Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Brussels  (Read 8842 times)

blossom60

Brussels
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:14 AM »

Well here we go again. :'(

Joyce

Re: Brussels
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:50:19 PM »

My nephew & girlfriend live & work near metro which was bombed. Both safe.

Initially when it was the airport, I was hoping he wasn't travelling anywhere. But when news came through about the metro, my heart was in my mouth.

So sad for everyone in Brussels.

holidaylover

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:12:32 PM »

What a horrible cruel world we now live in.  It's very scary and the worst thing is that, no doubt, there will be worse to come.  I really don't think anywhere is safe. How can people be brainwashed so that they think what they are doing is right? 

Dulciana

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 01:15:14 PM »

My nephew & girlfriend live & work near metro which was bombed. Both safe.

I'm so relieved for both of them and for you, cubagirl.
Dulciana

Dulciana

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »

How can people be brainwashed so that they think what they are doing is right?

Does anybody know Mille Collombes?  If not, do give it a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LMJs4CZJFY

Translated, it means "A Thousand Doves" and the words, roughly translated into English, are:

Winter is here, on the village rooftops.
The sky is white and I can hear the children's choir in the old church,
With an organ reflecting the colours of the time.

Let there be peace on earth for the next 100,000 years.
Send us a thousand doves with each sunrise.
Send us a thousand doves and millions of swallows.
Let everyone become like a child again, one day.

Tomorrow is for us and tomorrow there will be no more wars.
Tomorrow, everywhere, the guns will sleep beneath the flowers.
A beautiful world is a world where one can live without fear.

Hope must spring eternal.
D.
x
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:27:27 PM by Dulciana »

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »

Thanks Dulciana.  It is such a scary world these days. These things used to be isolated events. Nowadays hardly a week goes by without something like this happening.

coldethyl

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 01:31:53 PM »

It's a sad and strange world we live in . I don't know what the answer is but it is tragic that innocent people just trying to get on with their lives get caught up in the fallout from dogmatism on all sides.

blossom60

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 02:15:52 PM »

As expected the death toll continues to rise.

I don't really have any words.

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 02:45:30 PM »

Hello ladies.

On the footage from the Metro a screaming child can be plainly heard.

I have no words, only tears.

K.

Kate50

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 03:13:07 PM »

After the shock if the twin towers I fear we may be coming immune almost. Sad day :(

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 04:39:52 PM »

I also think we are getting hardened to these images.  Once upon a time it would be an unthinkable thing that would throw us all into shock.  Nowadays we see it so much it is almost 'normal' which is a tragedy in itself.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »

Here we go again - that's my thoughts when reading 31 now dead.  It's the clearing up that must be so awful, not knowing if there's to be another bomb close by >sign<.  Apparently the 'security services' don't talk to each other even in the same country, i.e. it wasn't until the British Security Forces told France that they became aware of incidents in other parts of France! Bcause info simply isn't passed between the various Depts.. 

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »

I also think we are getting hardened to these images.  Once upon a time it would be an unthinkable thing that would throw us all into shock.  Nowadays we see it so much it is almost 'normal' which is a tragedy in itself.

The staff in the school where I work have been shocked all day. We have been tuning into news items whenever possible. I don't think that we have got hardened to these things to be honest. I'll be glad when my son has flown safely home from France next week I must admit even though statistics show that he is far more likely to die on the drive from the airport to his flat!

Taz x

coldethyl

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »

I don't know if people are hardened.. More resigned. There doesn't seem to be anything we as individuals can do to change the course that the world is taking. Sometimes I don't read the news on my Facebook feed because I find it easier to just deal with the small things that I can influence. It's not that I don't care, rather that facing such stuff affects me more than I can affect it. Radicalisation and its terrible consequences seems inevitable to me these days given the plight of so many around the world.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »

It's truly shocking and sickening.  My thoughts go out to all the families affected by this.

We were warned though weren't we?   Months ago ISIS warned that they would infiltrate Europe and they would be coming in posing as migrants. 

It is utter madness to be letting people into Europe who we know nothing about.  Utter madness.
Pages: [1] 2