Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 276660 times)

Machair

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #960 on: June 16, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »

So pleased Sparkle you are feeling better. Have the night sweats still abated? Do you think you will have a period? I guess it might be worth expecting one and then you won't be shocked! You have had all the signs, but maybe if one doesn't appear you can be confident this might just be your final year!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #961 on: June 16, 2017, 11:03:24 AM »

Hi girls, still here!!

Had a couple of hours yesterday when all seemed kinder, I think the tabs must have super kicked in and the lying on the floor with the legs in the air had helped. Felt very sore last night didn't get to bed until very late as couldn't get comfy at all! Again totally relying on meds today.

nearly50, the pain is constant when sitting, twisting, bending, moving the back in any way really. The shooting pain literally makes me cry out, not pleasant! It feels as if the spine is just about to snap in half and can't support the weight of my upper body. Slow careful walking is ok and that's how I'm getting anything done.

Anyone got a gun?  :) x

nearly50

« Reply #962 on: June 16, 2017, 11:15:44 AM »

You must be getting really fed up by now ER, at least the MRI is tomorrow. Hoping you get to speak to someone about the results very quickly.

I'm so crabby today, end of term is looming and the kids are revolting in more ways than one. Lack of sleep does make dealing with teenagers difficult sometimes.

Machair and sparkle, sounds like both of you are having a quieter time - hope you don't get another bleed. I want to hear about these menopause parties you're all going to have :)

Mbrown001

« Reply #963 on: June 16, 2017, 08:10:46 PM »

Good luck tomorrow Elizabethrose. I hope it all goes well and let us know how you get on.

We are all cheering you on to a resolution and a good recovery.

Mrs Brown

Claireylou

« Reply #964 on: June 16, 2017, 08:17:42 PM »

Good luck Elizabethrose. Feel better soon xxx  :tulips:

Machair

« Reply #965 on: June 16, 2017, 08:24:27 PM »

Thinking of you ER and sending all my love and best wishes for tomorrow.x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #966 on: June 16, 2017, 09:57:19 PM »

Oh you are lovely ladies, just caught up with this thread, thank you for all your kind wishes. I'll let you know how I get on xxxxx

Jenna

« Reply #967 on: June 17, 2017, 06:40:39 AM »

Wishing you all the very best for today, Elizabethrose. I really hope you can then receive treatment to have you skipping through the azaleas again soon.  :cancan: Thinking of you. xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #968 on: June 18, 2017, 06:44:17 AM »

Thanks Jenna, that made me laugh. Skipping through the azaleas - I wish

All done yesterday, my goodness those machines are noisy things. Even with earplugs and headphones it sounded like a chap with a Kango drill was in the tunnel with me. No suggestion or offer of music this time. It took an age to get me up and lying on the bed and the staff were a little reluctant to help which puzzled me.

Some radiologists will hint at a result but these two were determined to do anything but. I asked when the results would come through and was told it can be quick but can take weeks. I asked whether it was bad news that came through quickly and they agreed that that was the case. I further asked whether they could see anything untoward but it was the classic case of sorry the results need to be analysed.

So here I am, rather needing quick results in order to organise appropriate treatment and yet hoping they won't be quick and therefore serious!! Yesterday's pain was a shocker and along with a walk to and from the hosp in intense heat, triggered a pesky migraine (kill me!).

Woke with a very sore back this morning, but mornings are always a shocker. Good news though, I woke on my side which I have needed to do but been unable to do for a few weeks. Improving? I really really hope so. My boy is coming today for Father's day but also to do a list of tasks for me: poor lad it'll be a long day!!  ;)

Thank you for your support girls, you're the best!!! xxxxx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #969 on: June 18, 2017, 07:13:11 AM »

Thanks Sparkle, thankfully the migraine calmed by the evening but I had the serious migraine munchies!

No garden for me, it was hellish here yesterday. I kept all of the south facing window blinds firmly down and the north facing window blinds up. Victorian house so usually cold in winter, cool in summer. Yesterday we were tucked away in the sitting room, me on the floor hubby on the sofa, and it was deliciously cool in there. Even at 8pm the kitchen was chokingly hot. Think your temps were similar, can you cope with it? x

Jenna

« Reply #970 on: June 18, 2017, 07:45:04 AM »

Hello Elizabethrose,

Sorry to hear about yesterday's endurance test and the migraine. Honestly, I don't know how you cope.

I really hope you can have some amazing treatment to enable you to get out and about again.

Have a lovely day today with your son and I expect to hear you have been waited on hand and foot. xx

Machair

« Reply #971 on: June 18, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »

So glad that is over for you and hopefully results will come soon so you can get treatment. They never give much away if anything do they, but I think they are not allowed to in most cases. I know with my kidney stones they told me there were none at the time, and when I went for the results the urologist said there were hundreds of tiny ones all over the kidneys and in the bladder, so maybe waiting is the best option to get the right story!
Thinking of you and sending lots of love and good wishes,
xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #972 on: June 19, 2017, 02:29:31 PM »

Thank you for your kindness girls. Just a quick update.

Doc just called with the results of Sats MRI. Further bulging in the discs and some evidence of arthritis which I'm aware of in other joints, particularly fingers. The Osteocare I've been taking for a while, helps with all of the normal aches and pains. They think the back has gone into spasm though which hasn't been able to calm because of the running after hubby. Been laying on the floor on my back with legs in the air for much of the past few days which does ease it a little.

Booked in to see an osteopath on Wed taking MRI results with me. Supposed to be a miracle worker so fingers crossed!! xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #973 on: June 19, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »

Same discs Sparkle, just deteriorated further, which is exactly what I'd thought as it flares much more easily now. Never seen this chap before but highly recommended by the GP so I'll see how it goes. He also uses acupuncture apparently to relieve spasm, so I'll discuss that too. Had it about 30 years ago when neck went into a spasm (wow, now that was painful - who knew how heavy a head is!!) and it seemed to help but also had about a years worth to try to help the migraine and that proved utterly useless. Need to discuss all options and let him decide what's best. I just need to get rid of this pain!! x

Jenna

« Reply #974 on: June 19, 2017, 03:33:03 PM »

I hope he can work his magic, ER! (I have had similar damage years ago, but only one disc - so I do understand just how awful it can be.) Fingers crossed. xx
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 76