey, pink, purple

All things hair

Elizabethrose

Re: The Hair Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:33:08 PM »

Oh dear babyjane you were pipped to the post. Great minds think alike!
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35612.0.html

Mbrown001

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:38:57 PM »

Well it's on my head, mostly  ;D

It used to be short until my daughter convinced me that women of a certain age did not always have to have short hair. So I grew it into a chin length bob.
I colour my hair myself as I started to go grey in my 40s and I'm not ready to be that colour quite yet.

I do straighten my hair every day to get it into the shape that I like. I did read on the other thread that someone thought straightening made things flat. With a good straightener it does the opposite after a bit of practice. You can really get volume if you use them correctly.

I've found a great conditioner that actually doesn't make my hair limp. It's the L'oreal in shower mousse. I've never had such shiny hair.
I also use a heat protecting spray ever morning before I blow dry my hair.

I think a good cut can take years off you so it's the one thing I'm prepared to spend a little time on , oh and make up too  ::)

Mrs Brown

Evelyn63

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 06:46:32 PM »

Used to have quite thick hair but its definitely thinning now.  Have it cut and coloured every eight weeks, have been going to same hairdresser for about 15 years !!!  Sometimes think I need to " divorce him" but worried if I go somewhere else and its not much better , do I go crawling back  :o
My hair is a short layered bob, easy enough to manage but difficult to get volume into it.  Watched a youtube video by Dominique Sachse on how to style, very good and she makes it look easy !

Do any of you use mousse to style?  I have tried lots of styling products but find good old mousse the best of all.  I was considering a styling brush but heard they were difficult to use, anyone any thoughts?

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 06:55:31 PM »

babyliss big hair is brilliant- I'm on my third one now. You can get small one for shorter styles. BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD! Also Percy and reed volume products from m&s , especially their miracle cream or balm or whatever's it's called. I've tried so much stuff but it's really fantastic.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:58:20 PM »

Evelyn - dead easy to use once you get the hang of it. YOu won't believe the difference it makes. Looks like you've just stepped out of a salon.
Alas in my case, I usually looked as if I've stepped out of a saloon

dulciana

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »

For ages, I have used styling gel and a styling brush.  My hair is certainly not what you would call thick.  Years ago, some hapless hairdresser said to me, "Gosh (or something!) - your hair's got absolutely no body at all!"  As you can guess I was walking on air for the rest of the day!  >:(   and since then, I've held my hair in very low regard.  But every time I go to my current hairdresser, he sings my hair's praises - in fact, last time he said he'd give it 9 out of 10.  So it can't be that bad!  :)    I'm thinking it must have improved with age!    ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:03:02 PM by dulciana »

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:59 PM »

Well I have hair! That's a good start! It's thick and still blonde, though darker than it used to be. No grey hairs yet, on my head anyway, despite being 60+. But it has a mind of its own and I haven't the will or energy to persuade it otherwise. My headdresser comforts me that the wayward look is fashionable! I'm growing it as when longer, it requires less work. I'm envious of my daughter who has the most glorious hair, a beautiful shade of red and curly.

dulciana

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »

Alas in my case, I usually looked as if I've stepped out of a saloon

;D

dulciana

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 07:04:08 PM »

No grey hairs yet, on my head anyway, despite being 60+.

Lucky you, Ju Ju!   :)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 07:06:46 PM »

beach babe Ju Ju x

AstroCat

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 07:06:51 PM »

The biggest problem I have with my hair is wearing a motorcycle helmet every day going to work. I've never been one for short hair (last time I did that was when I was 13...a school photo from that period was all it ever took to convince me never to go down that route again!).
In spite of all those glamorous shots of stunning women getting of motorcycles, taking their helmets off to reveal with a shake of the head, a mass of glossy tresses, I've never quite managed to replicate that.
My hair is usually around shoulder length.  It's always been quite fine but, as a hairdresser once told me, I had a lot of it. I fear it is thinning out a little over recent years so I find shoulder length and layers work best for me. I keep a hairdryer and straighteners at work so I can try and make it look half decent after the helmet has come off.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:53:27 PM by AstroCat »

Elizabethrose

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »

:drunk:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »

yes. Wild West bar methinks. post the whisky shots but before the can can and shoot out.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »

You've got to laugh girls. X
Pages: [1] 2 3