Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 274625 times)

Machair

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #930 on: June 11, 2017, 11:06:50 AM »

Sparkle I would think if your last period was in December that maybe you are still not out of the window for oestrogen production of your own in surges, as you must have had enough to trigger the small bleed at Christmas. Also I think you had a few light bleeds last year if I remember correctly. It could be that you are coming to the end but not quite, so your own hormones are still active enough to cause the increased mucus. Is it copious enough to stain underwear yellow - the reason I ask as I read in a research paper that if you can stretch it to 2- 4cms then you have very high levels of circulating oestrogen.This amount also stains underwear yellow and wearing a panty liner can make things more comfortable.

Machair

« Reply #931 on: June 12, 2017, 07:36:22 AM »

Hi Sparkle,
Yes back from holiday and a wonderful ending at a Nashville concert at The Royal Albert Hall! Now back to reality!

It is so hard to know what is going on isn't it? I know that for 2 years after your last period the hormones are still active, but not enough to build a significant lining, so you might still expect to see surges, which you may have had before your Christmas bleed. I know many women who have told me that their last period was a speck of brown or pink or a 1 day bleed, so I guess this is due to lower hormone levels but still enough to trigger something. I remember you having a pink day last year when you felt very unwell in the summer I think? One thing is for sure we are no longer having proper 7 day long periods with significant PMT build up so I think we must be in the final stages.

I know copious mucus is a sign of oestrogen production, and so I know I am still making plenty so am expected to see bleeding for a bit longer, but as yours is less often I think you are nearer the end than me so calm waters are ahead Sparkle. Also you are having times with sweating, that I really don't have on any consistent basis, but when yours stop for a few days I think that indicates you are having some of your own hormonal activity.

How are you doing ER I hope you are feeling better?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #932 on: June 12, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »

Hi Machair, so glad you had a lovely time. Did you fly down to London for the concert at the end of your holiday?

Sparkle I agree with Machair, I think you've had an oestrogen hike. All of those symptoms you've described are exactly what you've had previously when the oestrogen is surging. Trouble is, in late stage peri, if you're particularly sensitive to the o being high, the symptoms are very similar to those of PMS so all is terribly confusing.

Girls anything is possible as far as these hormones are concerned. In the year following my last ovulatory cycle in Oct 15, the oestrogen  fluctuated ridiculously, thus the 4 anovulatory bleeds that followed. Since Sept 16 there has been absolutely no symptoms of oestrogen change and lots of symptoms of it remaining low. Therefore Machair I think yours could stop just as suddenly as mine did, who knows whether your mini bleeds/show call it what you will, are anovulatory or not. I think you're both coming to the end if you're not there already. Thing is with the last menstrual bleed, is the fact that you don't know it's your last menstrual bleed!

I'm certainly no expert but I'd be surprised if it's the Vagifem Sparkle. If it were, I would have thought you'd have seen symptoms like this before now. The Vagifem gives you the heebie jeebies, so that's probably why you think it's the villain of the piece!!  ;)

My back is the absolute pits today, just taken me 10 mins to get my socks on. Got to get hubby to hosp for appt, feel like asking them to put me out of my misery  ;D Jeez, it would try the patience of a saint!

Hope you're feeling tickety-boo nearly50.

Love to you all x

Machair

« Reply #933 on: June 12, 2017, 10:56:17 AM »

So sorry ER that you are in so much agony. I really hope things improve for you very soon. It seems so cruel that you have this just when your hormones have settled and you are in a calm place with the migraines.

Sparkle when did the mucus start? Are you getting close to the 14 days when you would expect a bleed? Of course if there is no ovulation then it could be any time so there are less clues. Maybe it won't come to anything. I have several friends who went in excess of 9 months between periods several times before stopping completely.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #934 on: June 12, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »

I'm 9 months now Machair, fingers crossed hey?  :worm:

nearly50

« Reply #935 on: June 13, 2017, 10:03:51 AM »

ER, hope you've got the dates for MRI and xray now and that you get a plan of action soon.

All quiet here, back to nightsweats, nightmares and hot flushes which is my new happy norm if that makes sense. 42 days now so hoping for a big long gap this time. Tempting fate big time there.  ;D

Hope you're all having a good day

Elizabethrose

« Reply #936 on: June 13, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »

Haha, the lesser of two evils! What we have to put up with!

Still no news on the MRI, doc said within two weeks and I'm praying that it'll come through soon as I need to get moving to have this treated. Blimey, it was a nightmare yesterday, could only lay on the floor in the evening, today is not much better but I'm rattling with the meds I'm taking!!

Had the shoulder x-rayed yesterday when at the hosp with hubby, but that is the least of my problems and I feel sure that's a ligament injury of sorts.

Hubby was thoroughly checked over by ortho consultant who wants him back in two weeks. He confirmed that the continued pain, aching and swelling were to be expected and seems very surprised that hubby wasn't still medicating regularly. DUH!! The severity of the injury is making him behave and be sensible though, but he doesn't have much choice!

I feel that this is a glimpse into the future, a couple of old geriatrics hobbling around. Haha, gave up last night and ordered some ready meals from Ocado/Waitrose, either that or starve. Someone come and peel me a grape!!  ;) xx

Machair

« Reply #937 on: June 13, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »

ER I will any time you like and I'll bring cake too!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #938 on: June 13, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »

You're a sweetheart Machair, thank you! Remember, mine's the lemon cake! xx

nearly50

« Reply #939 on: June 13, 2017, 05:45:02 PM »

ER, that sounds really bad :( You should definitely do a bulk buy from Waitrose to save yourself from having to do anything. I'm so impressed that you keep your sense of humour.

sparkle, it is strange how badly surges affect eyesight, isn't it? I'm back to not needing my reading glasses all the time again. Funny how much appetite varies so much too.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #940 on: June 13, 2017, 06:40:56 PM »

Thanks gals for your support!! Hardly any sleep at all last night Sparkle, didn't know what to do for the best. Such a pain!

Thank goodness that I bulk cook and freeze, penne Bolognese tonight, just got to clear up now  >:( Hubby just said that we're like the couple in Little Britain, you know that one with the carer and chap in the wheelchair. He said that every time he leaves me to clear up and goes to sit on the sofa, he really jumps around dancing wildly until I walk back into the room!! Oh ha blooming ha - bored with this now!! xx

Mbrown001

« Reply #941 on: June 13, 2017, 07:31:07 PM »

I think sometimes if you didn't laugh you would cry.

I will go for laughing every time.

Elizabethrose...

:bighug:

And

:foryou:

You have been such a support for the ladies on this topic and also those who suffer migraines.

Just wish we could do more for you.

Take good care.

Mrs Brown

Elizabethrose

« Reply #942 on: June 13, 2017, 07:45:46 PM »

Ah thanks Mrs B, but I think we've all supported each other here!!  :crutch: :crutch: :crutch: :crutch:

xx

Mbrown001

« Reply #943 on: June 13, 2017, 07:54:50 PM »

Yep, one of the nicest, kindest most supportive topics on the forum.

I just drop by to admire the way you all support each other.

So nice to read

Mrs Brown

Elizabethrose

« Reply #944 on: June 13, 2017, 08:05:50 PM »

I'll second that!  :great:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76