Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Connection between hot flush and needing to use the bathroom?  (Read 19415 times)

peegeetip

Re: Connection between hot flush and needing to use the bathroom?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 01:22:41 PM »

Unfortunately we have est and prog receptors all over our body.

We have them in our stomach, small and large intestines.

So if we get drops and surges whilst in peri/meno then they can either bung us up or leave us looking for the toilet quicker than we might like. Same goes for when we go for a pee, lack of estrogen diminishes our abilities in that area too.

Adding Estrogen back in can resolve a lot of these problems and make things much more stable.

:-*

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »

Funnily enough I was reading this article just the other day about the link between hormones and IBS https://www.med.unc.edu/ibs/files/educational-gi-handouts/IBS%20and%20Hormones.pdf  I think it says (haven't re-read it) that in older age i.e. after the menopause IBS can often disappear in women but not in men.

Taz x

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »

Funnily enough I was reading this article just the other day about the link between hormones and IBS https://www.med.unc.edu/ibs/files/educational-gi-handouts/IBS%20and%20Hormones.pdf  I think it says (haven't re-read it) that in older age i.e. after the menopause IBS can often disappear in women but not in men.

Taz x

Interesting. I do wish that they had included some more info on IBS and  peri in their study, though.My problems now seem more chaotic than cyclical.... Right now I'm on the constipated side, but I guess that actually mskes sense since I've also noted ovulation type stretchy mucus....
Pages: 1 [2]