Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Looking *older* than your age?  (Read 19354 times)

babyjane

Re: Looking *older* than your age?
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2016, 03:34:46 PM »

I am thinking about booking a session with a personal shopper at my favourite shop, Bon Marche. It is free and I would like a new outfit for my Ruby Wedding anniversary later in the year. However I am not really sure what suits me nowadays.

scriv

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »

I think grey hair - I prefer to call it silver ;) - needs to be well cut and looked after and enhanced by stylish and strong accessories eg good colours, strong jewellery and stylish glasses etc

I feel confident with the way I do mine and actually look younger and more stylish as it shows off my skin better than when I had my hair coloured and the skin aged and did not suit my skin nearly as well as the silver hair I now have.

I get many compliments about my hair and my look and disbelief that I am nearly 63.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »

It is hard sometimes to dress appropriately. Having lost a lot of weight( though still a bit to go) I find myself wondering what to wear that flatters my thinner but older body and often think I've gone a bit mutton dressed as lamb as being short I prefer shorter skirts otherwise I look even shorter and swamped. I also still have long hair and wonder if I should go shorter as I'm 50 but it's a big call as it'll never grow again with the meno thinning.

I have lost two and half stone and its great to look so much better in clothes but oh boy undressed I look way worse than I did heavier.  Everything flaps or looks like a saggy bag of spuds.
I want to lose another stone although to do that I think I would need to stop eating totally as I seem to have come to a stop or I gain and have to lose it again. I know there is no answer to this other than surgery which is not an option ;D

coldethyl

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »

It is hard sometimes to dress appropriately. Having lost a lot of weight( though still a bit to go) I find myself wondering what to wear that flatters my thinner but older body and often think I've gone a bit mutton dressed as lamb as being short I prefer shorter skirts otherwise I look even shorter and swamped. I also still have long hair and wonder if I should go shorter as I'm 50 but it's a big call as it'll never grow again with the meno thinning.

I have lost two and half stone and its great to look so much better in clothes but oh boy undressed I look way worse than I did heavier.  Everything flaps or looks like a saggy bag of spuds.
I want to lose another stone although to do that I think I would need to stop eating totally as I seem to have come to a stop or I gain and have to lose it again. I know there is no answer to this other than surgery which is not an option ;D

I sag but feel better in myself so will keep at it. I've also slowed down since peri got worse so going to have to up exercise and cut food down again. The better weather will help as I love salads.q

Dulciana

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »

I always say your hands always give you away no matter how much you work on your face!  One look at a person's hands and you can get a good idea of their age - and the job they've done!

You've got a point, there, Stellajane.  My sister (she of "why is your hair grey" fame!) has just been been told by another darling little pupil that her hands look old from playing the piano.    ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2016, 01:31:24 PM »

Except with me!  I used to have very bad eczema on my hands and they kept opening up with little cuts all over, particularly in cold weather, so my hands had become lined and old looking when I was very young. I was very conscious and embarrassed about how they looked, but now the rest of me is catching up! Children can be very perspective and kind. I remember one child stroking my hand, when the eczema was bad, saying " Your hands are poorly, Miss.", while an adult looked at them and asked bluntly if it was catching!
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 09:10:40 PM »

I'm lucky that I look a lot younger than my age. I don't always feel it though! I'm almost 62 (in one hours time!) still have blonde hair, bit darker than when I was young (saves a lot on hairdressing costs) reasonable skin, though rosecea has got its grips now.  >:(  And I have a better figure than at any time of my before. Both my parents look years younger, though Mum has to use a walker. Dad doesn't look over 90. More like his late 70s. Both have shrunk in height. It's all in the genes. I haven't done anything different.
Happy Birthday Ju Ju

Ju Ju

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 03:12:04 AM »

Oh 07drichard! Thank you!

Ju Ju

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 08:59:36 AM »

Thank you!

linz57

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »

Happy belated birthday greetings to you Ju Ju, hope you had a lovely day
On the subject of ageing, I frighten myself many a morning when I look in the mirror and see a cross between Norah Batty and a bulldog chewing a wasp staring back at me!  ;D ;D
I do get fed up of people saying " cheer up, it might never happen", the problem is it has, saggy jowls have happened! I'm not miserable, I just look it haha
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]