Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 736044 times)

shopping22

• First Flush
Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2775 on: March 01, 2023, 03:56:09 PM »

Hi I have been given Utrogestan and Oestrogel as I have been having panic attacks, Hot flushes and sleepless nights and irregular periods so was told to take the Utrogestan for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off with the 2 pumps of Oestrogel. The first night I took it I woke up with really cold hands and feet and felt dizzy, and my face was burning
  I cant get another appointment with my doctor for a few weeks and not sure to carry on with the HRT ?

Any help would be appreciated

Also am I supposed to use the Oestrogel everyday or just when I take the Utrogestan

Very confused 

Lily102

« Reply #2776 on: March 01, 2023, 05:38:16 PM »

Hi Shopping22,

Sorry to hear about your situation with Utrogestan and Oestrogel. Is this your first HRT treatment? You are at peri menopause stage if you have an irregular period.

How long have you been taking the regime? It sounds like you have just started the oestrogel and not got to the 3rd week when you start taking utrogestan?

The regime suggested for people at peri is as you've been advised so it maybe that you have an allergic reaction OR it maybe that you need to give it more time. I'm on oestrogel and utrogestan and haven't had symptoms like yours. I can't give advise but suggest reading these 2 posts to give you a bit more info on possible causes ahead of seeing doctor.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51309.msg790768.html#msg790768
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=37825.0
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,58973.msg829663.html#msg829663

Lily102

« Reply #2777 on: March 01, 2023, 05:53:47 PM »

Hi Wannabewell.
I have some symptoms similar to you and just posted this today. I don't have answers but maybe some comparable info that might be useful. I was really against using anti-depressants as I actually thought I wasn't depressed. Late last November I ended up going on mirtazapine to help with sleep. It's been brilliant and I wish I'd gone on  it sooner

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65067.msg898210.html#msg898210

HISTORY
Age. 53
Started HRT. Dec  2017
HRT Treatment Evorel 25(2 month), Fem 2/10 (4.5 years). Oestrogel (2 to 3 pumps) and Utrogestan 100g (16 days)

Oct 22 Symptoms: low energy, low mood, slow brain, apathy, tight breathing (couldn't yawn properly for 1 day).

Symptoms 2017: Brain fog, fatigue, low mood, low energy, apathy, awful period cramps for up to 5 hours 1 day during period.

Menopause stage. Think I'm still peri.

Wannabewell

« Reply #2778 on: March 01, 2023, 07:27:28 PM »

Hi Lily,

Thanks for the link, I’ve just had a look.  It’s good to hear about your positive experience with the antidepressant.  I’m going to see how I do on four pumps fo a few months and see how I am.  Definitely one day at a time isn’t it.

CapriCapri

« Reply #2779 on: May 31, 2023, 05:35:58 PM »

I am 53 and peri.  On 5th month of oestrogel (went from 2 to 3 pumps at three month review) and 12 days on/off of utrogestan.  Still exhausted, disengaged with everything, brain fogged and feeling just 'wrong.'  I am trying to keep going and involved with life but................... Is this normal?  I hope to start feeling better soon.

And I hope you all feel the benefits soon too xx

CapriCapri

« Reply #2780 on: June 05, 2023, 03:50:38 PM »

And I am now seeing the pattern of the first few days on the utrogestan leaving me absolutely fatigued.  Knackered like nothing else.  I'm going to give it one more cycle and then go back to the GP.  I feel as if I am dragging myself around today

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
New Migraine treatments [ utrogestan/estrogel support group ]
« Reply #2781 on: September 26, 2023, 12:03:39 PM »

Today I've read an article in the times, Sat 23rd September - in the Body + Soul section.  Apparently there has been a lot of research and now NICE are about to approve new medication and treatments which may be of interest to those who suffer.  Hormonal shifts, particularly oestrogen, are mentioned which has to be a plus. 

Oral Migrane drug - Rimegepant [Vydura] for acute individual migraine attacks. 

