Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Missed period  (Read 14826 times)

Claireylou

Missed period
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »

Good morning ladies, could someone help me please?

It's 40 days since my last period. They usually come around the 24/26 day point. I had similar in December when I had a gap of 37 days. The last few have been painless but quite heavy.

I'm just a bit freaked out that something that has been a normal monthly occurrence since I was 10 years old is suddenly starting to go a bit wrong. I don't have any of the usual signs of breast tenderness, pmt etc.

Is this normal for peri?

Thanks for reading xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Missed period
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 12:50:18 PM »

Sounds within normal limits from where I'm sitting.  My bleeds got further and further apart then disappeared for 8 months but then returned intermittently B4 stopping completely.  Fortunately the periods were light with no pain.  Even now 15+ years without I get occasionally gripes which make me think 'oh no, not after all these years' but nowt happens  ::)

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful.

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 12:52:47 PM »

Hi CLKD, thank you for replying.

I've been keeping a diary as you suggested to me several years back. I can see a difference these last few periods. No pmt etc. I just feel kind of flat.

I just wondered whether this meant that I'm further down the perimeno line xxx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »

Probably are.  I was in the middle of stress so didn't really take much notice, simply decided it was "The Change" ........ and was relieved when the periods became less and less.  It took 2-3 years I suppose B4 I realised it was over.  It was 5 years B4 I stopped carrying protection though  ;D.

How do you feel otherwise?

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »

I feel ok, a bit tired but that's quite normal these days. I've started carrying emergency pants and protection in my handbag when I go out. I'm just frightened in case it starts when I'm out, I'd be mortified. My dear mum was 46 when hers just stopped dead. I'm 46 in May so maybe I'm going to follow her pattern xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 01:06:59 PM »

Hi Sparkle and thank you for replying.

I feel there has been a definite "shift" inside if that makes sense xxx

nearly50

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »

When you get to 60 days between periods that 'normally' means that you're in late perimenopause. Not that there is a normal as everyone's experience is so different. I've seen research which states that you 'usually' get a 90 day gap within 6 months to a year of a 60 day gap, and that your final period 'normally' comes 1.5 - 2.5 years after your first 60 day gap.

If you google 'stages of reproductive aging' it'll tell you more, but your experience sounds normal to me.

Claireylou

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:54:02 PM »

Hi Nearly50. Thank you for replying.

I shall have a little look at the information you've suggested.

It's all such a worry xxx  >:(

Machair

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »

Claireylou don't worry you are normal I am sure, you are just going though the next stage. You might revert back to monthly cycles again or progress to having them less often.xx

Claireylou

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »

Hi Machair, thank you for replying.

I guess it's the uncertainty of it all that's really unsettling. I really don't feel as if I'm going to start one any time soon.

Nice to know it could be normal xxx  :)

Claireylou

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 05:14:14 PM »

Sparkle I think I'm going to have to toughen up a bit otherwise I'm in for a bumpy ride  ;D

It's as if someone has flicked a switch and turned all of the pmt symptoms off.

Should I start looking at HRT do you think? Or wait a bit longer? Oh gosh I don't know what to do xxx  :(

nearly50

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 05:20:01 PM »

Sparkle I think I'm going to have to toughen up a bit otherwise I'm in for a bumpy ride  ;D

It's as if someone has flicked a switch and turned all of the pmt symptoms off.

Should I start looking at HRT do you think? Or wait a bit longer? Oh gosh I don't know what to do xxx  :(

Everyone feels freaked out at one stage or another, and it is disconcerting not knowing what's going on. Not everyone has a bumpy ride though, you might be very lucky and just sail through it all. I wanted to try to research as much as possible to try to make sense of it, other are happy just to know that anything is normal at this stage.

What age are you Claireylou? What symptoms do you have that you'd like to try HRT to help with?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 05:20:43 PM »

Keep a mood/food/symptom diary to see whether there's a pattern?  Ladies that go into menopause early should consider HRT to protect bones and heart, as well as exercising regularly and eating well.

The thing to look out for is vaginal atrophy - do have a read of the various threads here, I was totally unprepared for that one!

Claireylou

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »

Thanks CLKD, I do keep a diary.

Nearly50, I'm almost 46. I would only start HRT to protect my bones because there is brittle bone disease amongst the females in our family. Also my heart would need protecting I'd have thought.

The anxiety has been my worst peri symptom by a country mile. I have also suffered with acid reflux but with lots of good advice from Sparkle I have got that under control.

I also have a bit of dryness/soreness down below and have had a couple of cystitis attacks. Been to my GP about this but he says I'm far too young for atrophy etc. After reading Dancing Girls thread I can manage this with multi gyn gel and some sylk moisturiser for when hubby and I "indulge".
Thanks again for replying xxx
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:46:10 PM by Claireylou »

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »

:bang: :bang: :bang:  I would be back to my GP and ask what age would he expect atrophy to start  >:(.  You need localised oestrogen to apply it is what will ease symptoms.  How DARE a GP even query what is happening down there  :-X

HRT down there is delivered differently to other HRT (teaching Grandma to suck eggs  :-\) ...... give the Surgery a ring and ask for treatment?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6