Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: My Pill Diary.  (Read 58475 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: My Pill Diary.
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »

Hi Hurdity

My GP explained that there's no physiological need to have a bleed whilst on the Pill. It's more for reassurance. The daily progesterone stops the lining building up.

On Prof Studd's website he mentions that if you use the Pill to control PMS/cyclical anxiety and depression then it's pointless having a withdrawl break for 7 days because you will get total withdrawal symptoms from the hormones which is what you're trying to avoid.

But having said all that it looks like I'm getting a withdraw bleed anyway.

pepperminty

« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2015, 07:13:19 AM »

Hi Grl,

there is definitely no need to have a bleed. Dr Currie has done an article regarding this I remember reading. Is there less chance of getting spotting on a progesterone based pill or an oestrogen based one I wonder? Or is there no difference?

peppermintyxx

pepperminty

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »

Thought this link maybe of interest

www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-bleeding.php

Peppermintyxx

Briony

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2015, 04:27:08 PM »

Hi Grl,

there is definitely no need to have a bleed. Dr Currie has done an article regarding this I remember reading. Is there less chance of getting spotting on a progesterone based pill or an oestrogen based one I wonder? Or is there no difference?

peppermintyxx

Not sure re estrogen pill v combined, but I do know that with the combined, the lower the estrogen, the higher the possibility of spotting. I had spotting most days for the first few months but now it rarely occurs. Did get a bleed despite taking the 2mg estrogen pill, which surprised me.

pepperminty

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »

Hi Briony,

wonder if I will get spotting on mercilon , I have started the pill on the first day of my bleed from HRT today . I haven't a clue what to expect , a bit scared really which is silly as I have taken the pill before. Just terrified it may not work and I will be back at square one!!

Pmintyxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »

Day 25:

Woke in the night and thought I wouldn't get back to sleep as I didn't feel remotely sleepy. But I managed it. Woke quitecearky with nasty little churnings of anxiety and didn't feel rested.

Felt very flat and depressed all day. No pleasure in.anything I did despite being taken out for a nice lunch and being bought a surprise present. Felt near to tears several times but hid it well I think.

Really hate feeling like this. These are days I will never get back. I really, really hope my mood improves quickly.

Still got the spotting and some of it was quite red. No headache though.

Felt slightly better during the evening but still very sad and down inside. Oh dear.

Briony

« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2015, 09:04:16 PM »

Hi Briony,

wonder if I will get spotting on mercilon , I have started the pill on the first day of my bleed from HRT today . I haven't a clue what to expect , a bit scared really which is silly as I have taken the pill before. Just terrified it may not work and I will be back at square one!!

Pmintyxx

Lol I hadn't read this when I replied to your other post. You will see I had exactly the same fear! Spotting eased within three months. X

Briony

« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »

Day 25:

Woke in the night and thought I wouldn't get back to sleep as I didn't feel remotely sleepy. But I managed it. Woke quitecearky with nasty little churnings of anxiety and didn't feel rested.

Felt very flat and depressed all day. No pleasure in.anything I did despite being taken out for a nice lunch and being bought a surprise present. Felt near to tears several times but hid it well I think.

Really hate feeling like this. These are days I will never get back. I really, really hope my mood improves quickly.

Still got the spotting and some of it was quite red. No headache though.

Felt slightly better during the evening but still very sad and down inside. Oh dear.

Hate to think of you feeling like this. Do remember how early it is - DR Currie talks of having to have a settling in phase which allows your system to reset. That's where you are now. If it doesn't ease by the second month, remember there are many other pills to try. All is not lost. Yours suits some but others find it affects their mood - search Microgynon on Mumsnet. If you fall into that category, at least you know your body prefers a more estrogen dominant pill. Most people find one that suits - but not always first time.

Hang in there and keep posting. We get it and get you. We're all in this meno chaos together ! X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »

Aw thanks Briony. You are always so supportive and the voice of reason.

Day 26:

Slept better and woke quite late (well 7am). Felt calmer inside. Still felt a bit sad but not the awful deadening depression of yesterday. As the day went on my mood improved even more and I felt quite lighthearted, though felt drained. When I have had an episode of depression and then recover I always feel so drained. Like I'm recovering from a nasty trauma or shock.

Still getting the brown spotting but no headache thankfully. Feel incredibly relieved to feel lighthearted again but God these ups and downs are really taking their toll on me.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2015, 08:42:50 PM »

Day 27:

Slept well right through from 11.15 to 6.45am, with no waking so really can't complain. Woke feeling rested and calm, basically 'normal'.

Felt good all day. Calm and centered and quite productive. Getting satisfaction out of getting things sorted at work. Looked forward to coming home and putting my feet up after cooking a nice dinner. I know it doesn't sound all that special but these sort of 'normal' days don't happen that often for me so I really treasure them so much.

The brown spotting is STILL here but very slight. I'm wondering if my nasty, sudden anxiety and depression these last few days were somehow linked to my natural cycle because it was when I 'should' have had a withdrawal bleed (but didn't because I went straight onto the 2nd pack).

But the brown spotting did get more for 3 days or so, with some fresh blood too. Plus a few nasty headaches and of course the sudden anxiety/depression.

B
A couple of years ago before I twigged I was peri I noticed that my PMS was getting much more severe and I was struggling with a real deadening depression for 10-12 days per month.

Really enjoying feeling 'good' again and I'm hoping I am more emotionally stable on the 2nd packet.

Briony

« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2015, 09:30:38 PM »

That's good news. A decent night's sleep helps to maintain a sense of perspective. When I've got into insomnia phases, I've found I blow everything out of perspective. Definitely makes a pants day even worse!

I'm pretty sure my spotting lasted for a few months, but no more. Funnily enough, despite being on the pill, I'm convinced my own cycle was up to silly buggers this month. I bled the day before the blank pills were due.

Out of interest, does anyone know anything about Nuvaring? (Vaginal combined contraceptive ring). Does it serve as HRT as well as a contraceptive? I know the side effects are meant to be less than the pill ... is it less of a risk too?  X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2015, 07:21:31 PM »

Day 28:

Still feeling good. Just nicely normal. This is how I want to feel every day. It's a double edged sword though because I don't know how long it will last? Another hour or another week?

Still got the brown spotting though. But that's a small price to pay.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »

Day 29:

Slept very well. Then pretty much the same as yesterday. Infact I think I feel better than I did yesterday. I truly feel like 'me' again, and I can't tell you how wonderful that feels.

Still got the brown spotting. Plus I am about 11lbs heavier than I was 2 months ago.

Briony

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2015, 10:00:37 PM »

That's so good to hear. Don't worry about the spotting - I think it's quite normal for first few months . Keep posting as others in our position will find it so useful x

Chi chi

« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2015, 07:44:49 AM »

So glad things are still going well for you, hope it continues  :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17