Previously an injection it's now a wafer that dissolved under the tongue.  Initially availability may be restricted but is accessible privately - no surprise there then  >:( - the article, by a sufferer Peta Bee, includes other suggestions to control symptoms.

migrainetrust.org

Arty22

• First Flush
« Reply #2782 on: January 12, 2024, 02:34:09 PM »

Hello ladies, I was wondering if anyone can help me.  I am perimenopausal, 53, been on Oestrogen and Utrogestan (12 days per month) for the past 4 years. I'm sorry if this question sounds a bit thick, but will my periods naturally stop on this regime?  I am currently on day 56 from the start of my last period, the latest I've ever been, with only a 'showing' here and there, and the past week what seems like the results of the lining being discharged (sorry to be so descriptive). Is this normal does anyone know or should I visit my doctor?  Many thanks 🙂

Pater01

« Reply #2783 on: January 12, 2024, 02:51:08 PM »

As you have been on this regime for a while and bleeds are starting to slow down, you could go on continuous regime.

Arty22

• First Flush
« Reply #2784 on: January 12, 2024, 03:33:18 PM »

Thank you Pater01

AJ1988

• First Flush
« Reply #2785 on: February 14, 2024, 02:07:54 PM »

Hi ladies

I am on Utrogestan 100mg and x4 pumps of oestrogel daily, slight improvement to my bone density 2 years on, i do not have menopausal symptoms as such but am experiencing a lot of anxiety since starting HRT, is anyone else on the same regime experiencing anxiety?  My consultant has increased utrogestan to 200mg last week.

Hurdity

« Reply #2786 on: February 14, 2024, 05:35:55 PM »

Hi AJ1988

Sorry to hear about your anxiety. Some women experience ongoing symptoms like this when taking a progestogen every day so this could be a potential cause. So do you feel otherwise well ie flushes and sweats banished? Also do you take the utrogestan orally? There can be fewer side effects when taken vaginally though most women would not take it like this on a continuous basis, (there may be some?) but usually cyclically.

Has your progesterone dose been increased due to bleeding or thickened lining? Will be interesting to see how you feel on a higher dose....

Hurdity x

AJ1988

• First Flush
« Reply #2787 on: March 19, 2024, 08:35:14 PM »

Hi, thank you for your reply sorry for the delay I have only just logged back In.
The consultant increased the utrogestanto 200mg at night, she increased this due to spotting which has Not made any difference at all, my anxiety has slightly improved, as for hot flushes etc I don’t get “typical” menopause symptoms anyway as I’m not peri menopausal - I am on hrt for my bones.
Does anyone experience hair loss with the gel? Or hrt in general? I have found since being on hrt that my hair and nails are in terrible condition. Thank you x

Hurdity

« Reply #2788 on: March 20, 2024, 08:51:53 AM »

Hi AJ1988

Oestrogen should help with hair though taking it exogenously (from outside the body) may have a different effect from our own oestrogen). Some progestogens lead to hair loss but usually the more androgenic synthetic ones like norethisterone. Hair loss and hormones is a complex issue with many factors at play.

Also if you're not peri-menopausal it's difficult to say. Are you saying you were having regular periods before starting HRT? If you're not peri and would be menstruating normally if you weren't on HRT then you would expect to have spotting or bleeding  despite taking continuous progesterone (100 mg) because your own cycle would be going on in the background. Is there any reason why you don't take it cyclically to being on a regular bleed?

Have you had other blood tests eg thyroid function, vitamins and minerals etc because hair loss and poor nails can be due to other factors?

Hurdity x

Myfairlady

« Reply #2789 on: March 20, 2024, 12:45:21 PM »

Hi Ladies, I wonder if you can offer me some advice please? I've been on HRT for a few years now (I'm 54). I changed from Evorel Sequi to 100mg Utrogestan and 2 pumps of Estrogel continuous 7 months ago. I take the 100mg Utrogestan orally every evening before bed and sleep like a baby! I've never been a good sleeper so this is heaven sent for me, even though I do wake up really tired.

Around month 5 of the new regime I developed really sore boobs. They go from tender, to painful, they feel fuller/more dense if that makes sense. They seem to be more tender when I wake up, than later in the day.
I thought it may be the estrogel so went down to 1.5 pumps but found that the hot flushes, night sweats started again and I was really forgetful, so I've gone back to 2 pumps.

I was wondering if it might be the Utro causing the tenderness? Would taking it vaginally help do you think? I really don't want to stop this regime as i'm feeling better than I did on the patches.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
With thanks
x
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:48:27 PM by Myfairlady »
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187