Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Does being on HRT lesson hot flushes?  (Read 2713 times)

JeanneA

Does being on HRT lesson hot flushes?
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:11:21 PM »

Could anyone tell me if being on HRT lessons hot flushes compared to not being on HRT?  I suffer with hot flushes during the day and night and would do anything to lesson these horrible flushes.  However I've been concerned about going on HRT due to the health scares.  I would really appreciate some advice thank you.

Limpy

Re: Does being on HRT lesson hot flushes?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 03:19:28 PM »

HRT patches (evorel  conti) work for me with hot flushes.
Prior to those, I had 3 weeks on evorel oestrogen patches (computer misclick by GP!) they were good as well.
Hardly get any now, unless I get a flu type bug.

JeanneA

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »

Hi thanks very much for your reply.  Its good to hear of HRT helping in regards to hot flushes, I'm still not sure what to do though as I'm worried about the breast cancer scare.

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »

It is a concern, but the way I view it, is that we need to think about quality of life.
Hot flushes are not life enhancing!  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »

HRT is only thing which has worked for me. I had a break & was miserable, flushes, sweats etc. I decided quality of life most important to me.

JeanneA

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »

Hi Ladies thanks for your comments, I appreciate what you have said.  I am getting so fed up with these horrible hot flushes.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »

HRT stopped my flushes within two days.

If you read the green menu on the left it has all the up to date information on HRT. The studies are now different to the very flawed study that was done years ago.

Honeyb
X

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »

Yes, yes and yes again! I could not live without my Gel, why dont you try the gel and utrogestan, they are bio identical and work a treat :)

oldsheep

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »

One of the consultants at the meno clinic told me that even a very low dose of HRT should get rid of hot flushes, as they're the easiest meno symptom to control.
You could try a very low dose patch of oestrogen and a low dose progesterone and see if it works? Have you got a good GP or at least one who could refer you to a meno clinic if they haven't a clue about HRT?