Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: woke up early with a feeling of hopelessness.  (Read 15151 times)

honorsmum

Re: woke up early with a feeling of hopelessness.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 08:25:07 PM »

Thanks Bee.
I am learning, through mindful meditation, not to dwell on my feelings. I'm usually a vibrant person (according to friends), full of life and ideas and plans - my phrase used to be " life isn't fast enough!" - So it's very scary to wake up, overwhelmed by feelings of utter bleakness.
Unfortunately, I saw my dad go through a complete breakdown after he retired - he ended up being admitted to a mental health unit in hospital for several weeks - so that is my biggest fear.

My children are my absolute everything - without them, I'd be lost. <3

BrightLight

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 09:52:29 PM »

You will get back your get up and go BrightLight,  all women go through this this soul searching, emotionally and physically as hormone levels change, even if you 

decide not to take HRT it will get better, but even then you will have times when you will flag I know I have.

As you say you are going through it sooner then women who have their mid life change later and its hard, but you have so much to self knowledge to get you through this.

I have never got back completely my laid back calm and anxiety free state of mind though, well not since I had my hysterectomy and have just had to except this is me now, but I will settle for what I am now  :) 

You will be OK.

http://writehealth.co.uk/living-with-zest-creativity-and-menopause/

Thank you :)

LeeJane

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 06:44:10 AM »

Heartfelt thanks for all the posts here.  I feel so much more 'normal' now.

I am 51 and find myself happy pottering around at home, making nice meals for DH and myself.  Quiet chatting with him over a cup of tea.  Bit of reading, bit of telly.  Have no interest in large gathering, in fact I don't think I could attend them anymore.  I enjoy a quiet chat with my friend a couple times a week.   We always go nice and early so the café is empty!

I used to thrive in noise and crowds.  Cant be bothered with them now.  Also used to love feisty banter.  Is just exhausting now.

I had assumed something was wrong with me but thing is, I like being this way.  I much prefer it to racing about. I like the quiet and contentedness of life now. 

I have hormonal swings where I feel hopeless but I know that is my hormones, and that it will pass, and it always does. 

I am much more assertive at saying no now.  I was rather a people pleaser before.  Not now.  That is a big bonus of the meno for me.

:)

Sarai

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »

This has been a lovely thread to read as I sit at my home pc, doing my 'work'. I'm self employed luckily with hubby at home too who holds me up. I've been through hell these last months and now can't separate true depression and anxiety from hormone related stuff. I'm 53, thought I'd gone into meno, was doing ok until all the upset. Now its all back, and some. I went and bought star flower oil yesterday as I must still need something.
Mornings are killing me, I can feel ok in bed mood wise and not shaky but open my eyes in the morning and oh the anxiety and sadness. Trouble is I feel weak for hours and light headed. I know if I could do a load of hoovering I would feel better but I feel so weird. I'm on antidepressants and propranolol again.
I want to take natural things I am too scared for HRT, plus I don't feel its wise as I have a blood clotting disorder so I personally don't want to risk it.
Sitting here now typing I could cry, I hate all this so much. We tried doing nice things, flowers in the house, little walks, little trips out, but I cant bear noisy places everything seems just too overwhelming for me. I dont know what else to do.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 10:42:16 AM »

Sarai   :hug:
I have had some bad bouts of depression when life stresses have been too much. Try to pamper yourself a bit.
DG x

dahliagirl

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 11:08:16 AM »

Last weekend, I had a lovely (and probably quite tiring) time visiting my daughter.  When I got home, I didn't want to cook, was cross and grumpy, didn't want to watch television with my husband, felt I was saying the wrong thing about everything, was stupid, had wasted my life and didn't want to get up in the morning - ever.

Then I realised I had not taken my vitD3 supplement for a week.  ::)

I started taking this when my bloodtests came back showing my levels were a bit low (not anywhere near deficient though) and after 6 weeks, I felt different in a surprisingly nice way.  I now know that as well as for bone health you need it for joints (my painful aching went) and to use thyroxine properly in your cells.  So you can end up with hypothyroid symptoms.

When I forgot to take them over Christmas, I started aching again, and felt low.  Really, my levels should be topped up now, in theory, but that clearly has not happened.

