Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 735523 times)

Angelalanzisera

• First Flush
Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2505 on: November 09, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »

Hello I am new to this forum and I find all the messages a bit overwhelming to be honest!  I have just turned 51 and for quite a few months now I have had aches and pains across my chest, top of shoulders, back CONSTANTLY.  And more recently tender breasts.  I still have my period.  I have spoken to my GP twice over the last few months and he says that its 'the change'. He gave me anti-inflamatories but they did not help.  I am not on HRT and don't really want to.  I just want to know if these symptoms are very common whilst going through the change so I can stop worrying so much and think it may be something else. I have had a blood test end of August and everything OK, I had a mammogram also end of August , all OK. I even had an ECG, all OK.  I am so fed up or not feeling like I used and feeling achey all of the time.  I don't have hot flushes and any of the very common menopausal symptoms. I welcome any advice and help.  In these current times, I so miss a face to face appt with GP.  Thank you

sheila99

« Reply #2506 on: November 09, 2020, 03:24:10 PM »

You might find your symptoms go when you're menopausal or they might continue for years, there's just no way of knowing. And although it's likely your aches are from lack of oestrogen there are other causes too. The only way to know for certain is to get your oestrogen levels up and see if they go.

lizzog

« Reply #2507 on: November 22, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »

I’m taking one pump oestrogel x2 a day on upper arms and utrogestan x1 a day continuously with no breaks.
I feel completely shattered- not sure if it’s that? Any suggestions?

lizzog

« Reply #2508 on: November 23, 2020, 07:09:57 AM »

Would it better to take it differently rather than every day?

sheila99

« Reply #2509 on: November 23, 2020, 04:45:19 PM »

I would try it on a cycle to see what happens. If you only feel like this on the utro phase you might try a different progestin. If you don't have a strong cycle of your own you could use a long cycle. I get lethargic on utro too.

lizzog

« Reply #2510 on: November 23, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »

I’m going to speak to my GP to see what she says. I’ve not had a bleed now for a good few months (around 6) but have felt like I was going to start a few times. I’ve had a few night sweats and achey but on the whole not too bad. I just feel a bit zonked  :'(

Dawn20

« Reply #2511 on: November 25, 2020, 08:46:54 AM »

Hello,

I recently started HRT in March, and had been having problems with morning fatigue, that lifted during the day. I have three pumps of Esterogel and  one utrogestan at night. I actually thought I had ME, since I have other unexplained symptoms too.

After reading a post here I realised it was the utrogestan. I am now taking it vaginally, the problem is knowing which dosage to use.

I explained everything to my GP, and she has been great. She really values this forum, and says it’s one of the best around.

The gynaecologist she’s been talking too, has OKed the vaginal utrogestan, but recommends every night. After two weeks of every night I had a bleed, checked out by an ultrasound and everything is fine, and am thinking it should be taken every other night. My GP has asked me to forward any evidence backed research or papers that recommend dosage. Is there any available? I have been going through this thread but so far haven’t found anything....

I realise the newson menopause website recommends this dosage.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, and it’s great having a GP prepared to listen too.

Thanks, Dawn

Dawn20

« Reply #2512 on: November 26, 2020, 10:05:36 AM »

Anyone know of any research/papers about the dosage of utrogestan virginaly ? D xx

SarahJane1234

« Reply #2513 on: December 01, 2020, 05:17:07 PM »

Hello

I've just picked up my first prescription, which is oestrogel pump & utrogestan 100 (to be used vaginally, for the last 2 weeks of my cycle).

My cycle is generally a bit longer than 28 days, and can be irregular anyway, and 'Flo' (app) says I'm on day 33, with my period due in 2 days.  Thinking I will start with 1 tablet tonight, followed by the pump in the morning, and see what happens?

sheila99

« Reply #2514 on: December 01, 2020, 06:13:28 PM »

I wouldn't take the utrogeston yet, it's best when the hrt cycle in step with your own. I don't think it'll make any difference if you start the oestrogel now. If you start utro 14 days before your bleed is due your cycle will stay in step. I have a natural 6 week slightly variable cycle, using a 28 day hrt cycle resulted in bleeds at any time, sometimes twice in a month. I can tell when I ovulate so start utro a couple of days after that.

SarahJane1234

« Reply #2515 on: December 01, 2020, 07:39:58 PM »

I wouldn't take the utrogeston yet, it's best when the hrt cycle in step with your own. I don't think it'll make any difference if you start the oestrogel now. If you start utro 14 days before your bleed is due your cycle will stay in step. I have a natural 6 week slightly variable cycle, using a 28 day hrt cycle resulted in bleeds at any time, sometimes twice in a month. I can tell when I ovulate so start utro a couple of days after that.

thank you

befuddled

« Reply #2516 on: December 01, 2020, 08:19:59 PM »

Anyone know of any research/papers about the dosage of utrogestan virginaly ? D xx

Hi Dawn, just wondered if you found anything?  I asked my GP about this, he looked into it and got back to me saying he is happy for me to use it this way, every other night.  He also gave me the option to use either the Utrogestan 100mg that I already had or to try Lutigest which is a vaginal pessary, (licensed for IVF treatment), same progesterone dose but less leakage.

SarahJane1234

« Reply #2517 on: December 07, 2020, 08:24:07 PM »

Hi again.

would you consider 2 pumps gel, then 1 tablet vaginally in the latter half of my cycle (such as it is) to be a good ratio?  thanks x

Meeka

« Reply #2518 on: December 08, 2020, 01:42:05 PM »

Hi everyone   ,
Just wondered if anyone was having problems getting their oestrogel prescription . I went this morning to collect from the chemist and they say they can’t guarantee they can obtain it as theirs a problem with supply ?

sheila99

« Reply #2519 on: December 08, 2020, 02:13:36 PM »

I got my gel last week, the chemist didn't mention any difficulty.
Sarajane the manufacturer's say 12 days x 200mg utrogeston (so 2 of your 100mg?), if you use less it should be done with medical supervision. Unless you have side effects it might be better to stick to 200mg.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 187