Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 736404 times)

Hurdity

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1005 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »

I did of course mean 25 days not 254!!!

Sorry I can't help with the gel - as I've never used oestrogen gel, only testosterone - but hopefully someone else can answer that. Yes sometimes progesterone does cause pms symptoms but hopefully these will settle? This is why some of us prefer a cycle so that we only have to take it intermittently rather than all the time despite being older (!) ie in our 60's

It certainly shouldn't dry everything up - if you mean your genital area - it should have the opposite effect - but not immediately. Perhaps the sensation is due to the evaporation of the alcohol in the gel cooling your skin?

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #1006 on: June 07, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »

I never thought of the alcohol Hurdity. I noticed there was a lot in there. It's a chill to the bones.

Yes, I mean my genital area, my eyes, and my skin and my hair. All dried. I've noticed my lips and vagina lips both seem to have deflated.  My eyes and skin feel a bit better today. I started on two pumps, but upped to three.  I wondered if there was a drop in estrogen from Femodene, which I guess may possibly have more as its a pill.

I've just tried the ultrogestan vaginally I thought no harm in trying as I was feeling a bit weepy and was tempted to 'just go back on Femodene'

What do you use for the Estrogen?  Do you find the testosterone helps?  I read a German study today where Dhea was recommended along with estrogen/progesterone.

Katia

« Reply #1007 on: June 08, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »

On average how many pumps does everyone use and how long did it take to start working?

Thank you ladies. I'm struggling with this combo and trying to decide whether to give it a bit longer or go up a pump and see

Hurdity

« Reply #1008 on: June 09, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »

Katia - I use patches - not the subject of this thread though! Yes testosterone has helped - there are lots of threads on this - in this section and I have a long running one in the Private Lives section you might like to have a look at.

Hopefully some gel users will be along to tell you about their use. 2 pumps is the standard starting dose - but women vary enormously in how much oestrogen they absorb from a given dose.

if you are suffering from vaginal dryness this might be helped by the systemic oestrogen in the HRT (gel) but you might also want to think about vaginal oestrogen to target tissues in that area specifically?

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #1009 on: June 09, 2017, 03:03:24 PM »

I used 2 pumps until about 2 yrs ago have never had any symptoms on 2 so went down to 1 and still feeling great on 1 with 100mg x 12 days

Katia

« Reply #1010 on: June 09, 2017, 05:53:45 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. I think I'm suffering from everything with it at the moment. I upped to three pumps.  A bit better, but still had symptoms so I wondered about four. I'm thinking some of the problem may be the change from pFemodene and the drop in estrogen.  I'm also wondering how long it stays in the system. At the moment I feel like it's gone in about 10 hours. Thanks for the testosterone info. I'll give it a read.

Katia

« Reply #1011 on: June 09, 2017, 05:55:54 PM »

I have fair thin skin too. I was still getting symptoms with two pumps. I'm also finding it seems to be not staying in my system very long, but it's early days and I probably need to build a bit up.  I'm eating more with it and feeling a bit snappy

Hurdity

« Reply #1012 on: June 10, 2017, 08:11:16 AM »

Hi Katia

I answered on your other thread too - forgot you were the same person :)

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #1013 on: June 10, 2017, 09:07:06 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, I thiught I'd ask on another thread to get opinions from people who tried this combo but changed to something else.

Yesterday I woke quite good, today,headachy, it's 10am and can't drag myself out of bed and meh. I'm not sure if it's this combo, or my own hormones

Is the gel time released or do you get the dose all in one go?  I just don't feel level at all.

Katia

« Reply #1014 on: June 10, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »

Stella Jane I've decided to stick to 3 pumps and see how it goes. I have a feeling it may not be right for me. I had high hopes for the hrt to be superior to the pill but I've had one decent day in a week and have a stinking headache and feel drunk again today.  I trying to give it another week.  It's so hard not to just throw in the towel on it and go back to femodene, to sort everything out. But then this will have to start again.

Hurdity

« Reply #1015 on: June 10, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »

Femodene contains one of the strong synthetic oestrogens so not really comparable with HRT. Give it a bit longer Katia!

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #1016 on: June 11, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »

Thanks Hurdity. I skipped the Utrogestan last night to see if it would help with the debilitating headache and it hasn't. I still feel the same today. I'm using 3 pumps, two at night and one in the morning. The night sweats and hot flushes I can deal with, but the headache, sickness and feeling terrible not so much. I've had a few good hours since going on to HRT. I feel the gel isn't going to be consistently level enough for me. My libido has gone and down below has just dried.

Cassie

« Reply #1017 on: June 11, 2017, 08:50:04 AM »

I dont think you should blame all your symptoms on the gel, its wonderful stuff and seems to work really well for the majority of ladies, of course, there will always be exceptions, perhaps stick it out for at least a month or 2 and see if you settle, it is by far one of the safer hrts, transdermal is considered a far friendlier way of delivering hormones into the system.

Katia

« Reply #1018 on: June 11, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »

I'm wondering if a lot of my symptoms may be estrogen withdrawal. As Hurdity said Femodene is  synthetic and is a pill so will be more potent. Although I thought the pill was higher in progesterone.

Hurdity - do you think it is estrogen withdrawal?  If so do you think I should up to 4 pumps for now?
How long does estrogen withdrawal last?  At the minute, I don't know if I'm having too little or too much.

For the Utrogestan, I'm thinking of going the vaginal route.  Even thought it seems to have the same side effects as oral I'm thinking I won't need the two hours after food so I can take it earlier and won't feel as groggy the following morning.  Am I right, or will the two hour still apply?

The headache seems to have lifted a bit now.  xx

Annie0710

« Reply #1019 on: June 11, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »

I'm a newbie to Oestrogel and 2 weeks into using 2 pumps , I use alternate thighs for testosterone gel and the same for the 2 pumps oestrogel .  My question is 2 pumps is smothering my thigh, so am I right in smearing it on and leave it to soak in or am I meant to be rubbing it in ?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 187