Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Qlara bcp  (Read 2694 times)

Tinkerbellj

Qlara bcp
« on: February 01, 2016, 10:01:40 AM »

Having tried 5 different types of hrt I am now wondering if I would just be better taking a bcp. Never been much good on them before but thay was 15 years ago and have heard qulara is good as it is tailered to your natural cycle. Maybe just shutting down my fluctuation of hormones and taking this would be a paln #graspingatstraws.

Hurdity

Re: Qlara bcp
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »

It may well be worth a try - hopefully the women who have tried it will be along later to answer directly! The main thing is whether you can tolerate the high doses of progestogen that any CCP entails - although there are fewer days of progestogen than with other BCPs, and also fewer tablet free days.

Hurdity x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:19:01 PM »

Thanks hurdity xx not doing well off this hrt at all!!

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:54:24 AM »

Anyone using qlaria? Or on any bcp for perimenopause

Clovie

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:15:23 AM »

sorry to hear you're struggling being off HRT meds  :(

I WAS given a BCP for perimenopause about 2 years ago, but it was the mini-pill, so all progesterone to which I'm intolerant, so that went well  ;)   as you might imagine!  ;D

I hear some ladies do quite well on  BCPs so you might be OK

Just wanted to sympathise anyway, and hope you manage to get something that helps  :) The nurse you saw who you spoke about ion your other thread sounds much better informed,
Good luck x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 10:24:03 AM »

Thanks clovie......I bet that was a nightmare!  Could cope.with the physical stuff if the mood improved! Yeah the nurse was so much better than the consultant! Off to see gp on friday for pain relief. Trying to stay of everything to get baseline bloods in april

Chocolatechaos

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 06:33:37 PM »

I am using mercilon an oral contraceptive to try and alleviate the rollercoaster of perimenopause. It is a lower dose at 20mg but it seems good enough for me. I was diagnosed as peri about 18 month ago aged 40. I tried hrt elleste duet 1mg but it upset my bowels and the dose didn't last 24hrs before taking the next pill. I then tried evorel sequi 50mg upping to 75mg when breakthrough symptoms occurred. Eventually my gp and I decided on the pill to stop my cycle and so far it has worked. I still have ibs symptoms and some anxiety but all the other symptoms have gone.

Briony

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »

Qlaira is very different as it has bio identical estrogen and only two blank days. I would recommend you read my post here which summarises my experience of it:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=29562.0

It's not well known and GPs tend to avoid it as it's so expensive.

Before considering any pill, I'd look at this:

http://www.avongpeducation.co.uk/handouts/2012/youngpersons/The%20pill%20ladder.pdf

Feel free to ask any questions,

B x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 02:52:34 PM »

Thanks all. According to gynae my hormones really high somedays amrd crash the next  so thinking I either use gel oestrogen which I can alter myself or go for the pill til the perimenopause stops???

Briony

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 05:03:37 PM »

The thing that's helped me most if the pill, but a low dose one. I am in exactly the same situation as you - estrogen is sky high one day and low the next.  >:( HRT, even high dose, doesn't seem to be able to over ride my own system, sadly. Good luck.