I am sure it is probably a good idea to regularly check your diet and exercise, as it is hard to see when you are missing something sometimes. I think my downfall was going too low fat and reducing dairy to reduce my blood cholesterol levels. I am going somewhere sunny this summer  ;)

honorsmum

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 11:17:41 AM »

I'm glad this thread has given some reassurance to people.  :)

No sign of my period, but I have felt much better the last couple of days.
Dahlia Girl, I have recently started taking Vitamin D3. It's a high strength one, so I've only been taking it every other day - maybe I'll increase it to daily.
I also take vitamin C, B, probiotics, magnesium, fish oil and some other things to help heal my gut (I have Crohn's) and I definitely feel better generally than I did before Christmas.

Kathleen

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 06:28:27 PM »

Hello ladies.

I can identify with so much of what has been said it's scary!

There is a view that Vitamin D is actually a hormone in its own right and perhaps that would explain its power.

Sending hugs to everyone travelling this bumpy road.

Take care.

K.

Lindilou

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 08:30:14 AM »

Last weekend, I had a lovely (and probably quite tiring) time visiting my daughter.  When I got home, I didn't want to cook, was cross and grumpy, didn't want to watch television with my husband, felt I was saying the wrong thing about everything, was stupid, had wasted my life and didn't want to get up in the morning - ever.

Then I realised I had not taken my vitD3 supplement for a week.  ::)

I started taking this when my bloodtests came back showing my levels were a bit low (not anywhere near deficient though) and after 6 weeks, I felt different in a surprisingly nice way.  I now know that as well as for bone health you need it for joints (my painful aching went) and to use thyroxine properly in your cells.  So you can end up with hypothyroid symptoms.

When I forgot to take them over Christmas, I started aching again, and felt low.  Really, my levels should be topped up now, in theory, but that clearly has not happened.

I am sure it is probably a good idea to regularly check your diet and exercise, as it is hard to see when you are missing something sometimes. I think my downfall was going too low fat and reducing dairy to reduce my blood cholesterol levels. I am going somewhere sunny this summer  ;)

How do I know if I'm vitamin D3 deficient, my doc isn't one for doing tests on things like vitamins.  If I bought some what strength do I start with?  I have multi vitamins which contain vitamin D2 at 10ug (whatever a 'ug' is)

honorsmum

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 09:16:04 AM »

Lindilou - most people in the UK are deficient, apparently, because we don't get enough sun.
I have 4000ug tablets, which I take every other day. I have read of people taking 10,000ug and more - so I'm sure if you took D3 on its own in a decent strength (2000ug), it wouldn't do any harm.

Lindilou

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2015, 09:26:05 AM »

Lindilou - most people in the UK are deficient, apparently, because we don't get enough sun.
I have 4000ug tablets, which I take every other day. I have read of people taking 10,000ug and more - so I'm sure if you took D3 on its own in a decent strength (2000ug), it wouldn't do any harm.

Thanks  ;)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2015, 09:29:31 AM »

I take 10ug which is about 400 I.U. which is deemed 200% RDA. DG x

honorsmum

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 09:38:39 AM »

Thanks  ;)

DG is correct - the doses I gave above are iu, not ug. My mistake.

dahliagirl

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2015, 09:58:58 AM »

I take 25 ug, which is what my doctor recommended and is the higher dose to get you back up to a normal level within 12 weeks.  This is the measurement used that you will see in most British supermarkets and chemists.  The usual health food store will have it written in iu (the one with all the 0000000000s) as well.  NICE  have encouraged stocking of low cost vitD supplements after several high profile cases of vit D deficiency.

I had my test as part of a group of tests for arthritis, which my practice nurse suggested I ask for, when I was hurting so much.    I will go to 10ug like DG, when I have run out of my stock and hopefully there will be more sun by then, too.  This is probably a good dose to take routinely over winter, as there is just not enough sunlight between October and April.

Most of the cheaper tablets come with calcium which does not absorb well.  I may try a spray oil one next, if I can get hold of some.  I have noticed that stocks have got a bit low in many shops now.

Dulciana

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »

I'm thinking about taking VitD myself.   What are the benefits?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4