Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Cant take this anymore  (Read 25486 times)

Tinkerbellj

Cant take this anymore
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »

Sorry but need to say this I just cant take this anymore.  Its been 15months of.pure hell. Its not just the constant pain and physical symptoms its the continous feeling of pure sadness . I dont think I will ever laugh or smile again. My personality has completely changed I hate everyone and everything doctors r completely useless and I dont have the energy to fight anymore. I give up hormones u win enough is enough.  No one understands this is a living hell.....

elainewin

Re: Cant take this anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

Hi hun i know exactly the hell you feel this was me a few weeks ago,my story is i started hrt for 9 wks and it made me feel angry and hateful to everyone including grandkids ,i couldnt help my self ,it felt like life was no longer worth living .
I telephoned my dr ,who advised me to stop hrt straight away and wrote me a prescription for fluoxetine ( prozac)....1 mth down the line and i feel so well in all aspects mood ,sleep .reduced night sweats .
I know one size dose.nt fit all but please dont continue to suffer as there is help out there ....BIG HUGS xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:06:01 PM »

Thank u x I have been down that line tried what feels.like every anti depressant under the sun they all make.me feel sick. I have two little ones I am 47 this started right after the birth of my son 15 months ago I am on my 5 th hrt I have constant stomach pains have been refered for colonoscopy. My dad died from undiagnosed bowel cancer I am anxious all the time no energy and sooo upset that my . babies have lost their mummy.

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:49 PM »

I understand. I have young kids too, and I don't know what happened to me. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you. But I do understand. Hang in there.

elainewin

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 03:20:50 PM »

Sorry to hear that Tinkerbellj,it sounds like anxiety as well as hormone related.your sure going through a very tough time,and sounds like you need to go back to your Gp even if its for a referral to see a consultant,there could be something out there that could help.
Keep us all updated on how your doing ..keep knocking on them doors xx

boxerheaven

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:32:57 PM »

i have always been a fiery person quick tempered but not often always said what i thought etc
a couple of years ago this got worse i once nearly had a fight with a woman walking my dogs i could have smashed her face into the ground
looking bak i now knwo its my hormones and i check my self try to breath and look out side myself (if that makes sense ) they say knowledge is ower and i have read lots on the peri meno and depression anxiety
i know that eveyone is different but thats my experience i hope you get sorted xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »

Thank u all so much .I really am not prone to feeling sorry for myself at all  I have been thru all sorts of health issues but this is rediculous. Started evorel sequi patches last friday and I have a funny taste in my mouth low grade headache but its the mood. I am now in tears cuz I yelled at my wee daughter for makin a mess. She is only 4 tired knockin doors no on e cares I even had a gp on friday whom I dont kniw get up and hug me cuz he didnt know what else to do for me. He gave me diazapam

elainewin

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 03:56:19 PM »

Have you got a partner or a good friend to have a good old heart to heart with,perhaps getting it all of your chest might help.
I know how hard it is to open up to someone when you feel like that its easier to shout than it is to open up .
Myself i just broke down one day and cried and cried,and my hubby said he didnt realise how bad i felt ( men for you lol ).
If none of that is possible then keep on this forum there will always be someone on here very wise and helpful x

dazned

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 03:56:41 PM »

As its only been a relatively short time since the birth of your little one sounds like it could be PND  :-\

I believe that hrt is great for physical symptoms but its not that great for emotional ones . Diazepam will help calm you down a bit but wont help with lifting you up out of your low mood .
There are some ladies on here who have suffered with PND hopefully they will come along to share their insights..... GRL ?
Hope you find some answers soon.

:hug:

coldethyl

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 04:00:56 PM »

Don't give up. Can you try and get an appointment at your surgery with the most sympathetic GP there and just tell them exactly what you have said here and ask for a referral to a menopause clinic and also the psychiatric services as it may be that you also need some intense psychological therapy as well. I think you also have fibromyalgia which will be impacting on and  affected by all the hormonal upheaval and it  maybe that more needs doing to address that as well.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 04:07:16 PM »

I do have fibro had it since I was 24 and I have been to the hrt clinic but not much help tbh very nice but just change the hrt and only after I basically cried cuz I felt so awful on the other types. I have an appt on tues to discuss my mum she has early onset altzimers and I am her carer so hopefully I can get someone to listen then I really am at rock bottom partner doesnt understand and because I just keep on keeping in my friends dont really understand either cuz I have always coped ladies thanks so much for your support x

Sarai

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »

I know you say you have tried every anti depressant, but I'm wondering how long for. They are wicked some of them at the beginning as it feels like they make you worse to start with which they do, and the nausea and loss of appetite but after a few weeks it really does settle. See it like having morning sickness, a necessary evil to get the end result. You owe it to your children to get better somehow and I think, so if I sound bossy, that antidepressants will help you but you must give them enough time to work.

newbeginnings

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 04:48:29 PM »

For what its worth if anything, I tried virtually every SNRI anti depressant there I including the tricyclics. After many years my GP started me 9 months ago on a different type its called Trazodone. It was invented just before SNRI's and they took over the market. Its not been a miracle cure but its the only one that I've been able to stick to and trust.
It may be worth just asking your gp about it if you were looking for another tool in the box.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 04:51:31 PM »

STOP right there!   I haven't read the other responses but it sounds like post natal depression.  Make an appt. to see a Midwife or Health Visitor ASAP!  PND can begin anytime up to 3 years after having a baby so if your youngest is 15 months old …… and most of the ADs made me feel very very sick but there are older medications that can be used for calming. 

What help do you have around the house with the babes?

dazned

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »

I said PND too ,Im sure you need to ask for help with this .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6