Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would you turn back time ?  (Read 10629 times)

ellie

Would you turn back time ?
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:45:29 AM »

If you could turn the clock back , would you do it and why?...I would like to turn it back to when I was 20 and married my first husband, I was too young.

honeybun

Re: Would you turn back time ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 07:57:43 AM »

I would go back to when I first met my husband and do the same thing all over again. This time I would remember to enjoy every minute and not be so "busy" all the time.
My kids are grown up now but to do it all again and have two little ones in the house would be wonderful.
I really would not change much.....a few things, but not much.

Honeyb
X

fiorinda

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 08:06:57 AM »

I do think about this question occasionally, there are a few key points in my life where I made decisions, and I'd love to know how different things might have been if I'd chosen a different path.

For example, when I first left school I went to Art College to study fashion, and I had some vague notion to go on to University to study stage costume and design, but for various reasons (mostly laziness I have to admit) I dropped out half way through my second year in college. I do occasionally wonder what life would have been like for me if I'd continued with that plan.

There are other 'crossroads' moments I wonder about - should I have finished my Psychology degree (told you I was lazy!), should I have been stronger and left my (now ex) husband when I first knew I wanted to and not waited 10 years (but then I'd never have met my fiance, or if I had he'd only have been 11!).

BUT then I consider that I have so many wonderful people and things in my life, and maybe going back and changing even my choice of socks on any given day might cause everything in the now to change, and I'm glad it's not possible. Still like to know if I might have ended up married to some famous actor and living a glamorous luvvie life though!!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »

I would. I'd turn the clock back to when I was about 18.  I didn't feel I had much self confidence and I worried a lot about what other people thought. I never wanted to upset anybody and although I might sound a bit precious, I always put others first.

I look back and I really should have had the sense and strength to have my say and do what I wanted.

Cazikins

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »

I didn't feel I had much self confidence and I worried a lot about what other people thought. I never wanted to upset anybody and although I might sound a bit precious, I always put others first.

That's just how I feel now Pennyfarthing, but nearly 38 years older  ??? ???.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:36:50 PM by Cazikins »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 03:00:30 PM »

I would turn the clock back by about 10 days and not buy a blasted motor home - I never thought I would have such anxiety  :'( - I feel totally trapped  :(

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

I wish I had the fearlessness and confidence I had when younger, these last five, years It seems to have fizzled somewhat.

If I am honest its probably to do with OH not being able or wanting to go on holiday and me worrying leaving him if I went on my own, its the only thing I don't feel confident about.

ellie

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »

:( oh no CLKD what happened? thought you loved your new motor home?

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »

I would turn it back eleven years and follow my heart instead of waiting around until it was right for everyone else! I didn't listen to older friends who said "Do it now before it's too late and you lose your confidence"   How right they were!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »

Never say never Taz.

Perhaps we will all get our confidence back at some point.
I just hope I am not too old to enjoy it.

Although I would not change much about the past there are a few things. Money probably. I wish we had saved more.  Hey ho it wad fun at the time.....Not laughing that much now though.

Honeyb
X

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »

I didn't feel I had much self confidence and I worried a lot about what other people thought. I never wanted to upset anybody and although I might sound a bit precious, I always put others first.

That's just how I feel now Pennyfarthing, but nearly 38 years older  ??? ???.

Sorry to hear that Cazikins. I still tend to put others first (must be the mother in me ::)) but I do try and make a point of doing some things I want to.  I don't really care what people think about me now, so that IS a positive.

Suzi Q

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 04:06:17 AM »

I would turn the clock back by about 10 days and not buy a blasted motor home - I never thought I would have such anxiety  :'( - I feel totally trapped  :(

I love ytou CLKD even if you are trapped by the bloody thing ya gota laugh girl hehehehe
NO just me then who plucks up hahahahaha xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 04:21:13 AM »

I would turn back to when I came home on leave from the WRENS
I worked for my 17 days leave for my Unlce who ran a HUGE disco PUB (72)
I saw this lad amongst lads Id one to school with oh god I thought he was drop dead
He looked just like Ray Davies out of the KINKS saw him a few times but he never spoke to me
Came home 10 weeks later for a month Id had glandular fever same again went to Pub tro work
In he walks second night home OH god my heart pounded my hands sweating could hardly breath
Later that night one of his group came up to me and said would yo go on a date with my mate
I said which one never thinking it could be HIM I mean he was 6/5 so thin long jet black hair
All done in he glitter glam style beigfe trouser beige jkt purple shirt with  those stripy vests
He said him over there it was HIM I said trying to be super cool tell him to come and ask me
HE DID made a date for the Tuesday (sunday htis was)later that night they left
Me and my pal Margaret went along to the after hours club 10/2AM IN nEW bRIGHTON GUINEA
Walked down the stairs had a couple of dances wiht Magie then a hand comes on my arm amd says can I dance with you Music Long Train Running Doobbie Brothers as it finished he pulled me off the floor looked down from his height I have to add he also hd 2inch high shoes
So me 5/2 him 6/7 he bentr down ans kissed me NOT a shove in your mouth kisses but almost like a butterfly kiss I f... melted my head span my legs went He said Im going to marry yoHe then turned me round and he held me round my waist he leaning bac k on the wall me facing
The dance floor no words were said music finished no more dances we just heldf hands he lft his mates he walked me home I said do you still want to see me Tuesday he held my palm upwards kissed it said yes and I strill want to marry you he was just 18 me 19 3mnths later
We were engaged I finished my time in he WRENS 400 miles away took 6 months
Been together ever since yes it was my Bobbles If I could just revisit that night shttttttttt

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 12:20:15 PM »

:bounce:  I remember *falling* in love too  :-* - he's been my Rock!

There are things I have said and a few things I would like to alter  :'(  ...........

kerrieann

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »

silverlady i have the same problem i have always loved my holidays and even last year when i could hardly walk with hip pain i still went  ;D now my other half really doesnt want to go on holiday and says he wouldnt mind if he never went away  but me i would go away as often as i can i still feel the need to to as much as i can with my life before its gone  ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2