Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Flat as a pancake!!  (Read 3760 times)

Sphere27

Flat as a pancake!!
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:57:01 AM »

Hi
Been on before talking about my new hrt regime. I've now been on utrogestan 100 nightly along with oestrogen tab 2 mg. both continuous! Had been in femoston conti which I loved but crashed after 9 months. The new combination is what doc Currie had said was nearest to what I was taking but higher oestrogen.
Been on a month which I know is not much. But my mood seems to be worse. Waking in morning feeling very flat! Mood won't lift and can't be bothered doing anything! Normally at gym 4-5 times. Per week! Not been for 3 weeks! Foods I normally like not interested in. Anxiety slightly less but still lurking. Really thought I would be feeling slightly better. Think I may have to stop this. Anyone else had similar? My gp nice but really goes by what I guide her to do. But I really need guidance at moment as really not my usual self!!😫

MrsMopp

Re: Flat as a pancake!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice as to your medication but wanted to say I can empathise with you.

That doesn't sound right at all.

When you say you crashed after 9 months of Femoston, what exactly went wrong?

SueRoe

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 10:46:28 AM »

Sphere27, Oh dear, how disappointing for you. One of the side effects of progesterone (Utrogestan - see the side-effects list on the leaflet) is depression. Progesterone is known to make us feel calm/flat. Maybe you just don't get on with this form of progesterone. As you say, one month isn't long, but when you feel so low the thought of waiting to see if things improve isn't attractive. I recently stopped HRT altogether because of low or erratic moods and feeling demotivated and unable to get up in the morning and I feel much more stable and motivated. I suppose you've got 4 choices - stick with it; go back to your GP; stop the HRT altogether; stop the Utrogestan for a while and see if your mood improves (though this might bring on a bleed). In your shoes I'd do the latter. Others will probably have advice for you too, most problems brought to this forum have been experienced by someone else! Hope you feel better soon.

Sphere27

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 11:16:56 AM »

Thanks
Basically after 9 months bad headaches, the anxiety, moods, no energy came back after feeling
So good for 9 months.
Thinking to try and go back to femoston and see if reducing the doses helps.
Today I feel even worse and have had to go back to bed!!
I'm someone who is normally busy busy. In the gym and eating well.
This feeling sucks!!

Poppyflower

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 04:35:39 PM »

Since you are taking your estrogen and progesterone separately, i think this is the perfect opportunity to see if perhaps you do not tolerate progesterone that well. Maybe you should just try your patch for a month or two to see how you get on, and that would give you an idea. We do that here in Canada at times when we are beginning HRT, start on estrogen for 2-3 months then add in progesterone after estrogen levels increased, maybe that would work for you? I also have been feeling quite low lately and am going to switch to seperate estrogen and progesterone to try and figure it out!! Good luck and hope you feel better soon :)

Sphere27

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 04:55:04 PM »

I'm on tablets and I'm post menopausal. Last period neaRly 3 years ago at 47. I think I need to have both to stop womb lining building up.
Thanks

Sphere27

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 05:15:27 PM »

I'm going to gp tomorrow. Managed to get cancellation. Not taking my
Dose tonight. Spent all day in bed! This is so not me. Been reading and friends
Giving input. What about tibilone hrt? Anyone on this and with what results?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »

If you do a search for the product I think you will find it - I always read it as Toberlerone  ::)

If you have a womb I think you require progesterone to clear it out …… but maybe that can be done less often?  Lots of ladies have problems with this stage of HRT  :(