Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hormone hell  (Read 3615 times)

jorainbow

Hormone hell
« on: April 03, 2017, 04:25:29 AM »

I know it's been said before but its 5am and I'm up feeling like hell so even if I just rant it might make me feel better. After an awful few months with relationship crap, a car accident and work stress I'd started to feel more positive. The awful spaced out feeling lifted for a couple of weeks, my appetite and sleeping were on the mend and then moody hormones rear their oh so very ugly head. Anxiety out of control, panic attacks and uncontrollable crying. Plus boobs that actually make me cry when I take my bra off. I went for a walk the other day and literally felt like an old woman my hips were so painful. I'm praying for my period and then it'll lift. I hope.. I'm sorry I know I'm ranting but its just damn awful. No HRT allowed though as im.still regular and no flushes. My son who lives in OZ has also just told me he isn't coming back for a visit in June now which was something I was looking forward to. (Oh there go the tears again) I can hear my dog snoring though that's making me smile a bit 😊 I absolutely hate my hormones!

Salad

Re: Hormone hell
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:02:25 AM »

:foryou:

samweller161

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »

Have a hug to add to the flowers  :)

It's pants isn't it - I would certainly stress that you have some other symptoms going on as not everybody gets the flushes anyway.  I had regular periods but they were getting quite heavy - and the GP said I could try HRT if I wanted - which I did and it helped a lot with the night sweats.  Have another chat as its silly for them to say you are not "allowed" HRT.

Good luck!
SP x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »

Oh poor you, it really is crappy isn't it?

Your GP is in the wrong. I was still having regular, normal periods but my GP was happy to prescribe me HRT (and I wasn't having any hot flushes at all).

Can you see a different (more clued up) GP?

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »

Thanks All!!  Stellajane I don't get flushes which is why they won't prescribe just want to shove AD's my way. Will try another gp I think. Had CBT this morning for anxiety and going to get on with some meditation etc too xxx

Jollidays

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:31:24 AM »

Sending you a hug too that rollercoaster we are on is dreadful. I too feel better when my period comes.: like a pressure cooker released 🙁. The downside was tgr3 week bleed that went with it.  Yesterday I felt low and on edge .... today it all feels easier.. I hope your day gets better.  I read some about AD'S v hrt so I will try to put the link on for in the next post. Xx

Jollidays

jorainbow

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »

Thank you I'll print that off and read 😊😊 with you now stellajane!!!! Feel less like bursting into tears but that buzzy anxiety is just hovering 😡😡

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »

I never have the flushes.  I am normally cold, but do get very hot ( if I run around  ;)  ) I have also had night sweats for many years, which is useful.  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »

You vent, there's usually someone to listen  ;)

Now: your GP is trying to save money!  Have a word with your Practice Nurse and discuss that although you don't have flushes yet, you are definitely hormonal.  I have never had flushes but I do have vaginal atrophy which requires localised HRT.  No woman is 'the same' during The Change  :( ..........

Some medications have been found to ease symptoms that they weren't designed for, which is how some ladies find certain anti-depressants help with flushes even if they aren't depressed.  It can be Trial and Error!

Let us know how you get on! and give your GP a  :kick: from me!

jorainbow

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 01:49:45 AM »

CKLD you never fail to make me smile thank you!  After having a panic attack just before bed no surprise I'm awake now. Tired out but wired  🙁 Still no sign of period either. Plus 1st CBT session todsy. Plus couples counselling. Plus eldest told me yesterday he isn't coming home from OZ in June for a visit after all. Too much for my hormonal head I think  :(

ancient runner

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 08:17:13 AM »

It may be time for your first hot flush Jo  ;)

jorainbow

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 09:49:38 AM »

You know I'm sure I had one last night ........... ;D ;D

jorainbow

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 02:12:25 PM »

Appointment made for private meno clinic! GP  still thinks AD's are the answer and didn't seem too impressed saying I'd be interested to see what they say. Well yes so would I xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »

Oh well done you!  Hopefully if the Clinic suggests treatment, your GP will be able to prescribe it.  Is there any way of changing the Surgery?

Sorry about your son cancelling his visit.  Is it due to finances, if so could you ...........  :-X
Pages: [1] 2