Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 222

Author Topic: what are we cooking tonight ?  (Read 456902 times)

coldethyl

Re: what are we cooking tonight ?
« Reply #705 on: January 15, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »

Because my Christmas dinner tasted of salt due to chemo , I thought I'd recreate it today with a big chicken and all the trimmings , forgetting that today is exactly the same stage post chemo as Xmas day . Salty stuffing anyone?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #706 on: January 15, 2017, 03:12:04 PM »

Oh I hope it tastes wonderful coldethyl. Could you add more onion, blk pepper and herbs to the stuffing to try to heighten the flavours? x

coldethyl

« Reply #707 on: January 15, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »

Nothing you can do ER as it's just the effect of the chemo on the mouth cells and the metals in the drug- had to laugh at chemo session this time when he make nurse was telling one of the patients that some of it is made on site in special lab that sucks out all the dust etc because some of the products are not very nice undiluted - I had to point out that they aren't very nice diluted either!!! X

Elizabethrose

« Reply #708 on: January 15, 2017, 03:23:24 PM »

Absolute nightmare for you! I once had to take a drug called Topiramate which caused the brain to alter the taste of foods. Everyday foods which I loved suddenly tasted like poison, enough to make you gag! It was very difficult finding something I could put into my mouth - I really feel for you.

Hopefully your dinner will taste extraordinarily wonderful tonight! x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #709 on: January 15, 2017, 03:36:12 PM »

Not cooking today. Been out for lunch .... steak and scampi, chips, onion rings, tomato, peas .... only pub food but it was very good and I didn't have to cook it.  ;).  Followed by cherry roulade and custard.

coldethyl

« Reply #710 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »

Absolute nightmare for you! I once had to take a drug called Topiramate which caused the brain to alter the taste of foods. Everyday foods which I loved suddenly tasted like poison, enough to make you gag! It was very difficult finding something I could put into my mouth - I really feel for you.

Hopefully your dinner will taste extraordinarily wonderful tonight! x

They do tell you not to eat your favourite foods on chemo as you will be put off for life. I could happily suck ice loliies all day hut being diabetic that isn't a great plan.
I've just stuck the chicken in oven and made some bacon thingies - they smell nice if nothing else x

coldethyl

« Reply #711 on: January 15, 2017, 03:43:18 PM »

Not cooking today. Been out for lunch .... steak and scampi, chips, onion rings, tomato, peas .... only pub food but it was very good and I didn't have to cook it.  ;).  Followed by cherry roulade and custard.

The not having to cook it bit makes everything taste that much better , I find. I always have gammon and eggs when we go out as mr ethyl doesn't like it so I don't cook it at home and it's lovely just to have dinner out in front of me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #712 on: January 15, 2017, 04:07:12 PM »

Baked potatoes under the grate in the ashes ;-)

Tamoxifen altered my senses of smell and taste ...... everything was acute to the point that I could taste the spoonful of water that Himself had added to the Dundee cake mix; even though the cake was in a tin with lid fast on in a pantry behind a closed door  >:(

The Pill took away my sense of smell.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:10:03 PM by CLKD »

dazned

« Reply #713 on: January 15, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »

Roast sirloin joint,brussels,carrots,mash and roasties.

dulciana

« Reply #714 on: January 15, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »

For lunch, we had roast chicken, roast parsnips with carrots, and roast potatoes.  Pudding was apple strudel and vanilla ice cream. 

babyjane

« Reply #715 on: January 15, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »

cashew nut and mushroom roast with roast potatoes and stir fry of carrot, onion, celery and red pepper followed by rice pudding  :)

CLKD

« Reply #716 on: January 15, 2017, 06:00:08 PM »

On my way  ;D - Wales first for the apple strudel and then ........

Stuffed now - hot baked spuds from under the ashes, cold roasted chicken and home made chutney

coldethyl

« Reply #717 on: January 15, 2017, 06:01:46 PM »

Mine was surprisingly tasty so win win - so stuffed now I've had to lie down again - Mr e on washing up duty - He has discovered all manner of hitherto unexplored kitchen skills since my diagnosis ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #718 on: January 15, 2017, 06:34:12 PM »

Does MrE do dusting ?  ;)

coldethyl

« Reply #719 on: January 15, 2017, 06:41:38 PM »

Does MrE do dusting ?  ;)

Good at high level stuff with the big feathery thing x
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 222