Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Progesterone tablet  (Read 1978 times)

Smokey

Progesterone tablet
« on: April 19, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »

Hi

Can anyone advise me on Progesterone tablets please.

I've been prescribed Northestone tabs together with estrogen patches as I've increased my Hrt from 50 to 75 doctor said progesterone do not come in patch form at that dose.
I know I have to take them for 14 days to create a bleed, but instructions don't say when.
Would it be after my patches finish or during the last 14 days? Or are they taken on their own after ? I am on everol sequil.

Many thanks x

Taz2

Re: Progesterone tablet
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »

I would think that you are supposed to take it at the same time as you take the progesterone containing patches of your sequi - the last fourteen days. Then, when you stop both, you should get a withdrawl bleed.

Taz x

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:33:48 PM »

Thanks Taz

I was taking Evorel sequil patches with oestrogen only for the first two weeks and combination of oestrogen and progesterone in the last two, so I should be taking the Northestone tabs during the last two weeks remaining with my estrogen patch is that what you mean?

Annx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 05:58:55 PM »

That seems to make sense to me. You have upped your oestrogen so your GP obviously thinks you need the extra progesterone to trigger enough of a bleed to keep your womb lining thin. The bleed happens when you stop the progesterone so I would think you need to take it at the same time.

Taz x