Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: favourite perfume ?  (Read 25201 times)

Joyce

Re: favourite perfume ?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »

I hate it when some people drown themselves in it- there was a woman I used to work with who did that and I could almost taste it when she was in the room. Yuk! :sick02:

I know what you mean with that one.  Used to work with a girl who would drown herself in cheap stuff.  You could smell her wherever she went.  Even knew when she'd been in the toilet.  Needless to say if I ever smell that smell nowadays I feel my stomach heaving!

Rowan

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »

I mix a one or two of drops of rose geranium essential oil with some undiluted Classic Fenjal oil, I keep it in an empty essential oil bottle. I then have my own signature scent.

I have had many people ask what is that lovely smell, mostly men, one  said that I smelt of Italy. I think its the vanilla that attracts men ( survey I think)

Not a good idea if you have a sensitivity to essential oil though.

lady57

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »

catweazle i am not a regular perfume wearer only for special occasions or when i get a sense of odeur de armpit  ::) a bottle will last me for 2 or 3 years and i really do prefer the impulse sprays they are more dilute that a perfume  :)

kerrieann

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »

i always wear perfume always have but i agree women that drown themselves make me feel sickly  i have sprayed perfume on myself in store before and havent been able to get it washed off quick enough i dont always think its the cost but just what suits your skin

Joyce

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »

I've just had to ditch my Lovely perfume as it had gone off.  They do say that they only have a one year shelf life, though I do have mine for more like 2 years. 

My mum had a bottle of Intimate, think it was by Revlon, years ago.  She kept it so long we nicknamed it Antimate!  It was rank, but mum thought it was fine.

kerrieann

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »

yes i try to keep mine i its box and in a drawer isnt it the light that sends it off

Spadger

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »

One of my favourites was Byzance by Rochas - and they stopped making it :'( So I have moved on and now love Allure by Chanel, Truth by Calvin Klein & also Euphoria by Calvin Klein.  I agree that perfume smells different on different people, so I think it's trial & error - visit Boots and try some new ones out.  I am hoping Santa will bring me some new perfume this year, as I have been exceptionally good ;)
Spadger x

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »

I've been good too Spadger, but doubt hubby would even think to buy me perfume  ;)  He bought me for the very first Christmas after he met me and my skin came up in hives.  I hadn't the heart to tell him, so kept putting it on and put up with the sexy lumps until we got engaged.  ;D

flushtered

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »

Beyonce Heat - got it from DS for my birthday yesterday and really like it.

Firewalker50

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 10:40:47 PM »

Happy belated birthday Nifty.  Hope you had a lovely time.

Fx

flushtered

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 03:04:30 PM »

Thanks Firewalker, I did and spa break was heavenly.  :)

lady57

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »

I found some of my favourite perfume today, I last had some 20 years ago i didn't know they still made it it is marks and spencer Florentyna and is a mixture of gardenia, jasmine orange blossom and musk, i love it  :)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »

I have put in a request for Calvin Klein Euphoria.  I've had it before and it actually lasts on me - some others don't have any staying power on me.

shirleyp

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

Love Cartier la lune for evenings, have used Chanel Chance so much recently I can no longer smell it on me, J'adore and am saving my Boots points for some more Gucci Flora

Flyaway x

giniboz

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:27 PM »

I adore Coco Chanel and have worn it for years, but have recently stopped as my friend said it reminded her of 'old lady'!!!!?  I have defected to Miss Dior (not original one, the other one, used to be called Cherie I think) which does make me feel young and attractive.

I used to wear Charlie, and something dreadful called 'Knowing' by...(can't remember) - when I smell it now it practically makes me heave, but I thought it was the last word in sophistication when I was 20.  Funny how you change!

My mother used to wear Tweed, and my dad spalshed on Brut in the green bottle - I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that aftershave! Very happy memories for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7