Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Connection between hot flush and needing to use the bathroom?  (Read 19420 times)

This could potentially be a really odd question, but I'll ask it anyway... ;)

Today I felt my stomach churn and I needed, kind of hastily, to go have a BM. Not diarreah exactly, but I needed to go FAST. Right afterwards I felt my face getting warm. I believe I'm one of those that get very mild hot flushes (face and neck will feel warm for a while - kind of feverish).

Is there possibly a connection between hot flushes and needing to use the toilet, or was this just a weird coincidence? Anyone else experienced it?

Taz2

Re: Connection between hot flush and needing to use the bathroom?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:55:56 PM »

It's the sudden rush of adrenaline I think. My own experiences were definitely a feeling of maybe needing to go to the loo just before a hot sweat hit. For the first couple of years it was just a little bit of warmth around neck and face and then it changed to full flushes and sweats. Sounds normal to me although I didn't always have to actually go to the loo. Once the flush started then that feeling disappeared.

Taz x

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »

I get the other round.  I get a flushed feeling and need to go

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:02:19 PM »

I get them on the loo  ::)

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »

I get them on loo too. Heavens, the strange things that happen to our bodies. We should come with a warning. Danger of self combustion.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »

How awful.  HORMONES  >:(

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 04:14:55 AM »

And I thought that I asked something really weird... Now hen you say it, I think that I've actually gotten them while on the toilet too.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:46 AM »

No such thing as a weird question here  ;D

Honeyb
x

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »

Hello 20032003.

Yep, me too. I don't know if it is significant but I also never have really severe hot flushes, I get a sweaty back and underarms but that's all. I've never had the type of sweats that leave you dripping wet, even at night. Also when I was younger always experienced loose bowels on day two of my period so hormones definitely had an impact then. Oh the joys of being a woman!

Best wishes to you.

K.   

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »

Just a thought......How many of us had bowel problems in our younger days when having a period.

I always had the runs during a bleed, it was very unpleasant.

Honeyb
x

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:23 AM »

Just a thought......How many of us had bowel problems in our younger days when having a period.

I always had the runs during a bleed, it was very unpleasant.

Honeyb
x

I do - still. I'm 46 and still have my period, even though it's acting weird these days... I've always had stomach problems in relation to my period, to the effect that I've been pondering endometriosis.

Greenfields

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 10:04:16 AM »

I recall reading a book a good few years back that made a link between hormonal changes just before a period and bowel movements - and that it's normal for one's bowel movements to become looser just before a period - it's related to hormonal changes.

When I used to suffer from panic attacks in my twenties and thirties, I often found I had to run to the loo for a bowel movement either during or after the panic attack - so the link to adrenalin and its impact on bowels makes sense to me.  For a while I also experienced irritable bowel syndrome which meant that I had to go to the loo more frequently.  I was prescribed Lomotil tablets to use as needed and they did help a lot.

I don't have issues with my bowels now (aside from those arising from the HRT) and, aside from the panic attack I had in March this year, I've not had panic attacks for decades either.

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 10:48:56 AM »

Oh those horrid runs, especially at beginning of a period. One poor girl I worked with used to be violently sick every month.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 11:12:07 AM »

Oh those horrid runs, especially at beginning of a period. One poor girl I worked with used to be violently sick every month.

:( ... It was BAD for me too when I was in my 20s-mid 30s. I would have cramps so bad that the only thing to do sometimes was pacing the rooms for hours. Couldn't stand being still, and moving around seemed to help a little. I would also have diarreah, stomach pains and nausea (never vomited, though).

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »

I had awful cramps too. Problem was my periods were all over the place. So I'd be in pain for weeks at a time.  Told it would be easier once I had kids. Eh, no.
Pages: [1] 2