Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 738356 times)

Trufflecat

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #615 on: June 13, 2016, 08:53:56 AM »

Hi DG. Believe me I am delighted with the improvement in my PMS symptoms. I really am. My GP agreed for me to use Utrogestan for 7 days only as I seem to be intolerant of progesterone, I was just wondering whether to take it at the same point each month at which my body appears to insist on producing its own?

ruthae

« Reply #616 on: June 13, 2016, 09:07:05 AM »

Hi Trufflecat

I'm on a higher dose than you 3 pumps of gel and 200mg utro for 12 days. although I had bad reaction to other types of progesterone. I think I am in Peri still and so when I started taking utro I didn't bleed when I should have but instead had a breakthrough bleed a 10 days later.  So I decided to take the next lot of utro so that the course  finished 28 days after the break through bleed. I did doubt whether it would work as my periods had been very irregular but so far now on next bleed it seems to have worked.  You might want to run it past your gp but what you are saying makes sense to me.  i still got bad pms emotional stuff just before bleed but a BIG improvement on previous 18mths. Good luck xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #617 on: June 13, 2016, 09:08:43 AM »

Ok so have been on one pump of gel. Def feeling slightly better but not exactly jumping thru hoops. Started the utrogestan two dsys ago and its horrible. Feel sick really upset tummy and vomited this morning. Supposed to be take 200mg day 15-26 I am thinking of switching to vaginally.  So deflated. Ffs why can this not just work. I am upping my gel to two pumps anyway but anxiety is still bad and the muscle pain is still off the scale and fatigue is unreal

Trufflecat

« Reply #618 on: June 13, 2016, 09:16:31 AM »

Two pumps is the usual dose, so it wouldn't seem excessive to try that. Could you actually have a tummy bug though?

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #619 on: June 13, 2016, 09:25:37 AM »

Def no bug. I used to get dodgy tummy before my period was due and I had to switch to transdermal  gel because most things taken orally upset my tummy. Thats why im thinking vaginally for the utrogestone although my hrt clinic said its not licenced for use that way but I know ladies on here take it like that amd proff studd advocates it too. Just fed up 20 months of this. I have no life and my children need their mummy

Trufflecat

« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2016, 09:45:50 AM »

That's not great x Sounds like vaginally would be better

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2016, 11:29:40 AM »

Thanks trufflecat! Feeling spaced out and weepy so will try vaginally tonight! ! X

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #622 on: June 13, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »

Thanks trufflecat! Feeling spaced out and weepy so will try vaginally tonight! ! X

Keepgoing

« Reply #623 on: June 13, 2016, 01:32:12 PM »

The utro upset my tummy as well so I now take vaginally which is much better as the months go on you do feel better. My aches and pains took about 3 months to almost vanish but I am up to 3 pumps of gel and defo feel better for it I'm peri too...hang in there xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #624 on: June 13, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »

Thanks keepgoing u ladies rock x

Trufflecat

« Reply #625 on: June 13, 2016, 03:32:10 PM »

Keepgoing, how much Utrogestan  are you on?

Mary G

« Reply #626 on: June 13, 2016, 03:37:13 PM »

Trufflecat and Tinnkerbellj, I would add that nobody has even come close to being able to come up a reasonable, logical explanation as to why the NHS does not licence the use of Utrogestan vaginally.  I couldn't care less because I am going to use it vaginally anyway but why don't they just change it?  Just about every other country licences it to be used in this way so why not the NHS?  As you say, Professor Studd and other private doctors do. 

It seems to me that many women should not be using Utrogestan orally at all and of course 50% of it gets lost in your digestive system anyway so it is not as effective as using it vaginally whereby nearly all of it hits the spot i.e. the womb.

Keepgoing

« Reply #627 on: June 13, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »

Hi I am meant to take 200mg for 12 days orally but I actually take 100mg for 10 days vaginally and I do have a decent bleed, because 50 percent is not going through my digestive system and getting lost when taking orally I reckon 100mg does the job as vaginally you get the full 100mg...that's just my reckoning and I'm having no problems that way xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #628 on: June 14, 2016, 06:17:11 AM »

Wow what a difference!  Took 100mg utrogestone vaginally last night amd this morning no sickness no weeping no runny tummy!! Result!

Trufflecat

« Reply #629 on: June 14, 2016, 07:26:53 AM »

Result! I have never used it vaginally, but I think I should give it a try. Hope you have a better day today.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 187