Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730575 times)

Tinkerbellj

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #630 on: June 14, 2016, 09:24:29 AM »

I am a bit emotional and pretty short tempered like bad pms but at least I am not in the loo!

jasmine5

« Reply #631 on: June 14, 2016, 01:42:14 PM »

I've read through the thread but can't find the answer I'm looking for. 

My Gp has prescribed 2 pumps of Oestrogel daily and 100mg of Utrogestan for 14 days.  My question is will I have a bleed when I stop the Utrogestan after day 14? 

As I'm now 58 and have been post-menopausal for approximately 5 years, I really don't want to return to monthly bleeds but what is the alternative?  I used to take it for 25 days along with a patch but had a slight spotting and was referred for a scan etc which all turned out normal.  Is it safe to be taken continously every day of the month and if so why has my Gp prescribed this particular regime for me? 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #632 on: June 14, 2016, 02:09:28 PM »

Hi Jasmine5
Yes you would get a bleed as you have been prescribed a sequential regime.  If you look at the link to a page on this site it explains the different easy of using Utrogestan: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php
Your GP actually hasn't prescribed the licensed regime - maybe because they don't know how Utrogstan should be used but also it is often better to try the sequential regime first to see if this progesterone suits you.   However, many private gynaes do allow there patients to use Utrogestan in different ways.
Have a look at the link I have given you and if you want to go straight to the conti version then you need to get back to your GP with this page printed out to clarify things.  Do expect to get some bleeding and spotting even if you do the conti version as this is quite normal for the first few weeks or even months and Utrogeston isn't as powerful as the other synthetic progesterones so not as good at controlling bleeds and keeping the womb lining thin. Hope that helps.
DG x

Mary G

« Reply #633 on: June 14, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »

Jasmine5, how well do you tolerate Utrogestan, how have you been taking it and do you have any side effects with it? 

I don't know why your GP has moved you onto a cyclical regime but that is a lot of progesterone and if you use it vaginally, I doubt you will get much build up and subsequent bleed.  I think that Utrogestan is strong and very effective at clearance when used vaginally but not when used orally.  I use two pumps of Oestrogel every day but use much less Utrogestan than the amount you have been prescribed and my last scan lining measurement was just 2mm - if it gets any thinner than that, I'll have problems and the gynae told me not to take any more than I am now.  So obviously, I would not personally use Utrogestan everyday on a continous combined basis (it also triggers migraines if I take too much) but if you previously did and without any problems or side effects then I can't see why you should not be able to do this again.  Flexibility is the name of the game!

warwick01

« Reply #634 on: June 14, 2016, 03:14:20 PM »

Hi

Not sure if this question has already been asked...... do any of you ladies notice the Oestrogel get weaker as it gets close to the end of applicator ?? I find it to be weaker, or is it just me??

Also - I'm interested to find out how many Ladies 57 + are using 3 or more pumps of the gel?

Wx

Cassie

« Reply #635 on: June 14, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »

I am only on one pump and a teeny blob extra per day and on 12 days of Utrogestan used vaginally and get a good steady 5 day bleed, last lining was approx 3 mm if I remember correctly. I cannot imagine having to take the Utro daily, I dont enjoy myself in the 12 days I am on it, it makes me moody and bloated and wired up, with  horrible sleep.

Sooby

« Reply #636 on: June 14, 2016, 09:05:16 PM »

Just thought I should let you know that yesterday was the end of my first block of ultrogestan pills. I took them before bed and had no adverse effects despite my initial concerns as a result of reading some of your posts.

No Nausea or paranoia, no husband shaped mound under the patio.......... ;)

This combination seems to be working for me....only disadvantage is as my gp switched my estrogen patches to a different brand when we decided to try the ultrogestan from the evorel sequi, The new patches are nowhere near as sticky and I have to tape them on.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #637 on: June 15, 2016, 01:59:17 PM »

Help! :-\ I am on two pumps if gel and the progesterone from days 15-26. But if I dont have a bleed do I still just count to 28 days start at one again and take the progesterone 15-26 again? Or would it do me any harm to postpone or miss a month of progesterone cuz it makes me feel yuck and I am going on holiday! !! I am supposed to take 200mg but I am struggling with 100 and that is vaginally. If I dont stop eating I will be my own excess baggage on hols xx

Cassie

« Reply #638 on: June 15, 2016, 02:43:21 PM »

how long have you been taking it like this and have you never had a bleed a few days after stopping the Utro?

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #639 on: June 15, 2016, 03:55:15 PM »

Cassie this is my first month taking it. Its horrible. I was using the gel last month and skioped the progesterone cuz I had a special event and I just knew the progesterone worukd give me probs. My period came anyway spot on 28 days so I had a bleed last month. I swapped to using the progesterone vaginally cuz orally was brutal!!

Cassie

« Reply #640 on: June 15, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »

I know its awful. I guess a mth of skipping wont do too much harm, esp if you had a bleed last mth, but I found if I didnt take it regularly I would get a build up of the lining and resultant breakthrough bleeds which are also a nuisance and were a bit of a worry for me. I could not get past a solid 6 weeks of just the gel without a breakthrough bleed if I didnt take the utrogestan when I was scheduled to but hope it works for you. The thing is to try and take it monthly around the same time and to keep an eye on your lining as in a an annual scan to see how things are going, but as I say, if you wanting to go away and to skip a mth, I am sure it cannot do much harm, if its just the once.

Hurdity

« Reply #641 on: June 15, 2016, 04:21:32 PM »

I've read through the thread but can't find the answer I'm looking for. 

My Gp has prescribed 2 pumps of Oestrogel daily and 100mg of Utrogestan for 14 days.  My question is will I have a bleed when I stop the Utrogestan after day 14? 

As I'm now 58 and have been post-menopausal for approximately 5 years, I really don't want to return to monthly bleeds but what is the alternative?  I used to take it for 25 days along with a patch but had a slight spotting and was referred for a scan etc which all turned out normal.  Is it safe to be taken continously every day of the month and if so why has my Gp prescribed this particular regime for me?

Yes the 100 mg dose is for the 25/28 days use or continuous use. Yes it's fine to take it every day but some women as Dancinggirl says, find they still get spotting  - and as you did. If it's only slight spotting then is this a problem?

The licensed cyclical dose is 12 days x 200 mg orally - (or vaginally if sensitive to oral use). Because I use it vaginally I take it on a longer cycle with the OK from my GP and a scan a while ago showed this was OK (but I'm beginning to worry about this a bit now due to my age...). For best control of the endometrium it is better to start with the licensed dose and see how you feel - and then if it is too strong then consult your doctor about varying this - especially if using it vaginally. The problem is many docs are unfamiliar with it and the different dosing that may be effective.

Hurdity x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #642 on: June 16, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »

Does anyone else get mad sweats with utrogestan. Not hot flushes just hot all the time with sweat in my forehead permanenly. And I can't cool down at all!

Keepgoing

« Reply #643 on: June 16, 2016, 12:34:11 PM »

Hi tinkerbell yes I get hot so usually take an extra pump of gel when on utro that seems to do the trick for me xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #644 on: June 20, 2016, 07:25:43 AM »

Does anyone know what u do if u stop the progesterone on day 26 amd u dont have a bleed? Do I  just count to day 28 then go back to 1 again amd begin the progesterone on day 15. Hope this makes . sense?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 187