Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 735933 times)

Kathleen

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2655 on: August 01, 2021, 03:03:19 PM »

Hello ladies.

Warwick01 - I use Utrogestan vaginally on a continuous regime, along with  Oestrogel and Testosterone.

I am sure other ladies also use it this way and hopefully they will be along soon to add their comments.

Take care.

K.

tgisue

« Reply #2656 on: August 03, 2021, 08:06:58 PM »

Hi ladies,

Can I ask those taking 100mg utrogestan continous and vaginally, is every other day a sufficient dose?

Also if you did take it every day vaginally, could this be bad for you if you are absorbing more than you would orally?

I can't find an opinion online if you can absorb too much vaginally and what the consequences could be.

Many thanks

tgisue

« Reply #2657 on: August 04, 2021, 05:30:44 AM »

Thanks for that Avalon.

Can I ask if your lining thickened on 100mg every day or alternate days?

Many thanks again.

Sue

jag2107

« Reply #2658 on: August 04, 2021, 07:11:36 AM »

Hi interesting to read this Avalon, I take 100mg utro days 1-25 then 3 off and 2 pumps of orstrogel daily , and I’m bleeding not so much on my three days off but half way through the 25 days 🤷🏻‍♀️ Could this mean my dose is wrong ?

Dotty

« Reply #2659 on: August 04, 2021, 09:07:44 AM »

Hi jag2107 the up to date advice is that you take the Utrogestan every day in post menopause. It can take 6 months for bleeding to stop or it could be that your body is not ready for a continuous regime . x

Wannabewell

« Reply #2660 on: August 08, 2021, 12:44:18 PM »

Any thoughts...

I’ve just completed 2nd cycle of oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan.  From around day 24 worse bloating (really big stomach), very low mood episodes, cognitive issues, weakness and lethargic (though I do have ME and also hypothyroidism).  Generally feeling crap (pardon my French).

Will this improve?  My GP isn’t very good regarding menopause or HRT so when three months review it’d be good to know if I need to change anything.  I asked if he’d check my thyroid after three months but he said it’s not needed .. I thought it was?

Also, I’ve had three days spotting and one day very light period.

Thanks.

Hurdity

« Reply #2661 on: August 09, 2021, 08:09:46 AM »

Hi Wannabewell - are you on cyclical or daily utrogestan? Either way your symptoms could be side effects from the utro especially if taking it orally. Your options are to take it cyclically if you're not alrready doing so or hang in there and see if things improve. If you are hypothyroid and menopausal then these could be the reasons for your ME. I would definitely keep checking your thyroid levels and especially if you are getting symptoms which suggest replacement is not yet optimal. Has the gel alleviated some of the menopausal symptoms you eere hoping? Hope you feel better soon.

Hurdity x

Wannabewell

« Reply #2662 on: August 09, 2021, 09:10:15 AM »

Hi Hurdity - I’m on cyclical Utrogestan days 15-26 monthly, taken orally.  I am unsure how to use it vaginally especially as I take 2 capsules.

I’m thinking of hanging on for a cycle or two to see if things settle down.

I’m hoping to get my thyroid checked.

The gel has alleviated night sweats and flushes.  My mood is improved but not as much as during the first cycle, on first cycle I felt happy most of the time and had less anxiety (on Oestrogel part). On second cycle my mood is better than it was but it’s disappointing that I’m not as happy, on the Utrogestan part I’m quite low at times but not as low as I was before HRT.

Wannabewell x

alibeau

« Reply #2663 on: August 09, 2021, 02:03:25 PM »

Hi Hurdity - I’m on cyclical Utrogestan days 15-26 monthly, taken orally.  I am unsure how to use it vaginally especially as I take 2 capsules.

I’m thinking of hanging on for a cycle or two to see if things settle down.

I’m hoping to get my thyroid checked.

The gel has alleviated night sweats and flushes.  My mood is improved but not as much as during the first cycle, on first cycle I felt happy most of the time and had less anxiety (on Oestrogel part). On second cycle my mood is better than it was but it’s disappointing that I’m not as happy, on the Utrogestan part I’m quite low at times but not as low as I was before HRT.

Wannabewell x

Hi Wannabewell,

I am on month 6 or 7 of Oestrogel and Utrogestan, I've lost track! Initially I felt quite a boost from the new regime and then had a tough time around months 4 and 5 and was looking to make some changes.  However I stuck with it (3 pumps of gel and oral Utrogestan 2 x 100mg nights 15-28) and am feeling pretty good again at the moment... I am keeping my fingers cross that this improvement is not just a blip!

So depending on how bad you feel, you might want to stick with it to see if things settle down?

Best of luck.

Ali x

Wannabewell

« Reply #2664 on: August 09, 2021, 05:22:01 PM »

Hi Ali,

Thanks so much for replying with your experience, that’s really helpful. I’m so glad you’re doing well on it at the moment and it offers me some hope. I’ll keep going on this regimen and keep fingers crossed.

Been a bad day today, really low mood and flat energy, so many thanks.

alibeau

« Reply #2665 on: August 09, 2021, 09:12:59 PM »

Hi Ali,

Thanks so much for replying with your experience, that’s really helpful. I’m so glad you’re doing well on it at the moment and it offers me some hope. I’ll keep going on this regimen and keep fingers crossed.

Been a bad day today, really low mood and flat energy, so many thanks.

Awwwww I feel for you. Just take one day at a time, sending best wishes xx

Wannabewell

« Reply #2666 on: August 10, 2021, 09:58:09 AM »

Thanks, I’m trying but it’s difficult at times isn’t it. Best wishes  :) xx

Wannabewell

« Reply #2667 on: August 22, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »

Hi @alibeau

Just a little update to see what you think.

I just started Utrogestan part of my third cycle and I can only describe it as zoning out. My eyes are wide open, I blink less (like staring) and feel incredibly calm and no emotion at all .. just blank. It’s really odd. It’s not pleasant. Have you experienced this?

Has anyone else experienced this?

alibeau

« Reply #2668 on: August 23, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »

Hi @alibeau

Just a little update to see what you think.

I just started Utrogestan part of my third cycle and I can only describe it as zoning out. My eyes are wide open, I blink less (like staring) and feel incredibly calm and no emotion at all .. just blank. It’s really odd. It’s not pleasant. Have you experienced this?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Well, I think I have experienced similar, it comes until an umbrella of feelings that I call the zombie effect.  I have found as the months have gone by (I started this regime in Feb) that these side effects have lessened dramatically.  I still have the odd spell where I feel exhausted, zoned out, 'zombied' but far less often. As always I guess my advice is stick with it?  I know a lot of advice is to stick with it for 3 months but I'm only just starting to feel that everything is settling down at this point..... and I know this is so hard to hear when you are struggling...

Best wishes,

Ali x

Wannabewell

« Reply #2669 on: August 23, 2021, 03:02:19 PM »

Hi @alibeau

Thanks very much for replying, it is reassuring to know that you understand and have experienced similar, and that is has improved. I’ll stick it out, today I’m much less zombie-d though I’m still having exhausted episodes.

Thanks,

xx
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 187