Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 39767 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »

I feel anxiety around and below my belly button. Can't describe the sensations though  :-\ ………. then my head starts 'what if this doesn't go away' and then my legs get weak and my heads feels light  :-X bug..r it  :cuss:

Hurdity

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 06:38:11 PM »

dulciana - I'm just like that! Exactly!

karenja - it could be the norethisterone building up in your system - it can cause these types of symptoms in some women - like pms/pmt perhaps? The withdrawal bleed should happen just after you stop the last combi patch and go back to the oestrogen only patch - when you might experience your usual pmt symptoms before the bleed. Some women get the bleed shortly before the end of the combi part, and some women don't get a bleed at all. It all depends where you are on the meno journey.

Hurdity x

dulciana

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:30 PM »

Hurdity - oh, poor you!!  But it doesn't half help me to know I'm not alone in this.  Thank you so much for posting - I feel able to look forward again.   I hope sharing this  might have helped you too.   :foryou:

karenja

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:28 AM »

Hi Honeybun

I know exactly how you feel, Im meant to take my mum to lunch today and have woke up feeling awful, and they I worry and that starts the anxiety, Im off work this week meant to relax but yesterday afternoon I had only been hovering and a hot sweat came over me and headache and I just felt awful (Im on last week of everol sequi) second month, so combined patch, I woke this morning feeling the same, Ive had a few good days prior, Ive also had no bleed as previously mentioned, but its put me off going out today as I don't know how Im going to be, it get you down :( x

vanessa spain

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »

hi yeah im the same just thinking of having to go shopping etc i worry how im going to feel when im out it seems to be anything at the moment and it just takes the pleasure out of everything its so un fair you se people walking around doing things and being happy the only thing i can say is the mitrazraprine im taking have calmed me down but i hate taking them but for now i feel i have no choice all my friends are going out for meals etc but i just cant go and i know they dont understand you can tell the things they say but i have got to the stage where i wont put myself through it anymore i know its sounds like giving in but thats the way i feel vanessa spain xx

dulciana

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2014, 12:30:39 PM »

These days, it really unsettles me if I don't get a reply back from folk I've contacted.  The temptation to contact them again, to see if everything is all right, is hard to resist.  But then I probably look pathetic if I try too hard to get a reassuring reply from them.   Oh dear, am I the only one like this? ???

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »

Vanessa - do what you need to in order to stay calm and not have the awful anxiety surges.  This part of our Life is when we take care of us and stop worrying about what others think  ;) .........

Dulciana - it's you who is feeling sensative, they probably don't give you a thought until your next conversation,  ;) , I am sure that folk aren't sitting there thinking about what you said, did etc..     I get over it by phoning or sending an e-mail ..........

dulciana

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2014, 01:13:34 PM »

Yes, thanks for this advice, CLKD.  You're absolutely right.   Must try and pull myself together.  (There should be a Smiley for that!)  Oh Deary McLeary.  I used to be sensitive but now I'm like a bubble waiting  to burst.   Even Hubby puts all this down to hormones.   

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2014, 01:17:41 PM »

Have 1 of these  :kick:  ;) - sensitivity comes with the territory very often.  A psychlogist once asked me 'why do you think that you are so important that everyone will be thinking about you?'  that really hurt but she was probably 'right'  ::)

Make the 1st move - ring/e-mail and start up conversation, people have their own worries so y/ours will be right down the list  :D

babyjane

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »

CLKD when I had CBT my psychotherapist said exactly the same thing and she was also right. People have far too much to be thinking about with their own lives to be thinking about me, it is a form of vanity to think everyone is bothered about me. In this respect I am very like my narcissistic grandmother and I am tryng oh so very very hard to be different because I don't want to end up like her.  some of it also comes from my mother's constant mantra throughout my childhood of 'what will people think'? that taught me that people will be thinking............. ::) 

socalgal14

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2014, 02:20:11 PM »

Karenja, you mentioned that you're off work this week. How does anyone manage to keep their job? I have missed quite a few days in the past 2 months, since this whole ordeal started. The anxiety attacks, feeling anxious, are so overwhelming at times. I dread getting in the car and driving to and from work. I am so glad I found this site because I was going crazy, feeling frustrated. This site reassures me I'm not the only one going through this and my symptoms are not unique, which I'm glad because we you mention to other people about your symptoms, they've never experienced, it's hard for them to understand.

I'm 43 years old and I started with these symptoms 2 months ago and my last bleed was 8 months ago.

karenja

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »

Hi Socalgal 14

It nice being off this week and Im glad as have had a few funny moments, but when Im working its hard some mornings I really don't want to go in, but I have to push myself as I cant loose the job as it pays the mortgage, Im sure others are in the same positon, since this started twice Ive had to call an ambulance, as I had panic attacks and palpatations and chest pains so bad I was terrified, even this morning I woke up sweating (hasn't happened for a while now twice in two days though yesterday It was after hovering, today Id woken up from sleep) I felt sick, headachy and then it escalates I think somethings wrong, somethings going to happen, I don't know what heart attack, stroke whatever, its the anxiety its really awful, this site is a godsend, to know that other people are going through the same things as you x

Kathleen

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2014, 03:46:07 PM »

Hello ladies.

I just wanted to chip in and say that I am also fed up with this whole anxiety business. Mine takes the form of feeling on edge most of the time, I then have panics when I think " Oh no, how will I cope with xyz when I feel like this". I also feel terrible in the mornings and find it very difficult to tolerate people. That's all people by the way, children, the elderly, teenagers, my husband ( sometimes especially my husband ). I used to be so amenable and now I feel irked all the time. Heartily sick of it...

Take care ladies, at least we have each other.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »

Babyjane: as we grow up how people view us is important: remember how we felt in our teens - boys/older people/teachers etc., we all need to be validated so being 'in' was important as we went through our growing years.  Then if we move to a different area and have to begin over with neighbours/work colleagues/friends ……… we tend to do our best to be 'in' ……. old habits die hard  ::)

Now I don't worry so much what people think.   Although I did buy a jacket recently, wore it twice and felt good - however, DH told me yesterday he doesn't like it  :D so it's gone to Charity …….. otherwise, what others think  ::) ……….  I also tend to say what I like ……….. means I have to weigh my words first though  ;)

If you find you can't go out and about then don't.  Putting ourselves under pressure for others: why do we do it?  Others won't understand unless they have suffered anxiety attacks.  If we had a cold etc. they would see it differently.  If I am asked to do something, i.e. care for the neighbours' cats, I only say 'yes' if they have a back up ! in case ………..

It is difficult to manage.  There is no way why a GP shouldn't prescribe Valium-type medication for emergencies - once I knew that the meds would work when necessary, I didn't need to grab for them!

dulciana

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »

CLKD - you were absolutely right.  Thank you so much for your earlier words, which stopped me making a twit of myself.  It's all come out in the wash. I had absolutely  nothing to worry about, it was all in my menopausal head and I can sleep well tonight.  Me and my imagination!  (Oh well, at least it's useful for music-making!)
 :foryou:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11