Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Brussels  (Read 8837 times)

Dulciana

Re: Brussels
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »

Dulciana - haven't had a chance to listen yet but just wanted to thank you for posting that - those words are so moving.  If only ... S x

It always helps me, sparkle.
Dulciana

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 07:33:30 PM »

The number of times I enter public areas without anyone searching my bags - during the Troubles it was more obvious that bags were being checked.  We need to take care of those close to home and like the pebble in the puddle  ???

So sad for all concerned.  Man doesn't learn though  :sigh:

How many of you carry a small torch and bottle of water 'in case' you are stuck anywhere?  Maybe we ought to have an emergency kit with the possibilities of more of these types of attacks happening ?  Even in the 1980s when in a Theatre I always carried a small torch in case the lights went out !  Ought to add the 'sheewee' to my emergency bag too …….
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:56:49 PM by CLKD »

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »

I wondered why there aren't more security checks as you enter an airport ie. before check-in. But hubby said it just isn't feasible to have so much security, due to cost & the logistics of the whole thing. Yes they have put bollards up immediately outside entrances, which stops the cars, but is absolutely no use for passengers walking in. Maybe they'll rethink that one. However, none of that would have helped on the Metro, unless bags were scanned there too. I've had my bag scanned at a railway station in London in the past.

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 11:51:32 PM »

I heard on the radio tonight that to search everyone entering the airport would cause more security problems than it solved. It would lead to queues of people outside of the building and every time you have a mass of people the threat to security is heightened i.e. the suicide bomber would be standing within the mass of people outside the building instead of inside.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 08:16:09 AM »

Yes that's right Taz. They were saying on TV this morning that authorities need to be more aware & provide intelligence. We need to be more aware of what's going on around us in places like airports. It's all too easy to be complacent regarding such things.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 09:01:06 AM »

We are going to Tenerife on Sunday and I'd also booked to go to Luxembourg a few weeks later' which I posted on the holiday thread ages ago.

Last week I had an uneasy feeling about the Luxembourg trip and had some scary dreams and last week I rang and cancelled it.  I lost £200 but I was so unsettled I didn't care.  It was spooky because the day I cancelled the girl said if you leave it open more day you will lost almost all the money you paid. 
I have never cancelled a holiday before but know a I did the right thing.

Ju Ju

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 09:54:10 AM »

Thank you Dulciana for your post.

Peace and love starts within ourselves.

Treat yourself with loving kindness. The extension of this is that you treat everyone around you with loving kindness. It begins with you.

If all you have experienced is hate, prejudice, anger, rejection, then you hit out at the world. Radicalisation channels the anger. People who feel valued, worthy and loved just for being themselves cannot be channelled this way.

Smile at everyone you encounter.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 05:48:43 PM »

Nail bombs cause such destruction, inside and out  :'(

By repeated press announcements the terrorists are getting the coverage they want.  I think there should be an embargo on such News after the initial outrage ………..
Pages: 1 [2]