Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Confused and depressed  (Read 2366 times)

chrisbarnes1

Confused and depressed
« on: April 15, 2015, 02:38:01 PM »

I am so confuse and depressed.
I am 48 and have been in peri menopause for several years. I currently have about 2 periods a year. When I do, they are horrid. Not the bleeding, the depression. My entire life I have had severe depression with ovulation. The closer it got to the actual period, the better I felt. So I know it has been the progesterone increase with the ovulation that has made me miserable. When I do not have periods for 6 mos I have hot flashes but MENTALLY I feel GREAT!
So, when I don't have periods, my progesterone level is low but is my estrogen level also low? Or am I feeling so good because my estrogen level is high?
I have had abnormal bleeding for 3 weeks and the doctor put me on progesterone for 10 days. I am on day 5 and am having suicidal thoughts. I am waiting for her to call me back now.
My main concern here is when I no longer have periods, am I going to feel like I do now in peri menopause or am I going to want to kill myself? I'm not joking. Please someone explain this to me. I feel like my doctor is back and forth. I told her that I feel better emotionally in peri menopause than I ever have in my life and said why doesnt she just give me a hysterectomy so I can be done. Her response was, if you felt bad with normal hormonal flexuations your whole life, if I remove ALL of the hormones you will be 100times worse! Is that true? I think it's proven that I can not take the progesterone. My two previous blood test were very high 50ish Lutinizing hormone so she said I haven't ovulated in a long time. Doesn't that mean I have t had progesterone for awhile? What the heck is going on?
PLEASE HELP!

Annie0710

Re: Confused and depressed
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 03:14:43 PM »

I don't know the answer but just to let you know someone will be along to answer

I really feel for you ((hugs))
Xx

dazned

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »

:welcomemm: chrisbarnes1

Just to say you are in the right place for answers ,you are not on your own anymore with these horrible things called hormones  >:(

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along to offer you advice in the meantime read all the posts and above tabs get all the information there too

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »

Hello chrisbarnes1 and welcome to the forum.

As Annie and dazned have said someone knowledgeable will be along shortly to advise you, so don't despair. Also I wonder if you would benefit from putting your question to Dr Currie? I understand it costs £25.00 to email her and other ladies on the site have used this service and been helped by her.

I completely sympathise with your situation and sadly it is not unique, especially at this time in our lives.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Let us know what your GP suggests and keep posting, we will give you all the help we can.

Take care and sending hugs.

K. 

Sphere27

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 06:03:27 PM »

Totally sympathise.
Will be interested to know too. I'm at different stage as my periods stopped. I'm on hrt but want to know if it's the pro or oes in the hrt making me so miserable. Definately email Dr Currie. I've done so before and very helpful but find I have constant questions!!
Hope you get the advice you need.
Take care x