Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Amitriptyline  (Read 6526 times)

MINNIE

Re: Amitriptyline
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »

Hi ladies. Like Greyhoundgal, I take 20mgs at night for pelvic pain, and I "zonk" out to a lovely night's sleep! I struggle to get up, but once I am up and about, there are no residual effects. The only thing is, they advise to "avoid alcohol if possible", so too much of "the little glass of wine", is a bit naughty!

MINNIE XXX

JeanneA

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »

Hi minnie thanks for your reply, it's nice to hear of someone else who seems ok on this medication.

daisie

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »

hi jeannea..iv been taking 50mg of amitriptyline for over 4 years now,for anxiety and depression after a break down I had while going through menopause .it has helped me makes me feel a lot calmer and I sleep better.still feel drowsy in a morning but wears off through the day ,,been on different,antidepressants after stopping them ..but I always go back on the amitriptyline..i cant tolorrate the ssri  antidepressants cant take hrt ,so they are the only thing iv relied on ..hope they work for you x daisie

JeanneA

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 02:06:13 PM »

Hi Daisie, thanks so much for your reply, like me then you are from England  :)  I live in Chelmsford, Essex.

I'm pleased to hear amitriptyline works for you.  What time of the day do you take the 50mg, or is it taken over 2 times during the day?  I take mine at nights which helps me sleep.  I have added you to my buddy list, I would like to P.M. you, I guess you have to except my 'friends request' first then can we email privately do you know?

ellie66

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »

I have nerve damage in my shoulder from a shoulder reconstruction. It wakes me up in the night as when I sleep on it for too long it goes numb. Instead of Amitriptyline I take Zispin a newer antidepressant 15mg it helps with the pain and helps me sleep. It is slightly sedative like Amitriptyline. Amtriptyline is horrid so the Pain Clinic suggested Zispin.

Jeanie, I am moving to near you South Woodham Ferrers.  :)

JeanneA

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »

Hi Ellie

I've just invited you to be my buddy!  Moving to SWF, that's where my daughter lives. :-)  Let me know when you move, if would be nice to meet up.  I am only about 30 minutes car drive away from SWF.  Sorry to hear amitriptyline didn't work for you.  I have never heard of Zispin sounds quite a good one.  Do you get a lot of the awful hot flushes?

ellie66

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »

Jeanie, Must eat then I will be online and sort this buddy thing :) Use to have horrid hot flushes but not since I have been on Femston. Yes it would be lovely to meet after we move we are putting an offer on a house in the next 2/3 weeks.

JeanneA

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

Hi Ellie, I've never heard femston did you get that from your doctor?

ellie66

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 06:44:29 PM »

Jeanie, Yes Femston 2/10 is on prescription as HRT.

ellie66

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 06:47:06 PM »

Jeanne, added you as a buddy now  :)

daisie

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »

hi jeannea..I take mine about 7 o clock at night just 1 tablet I have a good nights sleep once I drop off I don't wake while the next morning,not every one can tolerate this med.i cant take the ssri antidepressants tried them make me feel sick ,,how do you add to buddy list x daisie

JeanneA

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »

Hi ladies thanks for your replies and adding me to your buddies list hope we can catch up later?  :)  Is there a chat room on this site??

daisie

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »

hi jeanneA.i found the buddy list and added you..don't think theres a chat room..x daisie

JeanneA

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »

Hi Daisie I've just replied to your email.  No don't look like there is a chat room on here.  Never mind we can communicate via email.  Thank you for making me your friend.   :)

Jeanne
Pages: 1 [2]