Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tonsil stones  (Read 14564 times)

clio

tonsil stones
« on: April 15, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »

does anyone suffer with tonsil stones? How do you get them out??

Trey

Re: tonsil stones
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »

Yes.  There is a utube if you Google it.  Also my dentist will vacuum them out.  They usually eventually come out on their own.  From post nasal drip I think.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »

How do you know you have them.

Honeyb
X

Trey

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »

They are little cream colored things, maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch roundish in the tonsil crypt and they smell like sulphur.  If you open wide with mirror and light and sort of say ah they will often show.  You can also sort of feel their presence when you swallow.  They usually are hard to see until larger.  I hate them.. Thank goodness they are very infrequent.

Pandora

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »

Hi

I have had these horrible things. When I went to gp he said that it was thrush and gave me something to gargle.  It made no difference so I went back and saw another gp, he said I had a growth on my tonsil and made me an app with ENT. Of course by the time I got there they had gone, I swallowed it (yuk). They said to use mouthwash which I have ever since and they seem to be improving.  At the hospital the consultant said to use mouthwash with cordysol ( not sure of spelling)in it.

When they have come out it leaves a hole in the tonsil which you can see through a magnifying mirror.

Pandora

clio

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »

I get a really bad taste in my mouth, I can feel something in my right tonsil and can my breath smell wiffy. Not nice really and getting fedup with it. I cant see them but small ones pop out from time to time, they smell bloody awful. Ive tried copying the youtube ones but cant do it, I suppose it just takes practice.

Trey

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »

Pandora, the hole in the tonsil is a tonsilar crypt, totally normal.

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »

From when I was little I have had small, vile smelling lumps would arrive in up my mouth from my throat.
They tend to be worse when having a bug / virus.
I never knew what they were, but they sound like the same things.
They really do smell awful.    :(

Trey

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »

Smell is hideous, like sulphur.  Associated with sinuses, too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »

My tonsils were removed when I was 5 - I had never been left anywhere before  :-\  :'(

Salivary glands can get blocked too  ::)

Sarai

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »

As I read all the answers I was thinking oh I used to get these, horrid smelly little things. I actually never knew what they were though.
So her I was wondering why I no longer got them, then it dawned on me I had my tonsils out in my 30's and that must be when they stopped but I never noticed.

clio

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 09:08:43 AM »

They dont normally like to remove your tonsils in adulthood, how did dyou get on having this done Sarai?

Sarai

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 08:36:40 AM »

I never had tonsillitis up to my 30's then when I did it was every month. I even got it in France one hot August, the doc there could not believe I was being left to get it so often. He said there it would have been done sooner.
I had private health insurance then so getting it done was easy.
However it was the most traumatic experience of my life.
My uvula swelled to the size of a two pence piece and blocked my throat, I hardly spoke for a long time, my tongue went numb and I lost sense of taste.i had 2 young children then and I became very depressed by it.
I took 5 months to get better, my uvula still is not like it should be 20 years later.
The only bonus is I no longer get sore throats.

Jemima

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »

one word.

YUK!!!

never google tonsil stones on images!!!!!  :o :o

gonna vom!

lol

joyce21

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »

I had a stone in my saliva gland, but I think they are very different from yours, mine would swell whenever I was hungry, and ache in the same way as mumps do. It got bigger and bigger, I made an appointment with my gp, but n the day i was due to go I felt a pop, and my mouth was suddenly full of very salty liquid, this went on for about 15 mins, I still went to see the gp, and he said it was all the saliva that had been backed up eugh, he said it could come back, but if i thought it was the best thing to do was suck lemon drops, he said the acid in them disolves the stone, don't know if it works for tonsil ones though
x
Pages: [1] 2