Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Patch size age 56 too high??  (Read 7322 times)

warwick01

Re: Patch size age 56 too high??
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »

Morning Ladies,

Mmm start of 4th week tomorrow on Everal 75 that means changing my patch. Woke up this morning really anxious, jelly legs and feeling really nausea. Things just settling now. Do you think this is side effects of the patch or does it mean the patch is starting to run out before tomorrow??

Also - is it a case my body needs time to adjust to Everal?? after 3 years on the Gel??

The sun is shining here in Manchester how bout where you are? Like many others I long to feel better ;)

Wx

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »

Warwick - It could take time for you to settle down to the patches, different method of delivery and different hormone. I think 3 months is the time quoted that it can take for somebody to settle with a new HRT regime.

You mention that you are feeling more settled, that's good.

When you say "Do you think this is side effects of the patch or does it mean the patch is starting to run out before tomorrow??"  How long has your current patch been on for?

I've read on here that patches are designed to be used for 3.5 days, if it's been on that long perhaps it is running low, don't know.  :-\

The Evorel instructions for use just mention 3 or 4 day gaps, so presumably it's not that precise and will even itself out over the month, don't know
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:28:39 PM by Limpy »

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 12:31:59 PM »

A lot of women have the side effects that you describe when on too much oestrogen , I know I do.

Could it be that you are absorbing the hormones from the patches far better than your previous delivery method and therefore don't need quite as much.

Just a thought.

Honeybun
X

warwick01

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »

Thanks for your replies.

I am determined to persevere (as hard as it is) Felt ok from mid afternoon yesterday, really good evening with my DH.

Was awake most of the night and bam........ anxiety again all morning. It feels almost impossible to go out before midday. always feel better in the afternoon and evening. One thing I am noticing is the off balance issue and dizziness seems a little better :)

Fingers crossed X

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »

Sorry you're still not feeling good, when did you last change your patch?

If you've recently changed it, it might be that it's too much oestrogen for you. If that isn't the case, then perhaps you need more hormone.

Whatever, perhaps speak to somebody who can advise and prescribe, GP, Meno clinic, Consultant.........

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:28:46 PM by Limpy »

warwick01

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 02:59:44 PM »

Hi Limpy,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed my patch yesterday morning. Prior to changing and every morning I have woke (if I manage to sleep) very jittery anxious nausea. Every day when I go out feel anxious agitated esp in shops.

Not sure how Everal 75 compares to 4 pumps of gel I was on before. Also as anxiety and dizziness have been the main problem I m not sure if its too much Estrogion or not enough. I think I must be post meno as Im 57 in January.

Wx

dazned

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 03:38:05 PM »

I believe anxiety is the hardest thing for hrt to overcome ,well it did nothing for mine anyway. It can't possibly combat all our symptoms. Have you explored other avenue to help,mindful meditation, CBT that sort of thing ? I have to use ADS alongside my hrt like others on here.

Limpy

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »

Warwick, On the plus side you felt ok from mid afternoon yesterday going on to have a good evening.
But, the lack of sleep sounds really hard to deal with and that seems to be continuing. The things Dazned are suggesting sound to be worth trying. If they don't help, it might be worth getting back to the Dr who prescribed the Evorel to discuss the best way forward?

Pages: 1 2 [3]